1.28 quests

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Bucket? Fishing?

I really don't see what that clue has to do with this quest.

The topic is "1.28 quests", there's more than just 1 quest. The one with the bucket is different from the murder quest. :)

DeletedUser

My pleasure!

Hint: chose the murderer wisely. A bounty hunter will not get a bounty if he brings the wrong person to jail.
Hint: the murderer is the only one who lies in his testimony. Read the epilogues very carefully to know who the liar is.

I am not entirely sure if I agree with the second part of the statement. "Dried tears" claims that the "other fiancee" knew about the "violation" and stormed out and there were reaction and stuff. The latter denies that statement completely. There is also information about the will, which the "other fiancee" confirms. Murdering someone 20 years later to cover up a previous crime seems a bit... weird, it feels like there was much stronger, immediate motive of vengeance by some other party. Frankly speaking, I think that there was a bigger reward for pointing towards someone else. And how can we confirm that the murder-weapon was definitely a branding iron, there is no morgue report suggesting that it was a blunt force trauma. And, the horseman said something like "come back for more story" or something along that line. I think this particular quest has an alternative ending... I just did not have the guts to give up a bluntline and 1k XP... There were just too many unanswered questions for me to feel like we have a done a well rounded all-loose-ends-tied-up job for this quest... there should have been, or IS, more to it!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That's the feeling I had as well, but apparently we are both wrong. That is all. All the other "hints" are meant just to mislead us.

DeletedUser

how many items do you have to get.. 5 or are there more? i got 5 of them, and im not sure if i have to get more or what to do at this point.

DeletedUser

Can't seem to remember... check the sheriff... once you collected 'em all, a new quest will appear...

DeletedUser

ok thanks, i know he isnt showing anything after getting 5 of them. so there must be a few more

DeletedUser

Merged.
Let's see if I can help you with some hints: be careful not to explode while looking for one clue. Another one could be hiding between saw dust. Go look in a smoker's plantation as well and maybe ask some tequila makers if they can help you with one. The yellow potion might be a clue as well. Oh and one last thing, if you like taming horses you might find some help there.
Count the hints.

DeletedUser

can you send me the conversations between the ppl please, they are gone and i seen where you sent it to others.

DeletedUser

Merged.
Let's see if I can help you with some hints: be careful not to explode while looking for one clue. Another one could be hiding between saw dust. Go look in a smoker's plantation as well and maybe ask some tequila makers if they can help you with one. The yellow potion might be a clue as well. Oh and one last thing, if you like taming horses you might find some help there.

So according to your hints you can only get the evidence doing certain jobs. As a pure builder that is sort of unfair as I cannot do certain jobs that are outlined in your hints.

Oh well off I go back to town then.

:sad:

DeletedUser

True but as a pure builder you get the first nice reward item no matter your class, and a builder really doesn't need the final prize at all.

DeletedUser

Unless you want to later switch to a dueler, plus 1k exp is nice to.

DeletedUser

Nah. That prize is usefull only for alljobs adventurers. He can get a better thing on level 40 quests. ;)
And 1K XP is easily made in a fort fight. :)

DeletedUser16002

I cant figure out the second part of the bucket quest, he says "Okay, first cover it with a lot of soap and then soak it... thanks for now... you can keep the bucket." I tried going back to stream fishing with the bucket equipped and nothing.

DeletedUser21320

I cant figure out the second part of the bucket quest, he says "Okay, first cover it with a lot of soap and then soak it... thanks for now... you can keep the bucket." I tried going back to stream fishing with the bucket equipped and nothing.

You want more than the fire-fighting bonus you already have?

DeletedUser

You need to work the forest for an unknown amount of time and then you find a product there equip it and continue.

DeletedUser

I was looking for a hint. ;) That's not as much fun.

But your answer works too.

DeletedUser

Im sorry i thought it was well established. Most people see the reports anyways. Ill remove it if you want.

DeletedUser

Count the hints.

I just can't get this (tumble)

I've talked with all suspects and reported back to sheriff. Should he give me that hint dialog above?

All I get from him is: Hmm, interesting. So I was right to make you a deputy. You did good work and found these five suspects. Unfortunately the evidence isn't strong enough yet to convict the true criminal. Go back out and keep looking for clues. I think you'll be most likely to find something near the property.

I've tried to do jobs around the property but haven't got any more evidense. What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.