1.23 Thanksgiving Quest

DeletedUser

you spend way too much for doing the quest requirements, for example i did 4 hours of orange and got none. I need 6 oranges, so i have to do what? 24 hours of orange-working? in 24 hours i can gain more than 1200-1500 points from hunting grizzly. then i have to do some corn, which is again 38% chance, then how much to get the 10 turkeys? And not to mention the 10 hours of laying tracks.
Ok, i understand we have to work a bit for this, but there should be lower requests.
For example, 10 turkeys is way too big. Same with oranges. At least, put some products that are easier to harvest.

update: another 30 mins to oranges, i am also a premium adventurer. got no orange. it's really annoying!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Prior to the introduction of this quest how easy was it to gain an extra Attribute point over and above all the other levelling up and quest rewards?
It was impossible because it simply did not exist. There was a limit to the total number of Attribute and Skill points you could achieve. There still is a limit but it is higher so you can potentially do that Trading job or Trading with Indians much sooner, in fact any yellow job is now closer to being achieved. For most pure builds it means they can actually do a particular job before level 60 or whatever.

Some players have done the math and found that that one attribute point can equate to almost 2 thirds of a level which is a pretty good deal so even if it takes you 3/4 days to do the quest the gain is significantly better than the time allegededly wasted doing a quest that is "too hard".

Anything worth while has to be worked for and if you are not prepared to work for this reward then fine, dont. But remember when you get the point where it takes a week to gain 1 level how much easier it would of been to just shoot a couple of turkeys and pick some fruit.

DeletedUser

Prior to the introduction of this quest how easy was it to gain an extra Attribute point over and above all the other levelling up and quest rewards?
It was impossible because it simply did not exist. There was a limit to the total number of Attribute and Skill points you could achieve. There still is a limit but it is higher so you can potentially do that Trading job or Trading with Indians much sooner, in fact any yellow job is now closer to being achieved. For most pure builds it means they can actually do a particular job before level 60 or whatever.

Some players have done the math and found that that one attribute point can equate to almost 2 thirds of a level which is a pretty good deal so even if it takes you 3/4 days to do the quest the gain is significantly better than the time allegededly wasted doing a quest that is "too hard".

Anything worth while has to be worked for and if you are not prepared to work for this reward then fine, dont. But remember when you get the point where it takes a week to gain 1 level how much easier it would of been to just shoot a couple of turkeys and pick some fruit.

well, it takes me at ll 45 about 2 days to jump a level :)
but yes, you do have a point, high level payers do jump slower, i'm 81 in one world and takes a lot to jump 1 level.
but then again, putting a high level player to do turkey hunt, oranges, picking corn, laying railroad tracks, it's very annoying, especially when the dropping system can lead to working hours and get nothing.

DeletedUser

well, it takes me at ll 45 about 2 days to jump a level :)
but yes, you do have a point, high level payers do jump slower, i'm 81 in one world and takes a lot to jump 1 level.
but then again, putting a high level player to do turkey hunt, oranges, picking corn, laying railroad tracks, it's very annoying, especially when the dropping system can lead to working hours and get nothing.

Nobody forces you to do those quests. Since you have one higher level character, you know how long it takes to gain a level.

I can do all jobs except robbing train, bounty hunter, transport prisoner, and 1 or 2 more. Needless to say, I can do almost all the higher exp + luck jobs in this game yet I still spent almost a week collecting all of those items. The reason is simple, that one extra charisma = I can do all jobs one level faster. According to my calculation, I can do robbing train + bounty hunter to do the level 67 quest in 5 more levels, unless I cannabalize my skill & attribute point elsewhere and destroy my ability to do some jobs. Since I'm reluctant to destroy my ability to do all the high exp jobs, it was very worthwhile for me to do those low level "agriculture" jobs because it takes way too long to just gain one level.

If you don't aim for doing all jobs, then this quest may not be as worthwhile. For me, I need to do this quest as it's getting harder & harder to gain a level and doing all jobs requires a lot of skill & attribute points, not to mention good items.

DeletedUser

you spend way too much for doing the quest requirements, for example i did 4 hours of orange and got none. I need 6 oranges, so i have to do what? 24 hours of orange-working? in 24 hours i can gain more than 1200-1500 points from hunting grizzly. then i have to do some corn, which is again 38% chance, then how much to get the 10 turkeys? And not to mention the 10 hours of laying tracks.
Ok, i understand we have to work a bit for this, but there should be lower requests.
For example, 10 turkeys is way too big. Same with oranges. At least, put some products that are easier to harvest.

update: another 30 mins to oranges, i am also a premium adventurer. got no orange. it's really annoying!

Do you have Higher Income AND Character Bonus on?

DeletedUser

Do you have Higher Income AND Character Bonus on?

have all 4 premium active. Yes, i get more money, more chances to get items, again even more chances given double character bonus, and nothing.
very very very annoying.

as a matter of fact, i kinda noticed that each time i accept a quest that requires product x, it's a bit harder to get that product. If i cancel the quest, i find the products easier. Is it just a coincidence or not, but i can't just cancel this quest as i might not get it active again.

as a side note: i found no orange, but i found
and
while doing oranges. the drop rate for items is great, but not the drop rate for products. really strange and ugly

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

have all 4 premium active. Yes, i get more money, more chances to get items, again even more chances given double character bonus, and nothing.
very very very annoying.

as a matter of fact, i kinda noticed that each time i accept a quest that requires product x, it's a bit harder to get that product. If i cancel the quest, i find the products easier. Is it just a coincidence or not, but i can't just cancel this quest as i might not get it active again.

I notice that a few times, but it can be due to random luck. For most of the other quests where there is no time limit, I prefer to gather up the ingredients before I accept the quest. For this, I accept first to make sure it doesn't go away, then start to collect.

DeletedUser

I never accept a quest requiring products before I have the products, but I doubt it actually has any effect besides psychologically.

DeletedUser19900

Another day and zero turkeys

Another 6 hours spent so far shooting the turkeys, and still sitting at zero turkeys.

13% per half hour...
2 X 6 = 12 half hours
12 X 13 = 156% for at least one turkey...

...and today, like the past 2 weeks (less a day), no turkeys (I've been trying to work it once a day prior to thanksgiving quest due to the 'Supplies' quest in 'Black Mountains' which requires 3 of them).

Just yelling to the heavens here...

I hope you don't have a time limit on getting the 10 turkeys once the quest is accepted, because at this rate I'm certain Henry and his cousin are going to go hungry on Thanksgiving day. :unsure:

At least I got the oranges in 4 hours of work...

DeletedUser

Sheesh... 13 hours of hunting, one lone turkey leg. My product luck has just been brutal lately.

Well, it's sped up at last. Took some time off to build and rebuild motivation. Now I'm up to 22 1/2 hours and 6 turkeys.

DeletedUser

Another 6 hours spent so far shooting the turkeys, and still sitting at zero turkeys.

13% per half hour...
2 X 6 = 12 half hours

...and today, like the past 2 weeks (less a day), no turkeys (I've been trying to work it once a day prior to thanksgiving quest due to the 'Supplies' quest in 'Black Mountains' which requires 3 of them).

I hope you don't have a time limit on getting the 10 turkeys once the quest is accepted, because at this rate I'm certain Henry and his cousin are going to go hungry on Thanksgiving day. :unsure:

same mistake. those are probabilities. and probabilities DO NOT SUM UP

DeletedUser

14 hours an I got 11 Turkeys, I'm an adventurer btw, I did 2 hour shifts so 7 in all.
I also never accept the quest until I have the product, to be fair it has been difficult on other worlds though.

DeletedUser

my best so far is on W5... only 5 turkeys, almost there!!!!

Worst world... W2 still need one corn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DeletedUser

13% per half hour...
2 X 6 = 12 half hours

Assume chance of getting turkey is at 13% per 1/2 hour AND each attempt of getting a turkey per 30 minutes are independent from each other (meaning whether or not you get one will not affect you in any way, shape or form of getting or not getting another one down the road)

The probability of not getting any turkey after 6 hours on the job is
(1-13%)^(6 * 2) = 87%^12 = 18.8031682201497672618081%

So....the probability of not getting any turkey after 6 hours is still higher than the probability of getting a turkey after doing it for 30 minutes (18% > 13%)