Passed 1,2,3,4 stars of your hotel

Shall the hotel star system be different for town members?

• Yes

Votes: 176 80.4%
  • No

Votes: 43 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

The most active players in the game have no problems in finding a "good town" to join. A "good town" being one with a large fort, or even a medium or small fort. This is because the best towns in the west NEED active players in order to defend their forts, retake other forts, duel impostors, and other things that only the most active players can do.
All townsfolk of such towns (and their allies), they get to sleep in a fort and get 80-100% regeneration for only 6 hours.
The suggestion in this thread is "pro" those players who are not as free with their time as they'd like to be, cannot afford to be active as much as they'd like to be, and therefore are not "good town" material. Therefore such players are bound only to 8hrs sleep, whereas the more active players have a choice of either 6 or 8 hrs.
So, for now, active players CAN manage their sleeping time, and the less active cannot.

This idea gives EVERY player, active or not, the ability to manage their sleeping time. However the active players keep their well deserved advantage, as sleeping in a fort (regardless of its size) remains BY FAR the most effective way of regaining energy and health.
It is my belief that if it is true that this will enhance the play of the non-active players, this would only be more beneficial to the active players (higher-leveled non-active players to duel, greater competition for a place in the "good towns" - some non-active become active). Furthermore, even the most active players can find some situations where this new system would be beneficial, regardless of their ability to sleep in forts.
I'm not going to kid you and say that this is a major thing when it's not. The difference is very slight when it comes to the enhancement of the less active player, and the active player will use this once in a while, but that doesn't mean this wouldn't be an improvement to the status hotels have now.

Thanks to everyone that believes this would be an improvement to the game, and voted yes.
Also thanks to all of you who have showed us potential problems that this system may have, and voted no.

DeletedUser

Why not just add a drop down box to the hotel, so you can queue up either 2,4,6 or 8 hours of sleep.

i like this idea better

basically, unless i missed something here, this is just an alternative to forts for towns that dont have.

thats why they now have alliances and shared forts.

you cant tell me that changing the hotel time is ok, but still leave the fort rest times as is?

why cant a guy defending the fort have a nap for three hours and wake up in time for battle?

how is that any different?

DeletedUser

so 1 star = 64 energy points = 5.12 hours sleep (approx.307 mins)
2 star = 72 energy points = 5.76 hours sleep (approx.345 mins)
3 star = 80 energy points = 6.40 hours sleep (exactly 384mins)
4 star = 88 energy points = 7.04 hours sleep (approx. 422 mins)
and of course
5 star = 100 energy points = 8.00 hours sleep

you cant tell me that changing the hotel time is ok, but still leave the fort rest times as is?

why cant a guy defending the fort have a nap for three hours and wake up in time for battle?

A level 3 of this system would provide close to the same as owning a small fort. With the fort being superior. It isnt a gain really, If you sleep at your luxury Apartment in the current system and cancel after sleeping 384 Minutes you will gain 80 energy. This just is more control over the que length.

With this system rather than the 1-5 stars signifying regen rate (current way); it will signify sleep time (que length). The drop down box is better but this would work also.

P.S. You can sleep in an allied fort and not have to be awake for the battle as long as you are at that fort. If you are talking about the "que length" of fort sleep, then this idea might not be bad to implement on both

Deleted User - 1278415

View Poll Results: Shall the hotel star system be different for town members?
Yes
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
clear.gif
176 80.37%
No
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif
clear.gif
43 19.63%

Whoa.. I'm surprised it passed and just barely. Alright we will send this to the developers to consider different levels to the hotel system and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.