Search results

1. Goober Pyle

Topics for discussion

These are the topics I have been using. Some aren't especially great for the current fort parameters, and other topics would be better but aren't on the list right now. SPLIT Start | Tanks aim for North Wall | Advents aim for DT or AT SPLIT start | East aim for AT and West aim for DT SPLIT...
  2. Goober Pyle

14th Birthday Speed Server Awesomia battle May 25 @ 22:00ST

What's this all about? Time will tell. Sign up earlier as join restrictions will be used liberally.
  3. Goober Pyle

Summary of Join Restriction Survey results

Yes (combined) Yes (all) Yes (events) No yes>no Conclusion: Arizona 8 4 4 4 4 Will keep for events only Briscoe 2 0 2 2 0 Will abandon Colorado 15 5 10 0 15 Will keep for events only Dakota 4 3 1 1 3 Will abandon El Dorado 4 3 1 0 4 Will keep for all...
  4. Goober Pyle

(Interim) Local Community Rule on abusive Fort Fights

The following is a working draft on guidance for policing abusive Fort Fights. This rule is not entirely finalized but is being posted in advance, as it will be fully enforced on the current active Speed World, and will be applied on a case by case basis otherwise. Outside of the speed...
  5. Goober Pyle

Would you like to see Awesomia battle Join restrictions continue?

During this past Easter event I introduced the use of join restrictions to attempt to balance these battles. Some efforts have worked better than others and the results are subject to my availability to view the numbers, interpret and project the balance, and change the restrictions. From my...
  6. Goober Pyle

During this past Easter event I introduced the use of join restrictions to attempt to balance these battles. Some efforts have worked better than others and the results are subject to my availability to view the numbers, interpret and project the balance, and change the restrictions. From my...
  7. Goober Pyle

8. Goober Pyle

9. Goober Pyle

10. Goober Pyle

11. Goober Pyle

12. Goober Pyle

13. Goober Pyle

14. Goober Pyle

15. Goober Pyle

16. Goober Pyle

17. Goober Pyle

Easter Awesomia Battle Join Restrictions

For the Easter Awesomia battles I will once again be monitoring signups. If/When one side or the other exceeds the cap, a restriction on further signups to that side will be added until the other side is also reaches capacity. After which restrictions will be lifted. At 110% of capacity join...
  18. Goober Pyle

Summary of Fort Fight activity Mar. 1 to Apr. 4

World Arizona Briscoe Colorado Dakota El Dorado Fairbank Galveston Houston Idaho Juarez Kansas Las Vegas Participations 3031 1419 7300 1356 1565 3017 1281 2115 1374 2520 5141 4428 Battles 26 26 64 27 23 29 29 32 22 30 42 57 Better battles* 7 4 24 7 5 15 7 10 13 10 25 19 *...
  19. Goober Pyle

Proposed Community Rule on Abusive Digs

The game mechanics provide limited restrictions on the digging of Fort Battles. The only tool available to discourage excessive/abusive digging of fort battles is to increase the base price to dig. This has proven largely ineffective, as on established worlds long-standing towns have millions in...
  20. Goober Pyle

St. Patricks Awesomia Battle Join Restrictions

In order to minimize the risk of people getting left out of St. Patrick's Awesomia battles I will be monitoring signups. If/When one side or the other exceeds the cap, a restriction on further signups to that side will be added until the other side is also reaches capacity. After which...