Search results

1. sambee

Happy Birthday voting

Hello again. Thanks to the 3 contestants who sent in an entry. It is now time to vote. 1. 2. 3.
  2. sambee

COMPETITION: Happy Birthday!

YEEHAW! Happy 8th Birthday to The West! To coincide with Hollywest: The West Video Contest, there is now a graphic competition for those who would like to show their skills in a static form of media. It may be a signature, a full size graphic, a comic strip or even, hand drawn art. If you...
  3. sambee

COMP: Thanksgiving Banner

"The West" Thanksgiving Themed Banner Howdy Folks! Yep it's that time of year again. Time to thank god for all the blessings he has given you throughout the year whilst feasting over a roasted turkey and pumpkin pie. There's just one problem. The banner in for the forum doesn't really...
  4. sambee

COMP: Fondest Memory

Have you got memories which will stay in your heart forever? Maybe it's your first kiss, getting married or buying your first car. Have you ever thought how it would've gone if you were living in the wild west? Well now you can!! It's time to recreate your fondest memory but in the era of the...
  5. sambee

Eureka!!...

…shouted the pilgrim as he stood ankle deep in a flowing creek gazing at a gold nugget held firmly between his fingers which not a few seconds before was picked from his gold pan. His mate came rushing across the creek faster than anything describable. Their massive grins could be seen through...
  6. sambee

Christmas Banner Voting

Hey all. Thanks to everyone who entered they all look great! You should be proud of yourselves. It's time to vote for your favourite banner! To vote, simply check the box which corresponds to the banner in the 1st post. It is a multiple vote so if you have 2 favourites you can pick both of them...
  7. sambee

Competition Discussion

Brand new discussion thread for all types of competitions. Ask questions, talk about designs, but DON'T post entries in here.
  8. sambee

Christmas in the Forum Competition

"The West" Forum Christmas Themed Banner Howdy Folks The old trusty forum banner is good but it doesn't show the real spirit of the Christmas season. The posse and I are looking for a brand spanking new banner which will be a site for all forum comers for 2 weeks around Christmas. It can be...
  9. sambee

Art Competition Activity

G'day all With the recent art competitions we've had some great entries from talented people. I thank you all for taking your time and showing off your skills. But what I have noticed is that the number of people who enter the competitions is decreasing. The last competition Season's...
  10. sambee

Seasons Changing Competition

Autumn/Spring Graphic Competition I don't know about you guys but it's starting to warm up down under. Trees are blossoming, birds are cheeping and the lawns are being mowed for the first time in months. This must mean spring has sprung. As for you guys in the northern hemisphere, the leaves...
  11. sambee

Independence Day Competition Voting

G’day all Thanks to the entrants in Independence Day Competition they look great. It is now time to vote for your favourites. To vote, choose the number which corresponds with the artwork next to it. It is a multiple vote so you can vote for all the sigs you like. Remember you can tell...
  12. sambee

Independence Day Competition

Independence Day Graphic Competition Create a graphic! Come put your design skills to the test. All entrants will be added to a poll to see who likes which graphic the best. The graphic with the most votes wins! Players will be encouraged to vote for the execution of the graphic, the visual...
  13. sambee

MS Paint Skills

This is for a bit of fun, no competition, no prizes and everyone can join! I want to see what peoples skills are like using MS Paint or the Paintbrush on Mac. I'd like you to draw anything! Whether it be inspirational, funny, meaningful or just an awesome drawing. Post all your paintings here...
  14. sambee

SOTW #3 Voting

G’day all Thanks to the entrants in SOTW #3 they look great. It is now time to vote for your favourites. To vote, choose the number which corresponds with the artwork next to it. It is a multiple vote so you can vote for all the sigs you like. Remember you can tell your friends to come...
  15. sambee

Sotw #3

The SOTW #3 Competition Create a signature! Come put your design skills to the test. All entrants will be added to a poll to see who likes which signature the best. The signature with the most votes wins! Players will be encouraged to vote for the execution of the signature, the visual appeal...
  16. sambee

SOTW #2 Voting

G’day all Thanks to the entrants in SOTW #2 they look great. It is now time to vote for your favourites. To vote, choose the number which corresponds with the artwork next to it. This time I have made it a multiple vote so you can vote for all the ones you like. Remember you can tell your...
  17. sambee

SOTW Discussion

Instead of using the competition thread to talk about the competition, post whatever you want to say about it here. I want to keep the comp thread just for the sigs which are being entered. If you post a sig here I won't include them in the vote.
  18. sambee

Sotw #2

The SOTW #2 Competition Create a signature! Come put your design skills to the test. All entrants will be added to a poll to see who likes which signature the best. The signature with the most votes wins! Players will be encouraged to vote for the execution of the signature, the visual...
  19. sambee

SOTW #1 Voting

Hey everyone Thank you all for the entries and support for the 1st Sig of the Week. Even though it says week I actually mean fortnight but "week" sounds better. It is now time to vote for the best piece of art submitted. To vote, choose the number which corresponds with the artwork next to it...
  20. sambee

Grab Your Brush and Easel

Hey everyone! I’m sambee and I’m the new deputy sheriff for this forum section. I am replacing orgo who recently departed for the greener pastures of real life. (OR browner pastures, however you want to look at it.) We will be running art competitions, WITH prizes, as often as we can to...