Search results

1. WanderingStranger

Duels promote griefing

Not every duel is but some duels can be. (We already have evidence of this ffs. It isnt a hard concept despite the number of times I have been forced to repeat it) It is apparently useless to point this out to people who refuse to read so I am not going to bother anymore. It is like playing...
  2. WanderingStranger

Duels promote griefing

Griefing is always the abuse of a system in a game so it doesnt matter that it is part of the game and your point is idiotic because you keep treating it as if we are talking about every duel. and dont think I didnt notice you STILL ignored my point just to repeat more of the same nonsense.
  3. WanderingStranger

Duels promote griefing

Griefing is abusing a system to harass another player. Harassing someone is a type of abuse as well. I shouldnt have to explain this to someone who tried to sound so superior (yet failed so spectacularly). Yet again. NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT EVERY DUEL. Just like Pankreas you are also...
  4. WanderingStranger

Duels promote griefing

Ahh the classic "It is your fault I abuse you" argument. It is a garbage argument every time it gets trotted out. "Dont want to be griefed in online mode? Just play story mode." "Dont want to be intentionally shot by your teammates? Just play solo mode." It also conveniently ignores that the...
  5. WanderingStranger

Duels promote griefing

Wrong. The only options that allow it also have a negative penalty. You either have to suicide for KO protection, lose health and possibly energy in the process, or not join a town losing access to forums, safer markets, chats, shops, etc.
  6. WanderingStranger

Duels promote griefing

Nonsense question. They are not used as synonyms. You are either confused or are desperately trying to nitpick your way out of this with another straw man. Either way I will not explain again after this. Having a system that allows players to negatively effect another player without their...
  7. WanderingStranger

Duels promote griefing

Yes it is correct. It allows a player to negatively effect another player without their explicit permission. That sort of system promotes abuse. Fort fights as a whole are not the same but the dig system is. It allows abuse as well by allowing another player to negatively effect the gameplay of...
  8. WanderingStranger

Duels promote griefing

That was my point. Fort fights could be as well. We have literally had people banned for abusing the dig system, aka "griefing" others.
  9. WanderingStranger

Duels promote griefing

Do you know one way you can find someone arguing dishonestly? Look for them trying to shift the burden of proof. I will play your game however. "Duels promote greifing" Does that say all duels are greifing? NO! It uses the word promote. Promote - further the progress of (something, especially...
  10. WanderingStranger

Duels promote griefing

You can disagree but you would still be wrong. Your entire premise is wrong in fact because you are still treating it as if someone said every duel would be considered griefing and no one has said that. This is the second time I have said this. I would appreciate it if you stopped arguing...
  11. WanderingStranger

Duels promote griefing

Then you would be the one who is wrong. Almost every act of griefing in every game ever used an element of gameplay. Arguing that "Gameplay in The West IS dueling" has no bearing at all. Alex didnt say every duel is greifing as you try to make it seem but it certainly promotes it and arguing...
  12. WanderingStranger

Day of dead stuff unavailable in Xmas bags?

Exactly. This last event screws over a big portion of the playerbase and then we get hit again at christmas it seems. This is the only reason I can see for this decision. Players discussed the sets being in bags for the entire event all the way up until now just to find out some seemingly...
  13. WanderingStranger

Day of dead stuff unavailable in Xmas bags?

Last year (2017) had the DotD sets. https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/christmas-sale-2017.57602/ same for 2016 https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/christmas-sale-2016.57336/ besides the chests I confirmed on tw-calc that their stats show the 2016 and 2017 bags both had...
  14. WanderingStranger

TAFKA Miss Sarajevo

I think I may recognize the name but I am not sure we played together much. I played many of the older worlds at one point or another but I was mostly active in the named rather than numbered worlds. Welcome back. It is entirely possible I am wrong as well. It has been many years and many...
  15. WanderingStranger

Day of the Dead 2018

Soo..... everyone having fun so far? :D
  16. WanderingStranger

New World - Idaho

That is around the time I expect it too Bucksnort.
  17. WanderingStranger

Malachite revolver

I will take another if you are offering :D I got mine though :)
  18. WanderingStranger

Your Thoughts On W16

You can use one of the external sites. tw-db.info or tw-calc.net. Also on the Wiki. https://wiki.the-west.net/wiki/Category:Item_sets
  19. WanderingStranger

Chef Weapon Set

As someone who doesnt buy nuggets, I understand Inno needs money to keep the game going but this set isnt helping. Some towns spent years and tens millions of dollars in-game to upgrade their players and all of that time, money, and teamwork has been negated by someone with a decent wallet. It...
  20. WanderingStranger

2.68 Loading Times

I have been noticing it as well. My load times have increased severalfold since the last update. My speeds are fairly slow but I went from several seconds to load to 45 seconds to a minute now.