1. Goober Pyle

Feedback February Sale

lets all meditate on that
  2. Goober Pyle

Feedback February Sale

oops :) https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/february-sale.61254/
  3. Goober Pyle

Feedback February Sale

https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/februari-f%C3%B6rs%C3%A4ljning.61257/#post-796287
  4. Goober Pyle

Feedback Update 2.191

Personally I’d rather they use your opponents median! It would completely remove the incentive to downrank low level players in favor of high-level noobs. It would encourage more players to show up for the weaker side. It would contribute to helping the weaker side catch up.
  5. Goober Pyle

Feedback Update 2.191

That's non-public information until players discover it for themselves and choose to share or not share.
  6. Goober Pyle

Feedback Winter event 2023

“It’s bigger on the inside”. You might say it’s ‘tardised
  7. Goober Pyle

2023 Awesomia battle initiative -- Discussion

There is no public information beyond the announcements, and I haven’t personally seen anything more informative than that. I am hopeful that I will be able to get some data from these awesomia battles (that’s one of my motivations for calling them all right away), but it’s not Data I will...
  8. Goober Pyle

Yes, I will try to balance the worlds currently designated for non-event balancing I will also try to get login polls soon to reassess which worlds to use join balancing on.
  9. Goober Pyle

?? a quick sim of 500k trials hit it twice; I'd like to see the math pointing at 1:1T.
  10. Goober Pyle

2023 Awesomia battle initiative

Schedule: on Arizona on Jan. 31 at 19:20 ST on Briscoe on Jan. 31 at 16:00 ST on Colorado on Jan. 31 at 23:59 ST on Dakota on Jan. 31 at 16:40 ST on El Dorado on Jan. 31 at 20:00 ST on Fairbank on Jan. 31 at 17:20 ST on Galveston on Jan. 31 at 22:00 ST on Houston on Jan. 31 at 23:20...
  11. Goober Pyle

A new year, a new update, an old theme! With the update to Fort Fight reward formulas a new round of Awesomia battles is being called! Each battle will award a Can of Spinach to both sides. I will start off fast by working all worlds in to have a battle on January 31. This will be a...
  12. Goober Pyle

Greetings Fort Fighters! Please direct here any discussion pertaining to: https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/2023-awesomia-battle-initiative.61252/
  13. Goober Pyle

Greetings Fort Fighters! Watch this space for news on when Henry is trekking to Awesomia on your world, what incentives are in store, and when an attack prevails and the towers/walls get upgraded. Please direct any discussion about these battles here...
  14. Goober Pyle

New Quest line to un-upgrade gear

If this happens at all I would imagine it takes the form of downgrading just reduces the level for the same fee you would pay to upgrade it. so, for example: L3 Walkara's tooth chain Upgrade: input: 3 x L3 Walkara's tooth chain; $25,740. output: 1 x L4 Walkara's tooth chain Downgrade...
  15. Goober Pyle

The West EN Census

More usueful, if it's not too hard, would be "plus levels" -- the sum of levels in excess of 150. so, for example, on las vegas 1. 166; 2. 165; 3. 163; 4.163; 5. 160; 6. 159; 7. 159; 8. 157; 9. 156; 10. 156; 11. 156; 12. 156; 13. 155; 14. 155; 15. 154; 16. 154; 17. 154; 18. 153; 19. 153; 20...
  16. Goober Pyle

Events

What do you mean by "next period" ? Yes, there will be another "speed event" in the not too distant future, but we do tend to leave at lest a month or so between such events.
  17. Goober Pyle

Yeah, much better if you traded 10 twigs in at a time and got 10 random items but no xp potions, then on the 10th batch 1 item is a 1 2 or 5% xp, one item is a 5 or 10% and one is a 25%
  18. Goober Pyle

Feedback Update 2.191

My read is that the formula is designed to be tweaked further to establish more balanced rewards if the new settings aren’t quite there.
  19. Goober Pyle

Feedback Update 2.191

Personally I would prefer they used the 75th percentile player instead as that would all but rule out ranking considerations. Please let me know if you do see a lot of ranking impact and I’ll pass the feedback on.
  20. Goober Pyle

Feedback Update 2.191

Well, yes, where battles are full rankers will have more incentive to give ranks to high level offies at the expense of low-level onliners, which is a shame, but I don’t honestly believe that will be a significant issue By using median (assuming it will be over 150) you have no new incentive to...