Suggestion - New Quest: Grandmaster

Caerdwyn

Suggestion: New Quest

Title: Grandmaster (Repeatable Quests)

Tasks: "Good to see you [playername]! The governor's train is making a water stop in town tonight and we need something special to show just what kind of skilled artisans live here!"

Requires:
After accepting the quest Apprentice (Repeatable Quests) you must wait 48 hours.
After accepting the quest Journeyman (Repeatable Quests) you must wait 48 hours.
After accepting the quest Master (Repeatable Quests) you must wait 48 hours.
After accepting the quest Grandmaster (Repeatable Quests) you must wait 48 hours.

[1] French Breakfast 1/1 OR A fever medicine 1/1 OR Improved Spurs 1/1 OR Leather saddlebags 1/1

Rewards: 10xp and 7 Bonds

martoru

7 bonds at 48 hours :)))))))))

did you not notice that repetable for 1 bond need one week ???

Harriet Oleson

(Just a precision : it's "after finishing", not "accepting", there's a mistake in tw-calc or tw-db, not sure)

7 bonds at 48 hours :)))))))))

did you not notice that repetable for 1 bond need one week ???

There's a cooldown of 4 days between each craft for these recipes and they aren't auctionable, so in any case we wouldn't be able to validate this quest every 2 days. But I guess Caerdwyn wrote that only to put all these quests to the same model.

As about the amount of bonds, the quest "Master" already gives 5 bonds and is available like others (every two days).
Apprentice -> 1 bond every two days, requiring a product from a craft recipe level 0
Journeyman -> 3 bonds every two days, requiring a product from a craft recipe level 250
Master -> 5 bonds every two days, requiring a product from a craft recipe level 450
And here we'd get, totally in the same logic :
Grandmaster -> 7 bonds every two days, requiring a product from a craft recipe level, officially 700 but we can get the recipe only after level 750.

I like the idea. Seven bonds don't seem too much in my point of view compared to the difficulty to reach this level, and also compared to the type of buffs we'd be giving in exchange : they are quite good, especially the one from master saddler (+7 att, +7def -uses :2- active waytime shortening : 40%).

Harriet Oleson

You agree with the 1 bond per week ? That's only for other quests though, not for crafting quests. Or am I missing something ?

(Just a precision : it's "after finishing", not "accepting", there's a mistake in tw-calc or tw-db, not sure)
Ah, I'm checking and it is also written "after accepting" in game so I don't know anymore lol.
I said that because of the wiki : it's written "after finishing". And because I have already accepted several of these quests at the same time without having to wait 2 days before being able to accept the other ones. Once I finished one of them, the others disappeared though. And they re-appeared only several days later (surely 2 days, I didn't pay attention). But maybe there's a subtility somewhere if in game it's written something else.

In any case, we can't validate all these quests at the same time : we can accept several of them at the same time, but if we validate one, others disappear during a few days.

Harriet Oleson

I made the test :
- I accepted the 3 quests at the same time
- I waited more than 2 days without ending any of them
- them I ended one of them. And here, the quest appears again : I could accept it again just after validation. So seems like it's really "after accepting" and not "after finishing"; the wiki is wrong here.

The thing is : when we accept one of these quests, it doesn't prevent to accept other quests even though it's written as a requirement we have to wait 48h after accepting one of the 3. Also we can't validate more than 2 quests of different types the same day. I mean : here, I could still accept and validate the one I already have validated (cause I waited more than 48h). And I could also validate another one of the 3 I had accepted more than 2 days ago. But after validation, this one didn't appear again and the third one totally disappeared. They will surely re-appear in two days.

I'm precising all of this because seems like we can validate 2 of them the same day, not only one as I thought. But in any case, not 3.