Feedback Happy 15th Birthday The West!

Kidd Kalypso

Color me not impressed with this whole question contest. A celebration set should be easily gotten by all in a quest line in game. I hate to point out the obvious, but only 20ish percent even check this forum? And that question was overly hard, lost interest in it very quickly. So I will be one of the many with an incomplete set. Happy 15th to inno's The West.

Harriet Oleson

Another silly question for me but : if I write "Hi, my answer for this round is : " then the 10 words, that won't be counted as wrong because I put a small introduction in my message, right ?

Harriet Oleson

(In the end I've just posted my 10 words without any word of introduction, like that there's no doubt.

I asked because I was worried the team may use a script to check the answers for this round; or even without a script : they may want to count all words used in the message as part of the answer. But I might be overthinking this lol).

Caerdwyn

I still signed my message, as I have with all of them. I expect that will not add to my word count!

Nisa4414

(In the end I've just posted my 10 words without any word of introduction, like that there's no doubt.

I asked because I was worried the team may use a script to check the answers for this round; or even without a script : they may want to count all words used in the message as part of the answer. But I might be overthinking this lol).
I am pretty sure they check all answers manually

Harriet Oleson

Seems like it's for the questline "The best memory" : at some point there's a quest requiring to gather 10 of them. I don't know why we can find them before accepting the quest though (I'm personally not at this step, but I've already found some too).

Edit : It's maybe so everyone can get the baskets, which isn't a bad idea. But it would have been better if something was written in the announcement thread so it wouldn't be confusing. Actually, this new questline hasn't even been announced at all in the forum and isn't in .net wiki ...

Edit 2 : my bad, it was presented in the changelog 2.198 with other updates, but still without mentioning what were these baskets and how many we were supposed to get. Without any precision and with the quest appearing at half the questline, we could easily wonder if these questline could be a clicky one.

Last edited:

Abydos1

Seems like it's for the questline "The best memory" : at some point there's a quest requiring to gather 10 of them. I don't know why we can find them before accepting the quest though (I'm personally not at this step, but I've already found some too).

Edit : It's maybe so everyone can get the baskets, which isn't a bad idea. But it would have been better if something was written in the announcement thread so it wouldn't be confusing. Actually, this new questline hasn't even been announced at all in the forum and isn't in .net wiki ...

Edit 2 : my bad, it was presented in the changelog 2.198 with other updates, but still without mentioning what were these baskets and how many we were supposed to get. Without any precision and with the quest appearing at half the questline, we could easily wonder if these questline could be a clicky one.
It's innological...

knottsck

Round 8's real challenge is trying to remember when you started playing. I can't remember what the last challenge was without looking let alone when I started playing well over a decade ago.

WhyN0t

Do you really think anyone's checking? :))
It's impossible to know when you first started playing, especially since you probably used a different account then. And the event can be absolutely any event in this world, it's almost impossible for anyone to guess. Just attach a picture, it doesn't matter.

Caerdwyn

What would be MORE interesting is if they wanted your oldest ACTIVE character's start date, then charted all those numbers for us, so we could see the "generation" of players who follow the Forum and who are willing to do these contests.

knottsck

Do you really think anyone's checking? :))
It's impossible to know when you first started playing, especially since you probably used a different account then. And the event can be absolutely any event in this world, it's almost impossible for anyone to guess. Just attach a picture, it doesn't matter.
I have been using the same account since I first started. I've only been in World 10 and when that shut down I migrated to Colorado. I guess I'm just nostalgic, that and too many TBIs so my memory is s#!t.

knottsck

Round 9 is impossible to complete, there is no Maria in the picture only Maya, all languages are like this.
This has to be one of the worst screw-ups that have been made by Inno that after 15 years they don't know the characters that make up the introduction to quests and the beginning stage of the majority of questlines on The West.

Joe Kidd

The DE Forums are kicking up a lot of ruckus about Round VI. The main contention is verification of when the public beta actually started. The contest answer claims "The West is getting a public BETA server." was in 2009 but there is evidence that it started in April 2008. So the team there is re-evaluating Round VI and will respond this Monday. That team has already responded to all entries as well.

Personally, I found that finding info for the 2008, 2009, 2013, and 2015 answers was very vague. For instance, if you just used the forums here to research you'd find conflicting information on when the Theater began, etc.

I really hope in the spirit of the event that Round VI just becomes a gimme to all that attempted it. It was the most difficult of all the tasks to complete.