Share your memories about The West! - 15th Anniversary

gunner86

Lots of memories here many good but few sad ones too...

I still have good memories of my first town mates from w11 Mad Mexican, Urho, Rob Grim, Dizzy, Paylyn & Canufeelit (this nub is still here :'P). It was the time when chat system introduced and game became more fun.

I remember when fort battles introduced in The West and Helstromm led the first fort battle dug by our town in w11. I didnt get what I was doing in the whole battle :blink: and to be honest it took few months to understand how to play in battles.

Then there are many silly moments in the game when you take it personal, be it in duels or in fort battles but these silly moments keep you tied to The West.

Happy 15th Bday :lovetw:

Harriet Oleson

-> How have you experienced the past few years ?
I'm not here since a long time, I know the game of The West only since 2020. I've never known the oldest versions that older players still talk about with nostalgia. I only know the "race for the best set", the unbalanced situation of : FF, duels and every activity which requires a good set to have good results, the tombolas and the clicky events. To be honest, since I'm here I frequently want to leave : first when I saw the time this game seemed to require daily; then when I got ambushed without any other possibility than shutting my mouth (making me understand how imbalanced this game was), then after an event so busy it wasn't really human to play it ... And then with the new updates adding new extreme achievements and the new max level.

The thing is, I'm still here ... Maybe because I'm not here to compete in the first place : I didn't chose this game; I was invited by a player I knew from another game just to stay in touch (the other game was closing). In the end, this player left a long time ago and if I first stayed to keep in touch, now I'm still satying but more with the idea to end my own list of objectives than to compete with others. The problems mentioned above aren't real problems when it's like that. Or maybe it's because everything is easier now for me (and so : enjoyable) compared to when I first came : with time, I could learn a lot of things allowing me to have better results. With better gear won with lots of time and effort in events or bought with my free nuggets and bonds too, I can do much more things in the game now, all of them much easily. I'm even rather proud to have had big improvements in my toon results, little by little, just by dint of efforts to win what I won, to learn how this game worked. Most of the events are more "human" now for me too, cause I know how they work, so I can anticipate and better distribute my time on the game; not everything is repeatable too, so if the first year I had to do everything at once, the next year, there were only the few repeatable ones and the new questline. There are only the new max level and extreme achievements that keep bothering me cause they make the game with no end; and if no end, I think it's a bit meaningless to stay (whether we leave now or in 10 years, it will be the same). I try to not think too much about it and still try to reach my former goals in the game, whatever if I can't end anything other than that. Plus we never know : maybe with time all of this will feel more reachable than right now, like at first when I thought this game was unplayable, but then managed to find my own way of playing.

-> What changes have you enjoyed the most ?
I won't say one I enjoyed the most, but one I'm the most looking forward to : the change in the class characters ! I read in a foreign forum an official message saying Inno was thinking about that right now. And I'm very very curious to know how it will be, cause that's something I'm looking forward since a long time.

-> What achievements are you most proud of ?
I'll be able to answer this only when I reach some of my personal goals :p.

-> What are your most memorable moments ?
It was in adventures. No, just kidding. Or if it was "memorable" it was not in a very positive way lol.
For the positive ones, that might be in FF : I could talk about several special battles. Like the first one I joined : FF are rather impressive, with all the players gathered together playing collectively, the leaders who seem to have eyes everywhere and to be able to anticipate pretty well other moves. Or the first one where my toon was lead by an experimented leader : it wasn't the first time I received leaders instructions but my toon's stats were lame at that time and other leaders seemed to not know very well how to use it except by sacrificing it uselessly; I felt as if my toon was a trash pawn with them lol. With the experimented player, he knew pretty well how to handle my toon even though my stats were lame : he guided me with strategic moves, making it usefull and not trashy anymore. It was pretty instructive to learn how to play FF. I could also talk about some pretty fun battles, in one of them especially, where everything tended to tell we would lose : way less numerous, less HP, we were attacking so without the tower bonuses. But we still won, thanks to a very bold strategy of our leader and a pretty good teamwork. I surely could also talk about other stuff than only FF, but well, can't talk about everything.

That's all for me. Happy birthday The West !

Lazovic

Lembro-me de quando obtínhamos os melhores itens das caixas de aço nas batalhas, os melhores tempos.

Shooter Sam

I remember my wife "catching me" play The West. She didn't understand the whole idea of gaming. 10 years later, I am still playing The West, but no longer married.

maarten909

I used to play this game in 2012 with my brother, recently started again. i remember us being very competitive about what level we were and how much money we had haha. We also enjoyed building our town together and i personally LOVED doing fortfights. (Still do). There was this one time when i was on vacation in norway and i brought my laptop just so i could participate in fortfights every now and then.

Adige

It like this for me. I cant say I miss it but it was definetly its charm. The work hours like 2 hours for 24 Energy. You had to have right skill points to open particular work that you choose. Wow time fades quickly :D

knottsck

I've been playing for over a decade and started on World 10. I spent years there and when Inno announced that they would close it it was like losing an old friend. I had been communicating with other players in that world for years and with a world closing those close connections were feared to be lost. A few of us were steadfast until the very end, staying until the last moment to migrate, and all choosing to go to Colorado. Those that migrated well before World 10 closed set up a new town in Colorado with the same name as that in World 10 so we would all be able to meet up as each of us decided to migrate. It's funny how a game that is just a select a job and then spend 4 hours waiting while your character works can allow you to make meaningful friendships with people around the world.

View attachment 4581
Back in the day, vietnamese gang in Briscoe! And - the Yahoo!
Miss you guys!!! :( 13 years
we are a group of vietnamese who accidentally met in the game in 2009-2010 at the new server BRiscoe, people come to this game mainly based on the information that this game won the webgame award of 2008.
Then we built together, fought together and met friends with many different professions in life. At the end of 2022, when I came back, I went to look for my friends, and no one was playing this game anymore. very emotional, I tried to contact them in real life but more than 10 years have passed they seem to no longer use the old contact means like yahoo...
time flies!

WestAddict

Well, reminiscing brings back quite a few memories.
I guess the most significant thing was facing the unknown - when the mysteries in the game were real and we had to work things out and not given everything laid out for us.
Making the wrong choice and missing out on Hernando's sword when it really mattered, participating in money battles hoping to get a worthy chest and the third key (when it REALLY mattered). This game needs more of these things - things that you can't just buy with nuggets (= real money), but need to work hard to get and perhaps some luck ...

Ranger-Schwartz

I remember my first night here. And the first friends. Seems like a looong time ago. Late 2008. Everything was slow moving. worlds 5 & 9 to start. Eventually world 10 too. LTM1 was a metropolis. 40+ members like many cities Eventually BigWhiskey (the founder) let a couple of us found LTM2. This place was a quiet getaway from work and RL. Talking/meeting new folks from across the world in a game setting was really neat. Playing with people you knew in RL was even neater. But eventually that part went away. LTM died.....then LTM2. Eventually all that was left was me and a few others. Then it happend. Dueling...in all its rawness. It got the best of me. I was the first of the final 5 to go. I went into the ice. 8 years later during the 2019 Christmas event with all the frosty windows and gear timers.....I thawed myself. Been back ever since. The pandemic gave me a temporary mission. I wanted to use the new town I had to grow into 3. Eventually we did. I wanted our towns to be havens for lonely folks needing someone to connect & talk with. And man I met some amazing folks who already have left. All but one...he comes back from time to time...Dateshi. If youre reading this....love you, mate. I wanted to help this place. A few here since I came back have been very special to me. Not all are mentioned in my profile. Life got the best of me though....so that dream has since been iced for when i'm not working 80+ hours per week. Place is still special to me. Thank you for being here, west & west family.

DingleBerry Bunny

I remember building our first fort, trying to get the right amount of goods so no mats would be wasted. The first few defenses of our partially built fort were nerve-wracking and fun. Those were the best fort fights I've experienced and my best overall memory.

Roffo Snake

My two favorite games are The West and RDR2, I love how I can practice retail trading and watch how the game evolves, the politics and backroom deals, and the many other social games that go on along with just simply playing a game with a quest.

SamuraiRollo

My best memory about this game is about my new town members.
I played this game 10-15 years ago but i never got to far.
Recently i remebered about it and started playing again.
I was lucky to find a nice town with realy nice members and because of that in less then 30 days i learned allot about the game.
I'm now lvl 86 and dreaming for lvl 250.

Lily of the Valley

Ex-Team Member
Dear cowboys and cowgirls,

Thank you for sharing your best memories of playing this game. It is nice to see all your different experiences and see what you liked the most.
Of course, this can not go unrewarded!

@--*KILLER*--Bonuscode
@1BadwolfBonuscode
@9martynBonuscode
@aaaa11Bonuscode
@Abydos1Bonuscode
@AdigeBonuscode
@almostnoobBonuscode
@AtnightshowBonuscode
@AvallachCZBonuscode
@avenger69Bonuscode
@BarnstableBonuscode
@BeefmeisterBonuscode
@bootBonuscode
@CaerdwynBonuscode
150 Nuggets
@canufeelitBonuscode
@Clever HansBonuscode
150 Nuggets
@clog wogBonuscode
@cmichdBonuscode
@Crimson CassBonuscode
150 Nuggets
@Dan WorthyBonuscode
@DarkrBonuscode
150 Nuggets
@DingleBerry BunnyBonuscode
@DJCLEPHEDRONEBonuscode
150 Nuggets
@DoUzOsBonuscode
@Dr. DracoBonuscode
@DrAvalancheBonuscode
@Eric CartwrightBonuscode
@EtherealBonuscode
150 Nuggets
@Fargo WinchBonuscode
150 Nuggets
@GAGEORGEBonuscode
@gate 7 for everBonuscode
150 Nuggets
@GazozAgaciBonuscode
@GeronimoBonuscode
150 Nuggets
@Ghost BearBonuscode
@Glyn1503Bonuscode
@gunner86Bonuscode
@Hand SoloBonuscode
@HarrackaBonuscode
@Harriet OlesonBonuscode
@HelenBackBonuscode
@HoltBonuscode
@Huscarle.Bonuscode
@Joe KiddBonuscode
@jojokBonuscode
@Josiha StoneBonuscode
@JowryBonuscode
@JWillowBonuscode
@JytzenBonuscode
@KatsumotoBonuscode
@kenauBonuscode
@Kidd KalypsoBonuscode
@KnoetBonuscode
@knottsckBonuscode
@LauralBonuscode
@LazovicBonuscode
@LiketBonuscode
@lordofwouldhamBonuscode
One item of your choice from the creativity set
@lulumcnoobBonuscode
@LuxteddyBonuscode
@maarten909Bonuscode
150 Nuggets
@martoruBonuscode
@masterdegreBonuscode
@MatoriBonuscode
@maximusgrBonuscode
@McGregorBonuscode
@meatbagBonuscode
@Mrs Sam COltBonuscode
@Nisa4414Bonuscode
@NovaStarBonuscode
150 Nuggets
@OparoBonuscode
@PhebeBonuscode
@PrancingPurplePonyBonuscode
@Prljavi HariBonuscode
@ProtasovBonuscode
150 Nuggets
@ra1gBonuscode
@RaiderTrBonuscode
@Ranger-SchwartzBonuscode
@RavenberryBonuscode
@Restieze1Bonuscode
@ReyneBonuscode
@RIO-GRANDEBonuscode
@rndmBonuscode
@Roffo SnakeBonuscode
150 Nuggets
@roland jacobsBonuscode
@RyR2Bonuscode
150 Nuggets
@SamuraiRolloBonuscode
@SayGBieMyLuvBonuscode
@shadow-zdBonuscode
150 Nuggets
@sheep1Bonuscode
@ShellybellyBonuscode
@Shooter SamBonuscode
@Sorin Nik 7Bonuscode
@spankysmagicpianoBonuscode
@SUPERSKOUPIDIARISBonuscode
@SwedankzBonuscode
@Thomas365Bonuscode
@Tin Can 4everBonuscode
@TingsborgBonuscode
@TONYZTIGERBonuscode
@TortojclaBonuscode
@tutuceaBonuscode
@WestAddictBonuscode
@WeTikBonuscode
@Widespread PanicBonuscode
@WompomBonuscode

Congratulations!
You know the drill :)
To claim your reward(s) please send a supportticket!
You can claim these reward(s) till 01-07-2023 25.59.

Your The West Team

Last edited: