Share your memories about The West! - 15th Anniversary

Dan Worthy

What keeps bringing me back to this game is the flexibility it provides, unlike most other games. I live a busy life and can order my characters to work for hours on end without me having to constantly activly participate. When I have more spare time I can dual, do shorter jobs, participate in fort fights or negotiate with others, develop friendships or try making money on the market. The biggest changes I have seen in the game is more players enjoying fort fights for the sheer fun of fort fighting. Another positive change I’ve seen is the upgrades of equipment and more quests. Inno keeps activly requests Community input and they don’t get enough credit for that. If there were one change I’d like to see would be to be able to sell or reverse upgraded gear. It could be done with expensive cost involved to limit its economic effects in game play. But the ongoing innovations is what keeps me satisfied.

Laural

Share my memories...far too many to type. But, it was a game like NO OTHER right from the get go. The developers themselves were fresh and energetic about the creation and we got to experience the results of that energy. The best parts were the learning with others, founding towns, building shops and hoping for a precise winchester in the gunsmith. etc. So many players from so many real life places coming together and working together in a fun and unpredictable game set in circa 1869 USA West.
Happy Birthday The West! And cheers to y'all along for the ride as the years go by. :lovetw:

cmichd

When I got to 150 level. Took me longer (like 4 years) than some due to my work schedule. Proud moment in playing the West for me.

Swedankz

Was a early game joiner back in the days and went under the name Anarko not that i think that anyone remembers me tho haha
But i remember the joy when we finally solved the Golden guns secret quest.
Now im nostalgic lol

Ethereal

TW is a nice game to have on in the background, that on top of the (rl) friendships I've made over the past decade keeps me coming back. The PvP has pretty fun concepts too, please make it better. :confused:

almostnoob

I started playing The West when I was in the 8th grade, together with some classmates. (Romanian server) Although we did not know the game very well, the competition between us was very high. Later we went our separate ways in life and little by little the competition between us disappeared, as did the pleasure of playing this game. In high school I found among my colleagues, two perfect competitors. We played together on the same server for around 2 years. (Romanian server). After another break of several years, I played again for a period of several months (+6/7 months) on a Romanian server, Hawaii.

For the sake of the pleasant memories and the competition, my appetite for this game has been rekindled. So a few months ago I started playing Colorado.
I hope that on this occasion I will have new adventures that I will remember fondly and "nostalgically" in the future.

PrancingPurplePony

I first joined in June 2013, so approaching 10 year anniversary for me. Before that I played on three different games that I enjoyed very much, but all three shut down for various reasons. That was when I found the west and it's still here [despite it's faults] that is the most memorable thing to me.

Prljavi Hari

> building a town from scratch with only black cotton jacket & red shawl

> praying before finishing a building level in order to get precise items

> 0-mot dueling

> actually having to travel to a town's saloon in order to duel players - which led to camping parties

> the joy of obtaining Hernando's sword & Golden Tomahawk at their respective OP heights

I'm sure there's many, many more I can't remember straight away, but anyway, thought I should list some that popped in my head instantly - shout out to all W1 folk still out there roaming the prairies.

Barnstable

Difficult to say to be fair. On a fairly desolate world with not a lot of activity (Briscoe)

Still enjoy the game after all these years and great to see the level cap raised.

canufeelit

i miss the amazing things gaga (l8dygaga) used to do

my favourite is towards the end of golden gun stacking, the new at the time gg's sector bonus used to stack for players in that sector basically doubling your damage. gaga joins the battle as a level 1 with no gear throwing stones. she did over 5k damage and gained 5 levels.

#classicwestgangrepresent

Darkr

I remember the times when there were no sets and no overpowered items. Duels were mostly based on the tactic settings and luck. Belle stars derringer was not everywhere to be found and was also kinda expensive. Not to mention the Golden Weapons that were pretty hard to get. Those moments fulfilled my childhood :D. Things were simpler back then, not only in The West.
Keep going, TW Team, you're doing a good job!

Matori

Chatango chat for getting rank, the entire town leaving FF if someone wasn't ranked, and expectation for 3rd key from FF reward box.
Also, a moment when 3rd key drops after a couple of months.

stormtrooper

Ex-Team Member
Best moment of my adventure was the second IFBC. There were interesting and hard battles, fantastic and well trained players from all over the world.
It was a huge honor to say goodbye to the server as a member of the winning Hungarian team.

Last but not least greetings to all of you, especially the IFBC veterans! :lovetw:

Oparo

Well, I remember that I played the west more than ten years ago. It was actually the first game I played. And I chose Dueller has I always did since now ! :)

9martyn

The best memories are associated with fort figts. This is a very interesting and deep PvP activity, with unique concept and huge level of cooperation, especially for a browser game

WeTik

Best memory´s I have is from 2008-2010 when am little kid (11y.o.) and I with my younger brother play The-West with our dad. He show us this awesome game and we play TW every day. Remember how fast I run from school to home because i need to set some jobs for next hours because I need some items for quests. Any market any new sets any boost just pure old hard game with max lvl 90 i mean :) We all remember that good old timest with our dad, our first computer and Windows Vista :D good old times .... Now am only one from family, who is still here on The West :)