Share your memories about The West! - 15th Anniversary

Abydos1

Why I like the west well it is because it is a nice simple game that doesn't take too much to run and play on pretty much any computer. Yeah, some say the interface is outdated but I think that is part of the charm in a day and age where other games go with complicated and resource intensive engines that can only be played on the latest and greatest hardware. Also if you were wondering why I am still playing after almost 10 years (my anniversary is coming up in the middle of May) well it is because of the great loyal player base that still comes around to partake in the various activities this game has to offer of which fort battling is prolly the most addicting by far though I do also enjoy chatting and helping my townies and friends along the way...Santa Aby is what I am known as to those I help since I usually give stuff away at cost and make deals to get stuff that they need especially around the Christmas sale. One more thing...can you please finally reveal the games in the forum? A lot of new friends have been made from playing them...thanks and best of luck.

spankysmagicpiano

Just checked my mail from way back.

22 Sept 2008, 15:40
Howdy spankysmagicpiano,
Welcome to The West. Please click on the following link to activate your account:
World: World 1

It's been a long time.
I remember signing up, I'd just quit Tribal Wars and I knew anything from Inno would be quality and I wasn't wrong.
It was tough going at the start as it was a new game....finding the best clothing combinations, solving the puzzles / quests but I got there in the end.
Biggest changes for me were the auto best outfit combinations and crafting.

I made some awesome online friends on World 1 and although we migrated to a new world...it's never been quite the same as the original pioneer feeling.

Long live The West!

Knoet

Since I am a newer player I have no memories going back as far as some of you all. But I joined from Tribal Wars 2 and was looking for a more chill and relax game to casually play. When I first started I was really sceptic about the game, not sure if this was the right game for me. But after my first ff I was sold to the game.

HelenBack

When I first joined the West, many many years ago... W8 was just opening. Some friends from another game asked me to join them here in W7. I didn't for a long time, but they persisted. So I finally signed up and told them I'd only have time to play one world part time...

Well... I have played ALL worlds... and a wee bit more than part time. Sleep? Wassat? lol :-D

In W1, I remember someone telling me to stay away from the County with The Shadow City in it because I'd likely be dueled a lot... Well of course that just made me curious so I went to visit. lol I wound up becoming friends with a lot of the players from there over the years. It's surprising how many friends I found by dueling or being dueled. :-))

In W11, I dueled someone a few times and he had a "Good, Bad or Ugly" list on his profile... He put me on his "Bad or Ugly" list... Until I chatted with him. I wound up on his "Good" list. :)

Hmm... Other things that I remember.... NO PANTS!!! :-D:-D

I also remember being part of a town with our dear Father Jack as a founder... And we'd never know if we'd log in to find ourselves tossed out of town... with an invite to come back... or not. lol Dang it Jack, I miss you! Drinnnnnnnk!!! :lol:

My cousin joined the game for a while... She joined the "other side" in W9... So I started charging at her during battles. Also, we were in the same alliance in W10 but in opposing alliances in W9... We were chatting in W10 with some other alliance members while I was dueling her in W9... Then just before the 3rd duel in W9, I said in W10 chat... "Um have you checked W9 lately?" to which she said, "OH NO YOU DIDN'T!!!"... then a brief pause.... And she returned yelling "AKKK YOU BIG MEANIE POO POO HEAD!!!* :lol: Yes, my dear CBug... Luv you! She pops on for a visit once in a while. lol

All in all... It's really all the people that I have met through this game that makes it so special to me. I've met so many people from all over the world. Absolutely glad I had finally relented and joined this game so many years ago. The people who brought me here are long gone, but I will always remember them. Luv you guys! :-)):up:

There are so many wonderful people that are still playing this game for so many years... And some who have gone... Some left the game... Some left the real world. I miss you all. <3

I haven't found another game that has the same opportunity to be able to work together and build a great sense of community while still being able to "slack" and do other things outside of the game without your whole world(s) falling apart. Most of that is from having great friends who are there to help support each other and help new players build up to become great supporters themselves.

Oh ya... *GROUP RUMGLOMPLES!!!* :lol:

I'm still waiting on a Glomp Set. lol
:up:

:lovetw:

Geronimo

Probably not my favorite memory, but back then in 2008 or 2009 when I was just a little kid I joined a random town on The-West. After a while, the founder of the town promoted me to councillor and I felt like I am on top of the world already... Not to mention the moment when I got promoted to black hat, I even went to my dad and told him about that.

jojok

20009 at W9 Heavy competition between Chinese and Iranian players . We have all talking record of thats time(1902 Pages) in a persian froum and im read them now and lots of memories im remembered !!
At that time, Chinese players had free access to the Internet !!

maximusgr

Remember world 1 , my character varavas dueler and trying figure out what about duel setting . Had met a greek guy and we get duel all the time . We did maths and calculations how we put the skills and attitudes ... I had het knocked out one time and lost 12k then and i chase that guy all time .

Jowry

I remember joining the alliance Revolution at Briscoe somewhere in 2012. They (we) were struggling against another alliance, that owned almost every fort. We tried and tried and tried, but failed everytime to conquer a fort. Until we attacked "The Love Shack"-fort. We were outnumbered big time and were clamping to the east wall. Just waiting to get overrun .... again. All of a sudden a gap opened in their defense and along with another adventurer, I rushed to the flag. My fellow adventurer passed out along the way, but I made it to the flag. Surrounded by blues and praying for no ghost failures, I luckily survived the needed 5 rounds, with about 500hp left. It was our first fort, lots of others were conquered after that. It was a hell of a night! With special thanks to our leader back then, DurtyDave!

DoUzOs

2 things stand out very clearly to me:

The late-night Skype calls back in 2010, when I played FFs with people I never got to meet IRL but were very dear friends to me.
And all the friendships I currently have, both IRL and in-game with people from all over the world.

This game will always have its downs and lows, but the memories will forever live in my heart.

Happy birthday to the best Western game ever!

rndm

Even despite the fact i play since old map, my happiest moment in this game happened just few weeks ago when you preferred to unban your fellow mod instantly and let normal players suffer for something many of them didn't even intend on doing so, very eyes opening on whats going on in here, thanks!

Now jokes aside, even tho non of that was joke, the second best memory of mine is going back to year when forts where released and despite the fact it was completely new feature in game, people were smart enough to listen to the one chosen guy that were leading them to the victory in 17 vs 37 situation, all because of the perfect movement, which you can't do anymore today with nobody here xd

Liket

Very hard to specify but most of them came before the sets and crazy ****s we have today when nuggeting for premium was mostly the only thing that was possible.
When you spend weeks farming for the golden gun / sabre/pistol and people were kissing your shoes onnce you had them. No church building just plain old school vanilla even before fortfights was the real deal. :D

AvallachCZ

My all best memories are from beginning of CZ10 - Arizona. With a couple of friends we were able to create alliance that lasted multiple years and dominate that world. None known us, we had no connection and still we were able to achieve it. Also overcrowded ff were a usual in these times.

Dr. Draco

Actually I am a returned player. I used to play this game in 2011-12 period. Quit then for the career goal. Now returned to this game a couple of months ago, because of some nostalgia.

So if u asked me about experience in the past years, then I would say "sorry, I was not playing this game in the past years. I just returned couple of months ago :)"

I think the version of the game which I used to play in the past was version-1. And if my memory is correct, there was only one job per location. I mean, now if u clicked on a jobs site 6 job icons are popped up. I think it was not like this in the past. it was, one job per site. Also, now there are so many new jobs, new set items etc. And these are the changes which i enjoyed the most.

I got a few wonderful game-buddies from different parts of the world. I see that as a wonderful achievement. In the past, it wasn't like this for me. Actually in my "past-playing period", I was actually a college student then. One of my college friends suggested me this game, and there was about a dozen of my classmates playing this game. We had a town of our own, and we interacted mostly with each other, and very less with outsiders.

And for memories, my home doesn't had internet during my college days. So I highly relied upon the college internet to play this game. Assigned jobs and duels during the break time, computer lab hours, library time etc; fooling teachers and librarian.. :) Few of my friends also doesn't had internet at home, so they also were there to assign the jobs.. Sometimes there was queue to assign jobs, sometimes there was quarrel for breaking the queue or for taking too much time etc etc.. :D It was fun actually.. :) Also more fun, when your friends are doing the same, sitting around you.. wonderful days of my life, with some wonderful friends, and a wonderful game.. :) Good old days.. :)

Huscarle.

Well, i played this a long time ago, i thing it was in the period of 2009-2010 and 2011-2012, i remember in my first playthrough i choose the duelist class and distribute all my skill points in construction cause i think that it was a good idea build my own town at level 23, so, i make my own town but then a new city was created near to my town, in a week i was making a "me versus another 30 players of the neightboor town".

My memories of the early years were catching time around work to play as often as possible.
Al Sweargens belt was a quest I set muhself and could never achieve no matter how many graves I robbed.Eventually it became as cheap as Maya and I succeded.
I roped in a few workmates to play and we tussled a bit and worked our way through it.
After retirement ,I was able to have all the time I needed on the WEST and met many new friends fer a chat and a quest question every now and then.
Ares Vengaza was a great adversary until he sadly passed .He was missed by many ,Friend and Foe.
So much enjoyment in my last 12 years of retirement and I hope to continue ,God Willing until I head fer that last roundup
God Bless the West
Adios and awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :) o/

DeletedUser15368

I also remember being part of a town with our dear Father Jack as a founder... And we'd never know if we'd log in to find ourselves tossed out of town... with an invite to come back... or not. lol Dang it Jack, I miss you! Drinnnnnnnk!!! :lol:
You could usually tell what kind of a day it would be from whether you got a "drinnnnnnnk" or a "feck off" as a hello <3

meatbag

Happy birthday TW! Happiest memory was finding how to FF the right way, finally logging over 100 dodges only to find out that it was pure luck and getting totally destroyed the next battle. Quite funny. One day I will figure it all out.
Thanks TW!

I joined in World 12 late 2011 on the nostalgia of westerns and reading Stephen Kings The Dark Tower (roland is main char and someone had roland deschain already) enjoyed the challenge of choosing a path, struggling to get belle star's, wanting younger's, and deciding the timing to get the 3rd key and get the golden gun. I enjoyed effort of the in-game quests, or painfully reskilling, to get items that were game-changers for dueling and fort fighting. The saloon being active 24/7 with chats, and could tell when a dueler entered the county. Oh, and the poker while the char worked on 2 hour jobs was really fun!

At times, I played 3 game worlds so I could experience different styles of gaming. Starting a new char was not bad because the best gear was attainable from quests or shops. (If only I had not migrated my char away from Colorado *sigh*)

What are your most memorable moments?
When I met russell218 and established a game friendship. He was the mentor that kept me playing the game and gave advice for builds and quests. Later, Malomorgen, Huckleberry23, the Thortons were other examples of how to play the game and be community focused.

Most memorable CM interaction: in late 2013, I was on my phone and setting 4 sleeps. I accidentally clicked the premium nugget automation pop-up. I let my char sleep as I had intended, and opened a ticket for the wild chance the CM would refund my tokens. Much to my surprise, the CM refunded the tokens. (rip Desi Boukerse) That was awesome for a player that didn't have enough to go premium and had to selectively use nuggets on rare occasions. That's a shining example of a CM role - for the players.

As for anything recent?
:blink::oh::no: