Share your memories about The West! - 15th Anniversary

I remember the Dust Devils and Dust Devils 2. I remember David Thornton and his wife Lorraine. I remember Electric Koolaid, and miss Madame Duck a lot. I remember getting so mad about getting dueled, like my toon was my real life. I remember Dissembler. I remember when The West was a little more civil and miss those days too.

Wompom

I remember building up a town stats by all of us dueling other towns. The town I belonged to was called 'The Bloody Path" and from memory we could only duel by going to oyher towns and there were no trowsers to be had best dueling weapon Hernandos Sword. Fort fights had only just started.

JWillow

I remember a time that I thought ranking was something to try for before someone exploited the barrel KO over 4 month period to get unrealistic amount of KOs that lead to a forever reminder of what some players are willing to do push their rank unfairly.

Though will say that unfair play did lead to focusing on fort battles, which were fun at times till level increase.

Also Hr.Nyborg time was interesting and brought a time of hope, even if very brief.

Here is to hoping that good things are coming as that would be a welcome change.

Happy birthday

Mrs Sam COlt

I signed up from Tribal Wars on Day #1. I have several memories of the early days:

1) Duels were done by going to the town of the player to be dueled, and then dueling him from the town, no matter where he was on the map. Then you could run into the Hotel and not be counter-dueled. You got 1/2 of the losers money if you won.
2) There was a poker game instead fo the Adventurer Game, The cheating was huge, as players used Skype to communicate outside the game to fleece the suckers.
3) The INNO devs introduced NPCs into the game that anyone could duel. I guess the devs got bored, because they would sometimes dress the NPCs in clothing and weapons with huge skills and attribs (2000 aim, 3000 dodge, 900 damage).
4) The top skill level was 70, then 120. Duel level always went up with every victory, never down.
5) The Golden Colt, Golden Saber, and Golden Gun were introduced as the UBER weapons to have. The quest to get them was kept secret, and revealing it to another player could get you banned. It took 3 months to figure out the quests. The Golden Gun was a deciding factor in Fort Fights due to its sector bonus for towers, and multiple Golden Guns stacked the bonus' for that sector. Shame that the devs have let the Golden weapons become mediocre for duels and fort battles. They should remedy that.
6) The devs kept changing the algo for dueling. At one time, you could load up your resistance skills and never have more than 30-80 damage in a duel. I was once gang dueled, in the same few minutes, by 7 players, KO'd them all, and survived thanks to high resistance. That does not work anymore. I also lost a duel with the Golden Colt to a Bugle 0-0.
7) A Fort FIght got you a drop of a clothing item or weapon. Shame that is not enabled currently. It would cure the apathy in many worlds for showing up to a Fort Fight.

Reyne

How on earth can one limit it to just one good memory? There are a lot of them. I love the whole Western theme. I remember when fort battles were introduced, then alliances, and crafting.

I think alliances did more for the game than any other thing because it gave us the ability to communicate, to create a group of like-minded individuals with a common goal. I know everyone remembers how the world was before .V2. I tried one of the nostalgia worlds once and I can't imagine going back to it, although I do remember it with fondness.

The personalities - some you loved, some ..not so much, but they all made the game what it is. :)

I like the addition of clothing (pants!). LOL

And I'll never forget the camaraderie of the folks in the months and days before the closure of W1. I think this is the thing about the entire game that's kept it going and made it work - it's the people you've met along the way. Some are no longer with us, sadly, but perhaps they had an impact on your game, and you looked forward to logging in to see what they're up to. It's what draws me still.

Happy Birthday, The West!

Tortojcla

No pants, belts. Doing whatever you can just to unlock a new job and obtain the Belle Starr Deringer. Having something fancier was only a dream, but there was a quest which gave you Wyatt Earp, the most legendary firearm at the time. The medal display under the account image was something to be proud of until we received these new achievements. Best of all memories comes from a time where premium could do so little for you, but your experience and skill could do a lot. Also, don't forget that Hall of fame, where many have entered, first at level 60 and then higher, I wonder when will we see the first one to enter level 250. I wish all of you nice rewards and better memories in the future, but even better future.

DeletedUser15368

Early Days W9
I remember when I first joined the game, as a total newbie. I had no idea what I was doing or where to go. I picked Worker and quested aimlessly for a while until I got a telegram one day from the founder of a small town that was in need of workers. They welcomed me with open arms and I was happy to help them build their town.
As a worker, I spent long hours gathering money, building town structures, and helping with whatever was needed. It guess it was then that I realised the game is about being a part of something bigger than myself.

One day, while I was out collecting money, I was challenged to a duel by a player from a town called Craggy Island. I was skilled in building at that time, so I quickly found out that I didn't have the right equipment or skills for duels.
I was defeated in that first ever duel and knocked unconscious - lost all my money. It was a humbling experience, but it apparently lit a fire in me to become better. I knew I had to at least upgrade my gear if I wanted to be a competitive player.
I decided to visit the shops in the town I was helping to build and found some great duelling clothes. They were expensive, but I knew they would help me in the long run. I also re-skilled my character to be a better dueller.

The KO ended and I was ready to face my opponent again. This time, I was confident and ready. I travelled to the Craggy Island saloon, and set the duel. I remember the the duel being intense. But in the end, I emerged victorious. I had knocked out the player who had defeated me before, and I got my first ever "fan mail", became friends with the player.

I had gone from a clueless worker to knocking out a skilled dueller. I knew there were many exciting challenges ahead, like the town full of players from Greece that the entire sector united against to declare war on, forming an alliance with Craggy Island, eventually joining the MC and beating up the SSF. I was proud to be a part of my town and the game community.

First Fort Battles
I lead, and lost, one of the first ever fort battles, on W9. The walls and towers didn't even have any bonuses yet, so the meta strategy at the time was to bail inside immediately on defence - while the attackers tried to mount the full fort at the same time to simply have a shootout.

Prime Time
The best days of the game for me were undoubtedly during W15.

After W9 I pretty much stuck with the Craggy Island crew and when the time came, I was invited to join a new world called Colorado, to a town called Nuns on the Rum, where we were determined to build our new town the fastest, which we did, It was an amazing accomplishment and a testament to the power of teamwork and determination and drunken priests.

One of the highlights of my time in Colorado was seeing the greats leading fort battles and alliances. I became quite skilled at it myself and during the prime days of World Users, we won many battles in some of the most difficult and competitive conditions in the game.

Looking back on those days, I realize that it was the friendships are what made the game so special. We may have been from different parts of the world, with different backgrounds and cultures, but we were all united by our love of the game and our desire to build something great together.

Best Changes
Fort Battles and Crafting were game-changers, but my favourite change that has ever been made was actually accidental - when a bug was introduced that meant players couldn't sleep in a hotel. I was a dueller - this was a fun day.

"how have you experienced the past few years?"
Is that really a question that you'd want the answer to?

Regretfully

Joe Kidd

It was almost midnight Christmas Eve 2009 and I was relaxing after the family was all asleep. I was searching for an old west themed game online (I love old west movies and books) and found The West! I was hooked immediately from that late, quiet holiday evening and have played in some way ever since. My fondest memory was finding my first town to join on World 11: Dead Mans Hand run by my mentor for the game Wild Fred. I was lucky to find that town and the people in it. They taught me a lot and were very cool people. I knew I had to play an Adventurer and to this day that is still my favorite class. I also loved the old avatar selections and I immediately loved this one:

Indian.jpg

I'm glad I got to experience The West V1 and the beginnings of fort fighting. I had no idea was I was doing with that first toon, but I loved stumbling around and making all the mistakes. I miss those beginning days but I still try to find a glimmer of the excitement I once had every time I log in.

Luxteddy

Well, My Best experience was playing this game for the first time with my friends during the middle school. our first fort battle, we all like charlatan set, very nostalgic feeling. Now I just return and its the 15th birthday. so, Happy Birthday My nostalgic game. Thank you for giving me a good childhood :)

Clever Hans

I still remember my first days at TW when my brother and I joined a little town on the prairie back on w10. Back then, the server was flooded by the players (regular worlds had 40k+ players) and our relatively small alliance was focused on quests and wasn't that active in PvP modes of play. Regardless, it was a great learning experience and we had a great mentor in our founder Olga. Slowly, I got engaged more and more in PvP, first with duels and later on also with battles. The rest is history.

Several years later, with some longer breaks from the game, I am still here and while many of my ingame friends and vets have quit in the meantime, I still carry fond memories from our time together. This game has a great potential and with some tweaks and more dev work, it can easily bring new players and still stay relevant for many years to come.

Katsumoto

Probably 15 years ago, I was bored one day and I was looking for which game to play. After trying many browser-based games in the same day in a row, I suddenly came across "The West". The first day I started, I think I played 3 days without sleep. The gameplay of West has always been fun, so even though I had to leave it from time to time due to the obligations related to life, when I look back 15 years later, I see that it is the onliest game that I open an account for every 3-4 years. Thanks to everyone involved.

martoru

start playing the game 15 years ago.. was nice exiting till one day when forts apear on map :)))
i leave the game and start playing diferent games, usualy one yea every game..but something make me always remember the west

after 13 years of diferent games i came back, noe ff not look so boring :))),.. and evan broke my rule one game one year...

martoru

start playing the game 15 years ago.. was nice exiting till one day when forts apear on map :)))
i leave the game and start playing diferent games, usualy one yea every game..but something make me always remember the west

after 13 years of diferent games i came back, noe ff not look so boring :))),.. and evan broke my rule one game one year...
p.s. give me the code

shadow-zd

my 1st "shiny" after push ff - we spend about 2m cash for it and receive a [item=34000] long long time ago

Atnightshow

The best memory it was back in 2014 when a good friend show me the game,after that i completely love it i was a good dueller back in those days.

Crimson Cass

I used to play the game for a few years since the beginning of it. I was tired of Travian game and was looking for something else and since I always liked the wild west, that was a perfect game to spend countless of hours on. Building a char, reskilling, specialized for the fort battles eventually. Really sweet memories of some epic battles. Back then I used my usual game nickname "Alex Con". But then life happened, job and stuff and I had far less time to play. Now I work in a small indy gaming studio, so playing our games is part of my job and when having time, looking for games I used to play, so I saw a colleague of mine frantically clicking on his mouse with images that looked really familiar and I would recognize them any day even from afar. So I quickly searched for the game, created a new account, and started a journey on this new server, this time as an Adventurer type. Many years passed, so I need to catch up with lots of things but everything is coming back slowly. And I have to admit, I still love to play this game.

Happy 15th Anniversary! :)