Share your memories about The West! - 15th Anniversary

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
15_b_day_yield2.png
Dear Cowboys and Cowgirls!

Today, on 30th April
The West celebrates its 15th Birthday! First and foremost, we would like to thank everyone for their commitment to the game, especially those who have been spending their time online at The West for so many years, even since the first days after its launch in 2008. We think this is a great opportunity to recall the most significant moments and exciting experiences of the past 15 years.

item_53338.png

Describe your memories of The West, how have you experienced the past few years? What changes have you enjoyed the most? What achievements are you most proud of? What are your most memorable moments? Anything related to the game that you would like to share, now it is the time! Share your story as a Cowboy or Cowgirl!

You can also participate in the discussion and reflect on others' memories!

Prizes:

• Everyone who meaningfully participates in the conversation is guaranteed a bonus code to win one of the following items: 25-100 Bonds, Canned spinach, Premium Medals, Buffs, Chests (Fancy, Unique, Premium), Fortune cookie, 3 day or 14 day VIP bonus.
  • The comment of the player with the most likes wins: One item of your choice from the creativity set.
  • In addition, 15x150 Nuggets will be randomly drawn from all participants.

Deadline: 2023-05-21 23:59

Submit the answers in this thread as comments.

Please note that this thread is more about positive experiences and nostalgia, and the general contest rules apply. Meaningful participation requires a well written comment, which has at least 1-2 lines and is connected with the player's memories of The West.

Have a great celebration,
Team The West

Caerdwyn

I really like the Crafting Mini-Events. Anything that requires sharing your skills with others, and receiving their aid in return is good for drawing the community together. Cakes giving an Achievement (with bonds) makes the time invested worthwhile. No matter what time of year they arrive, new players at my town get offered a set of four as a house-warming gift!

-Caerdwyn
en19.net (Fairbanks)

lordofwouldham

the best memory's i have of this game is how the first time i joined a town was the best thing i did. i got loads of help with gear and advise and got into fort battles with help from town members. as i have learnt alot from this point i try to help new players to get the best from the game. i have managed to get alot of friends from all over the world and if it was not for this game may not have know so many nice people

Jytzen

The only thing I remember from very early, 2008 I guess, was when we heard about the forts to come, we looked very much forvard to that, but actually in the years to come every change was welcome, crafting very welcome..... I still know a few players from back then :)

Nisa4414

My first experience with The West was in 2009, if I remember correctly. When I began playing I found the whole idea of clothes and jobs to be a rather interesting and unique. I believe I managed to get to level 65 (which took a lot of time with 2 hour jobs and 8 hour proper sleep and no buffs or regeneration sets). At that point I felt like I wasn't having any progress and the game was too slow (there were no forts). I was also very interested in another game, which became very popular later on. So it was time for me to go.

Several years later, I remembered about this game and I thought I would give it another try. So, I tried to login with my usual username of 'Nisa'. Then, I realised that I was actually 'Nisa4414' here (as there was another apparantly well-known player called Nisa that I had no idea about at the time). So, I managed to login, played for a few hours and got banned for trying to log in to another user's account. I mean... seriously...?! I haven't played the game for several years and you expected me to remember my login and password from the first try! The issue was solved relatively quickly, but it was clear to me from that point on that you get banned here way too easily, and making any purchases became a no-no for me. I was actually so impacted by this, that I have only played for a few days and decided not to continue, as I felt like I can lose all game progress at any moment for no reason.

This year I remembered about the game again. The game hasn't changed much since the last time I played, however, a lot of new sets were added. The last set I remembered was Freeman's. Everyone wanted it! Now - no one. Actually, the sets were slowly becoming better and better over the years to the point that now they are all you need. Your skills and attributes are secondary. It wasn't like this in 2009: it was the opposite. I guess, this change makes the game more exciting, and let's be honest, all games that survived 10+ years had some kind of in-game inflation in them. So, it is not that surprising :) but I thought I would see more substantial changes like the addition of forts battles many years ago.

Anyway, here I am now. I am very glad that we now have 15s jobs that allow you actually to play the game, if you want to spend some time on it. There are many friendly players around which is great to see! I still hope the end-game had more variety to it. Let's see which level I can achieve this time around :)

Happy 15th birthday! =)

RIO-GRANDE

""Come to play a new game"" somewhere at 08 tell me a friend of mine as we play together TRibal wars the other Inno game ...I open i see green valeys some rivers and almost nothing .. passing days weeks to understand to do something to this ..THANKs for THE Memories !!!!!!

warra48

Happy 15th birthday.
I enjoy crafting, quests, and the special events.
I don't choose to engage in duels unless needed as part of a quest, but realise they are part of the game.
Because of my location in Australia, I generally only do fort fights as an absentee.
The increase in level beyond 150 has given the game more incentive to play.

--*KILLER*--

My memory goes back to the time when there was no market and to buy clothes we had to go to another city and we had to give that city the right to buy, for example $250. I waited for two days for the owner of that town to come online to tell me how much the purchase cost :-D

NovaStar

OH WOW! Where to begin? :D I remember the first fort fight and it was so fun! I even led a few in the early days and it was a wild experience. Town and alliance chats, that was super! Most of all, the market. Although I do kinda miss getting "town passes"...but not too badly. Market was a whole new ballgame. I was primarily a dueler, so building my own sets from town shops was great. Building and dueling with more skill than gear was fantastic! I so enjoyed creating sets to duel, ff or whatever...

aaaa11

This has been a great game to spend my idle time. I enjoy the FF the most and have started participating from level 30, having crit and doing 2k-5k per shot has been a great pleasure :lol: dueling can be exciting when I am finally able to hit back.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
THAT battle that comes one in 100 when it's round 50, one defending adventurer on flag with low hp and the attackers storming the fort but won't be able to kill all. When everyone online is praying together for a perfect ghost (or a ghost fail for attackers), the tension that you in this moment share with people all over the world. And the timer ticks down 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1....0 and the only thing you look for is the colour of the flag, because that is the quickest way to know who won. Is it red or is it blue?

ra1g

image-min.png
I remember not having Ghost Town unlocked back in 2013, and i couldnt figure out why. Turns out, you had to complete Save the Saloon part 2 for it to show and since then, every time i start a new world, i do the questline before anything else :-D

Also the screenshot shows you the game didnt change at all in almost 10 years, and yet here we still are

Ghost Bear

After a childhood of watching westerns with my father, I found that much of my play had a western theme. I still enjoy watching westerns and one of the novels I have written is set in the historical West. It has been a pleasant pastime to play the game "the West." I often chuckle at the bandit names that are plays on the names of famous historical and fictional characters. I especially enjoy that the game forces me to make decisions that influence the storyline of the quests. I choose according the character I have created for my avatar in that world, instead of how I would choose for myself. I am not much into the fort battles, but I understand that they are the main reason why many people continue to play after reaching the highest level. It is a testament to the West that it is the only online game that I can play for free that I have spent real world money on. The recent expansion of the worlds to beyond level 150 was a welcomed addition. Keep up the good work, Team. Happy trails to us all!