Feedback 15th Birthday Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
@Syntex this is just my humble opinion, but to avoid this type of dialogue in the future I recommend not advertising an exclusive speed event for an important occasion like the game's 15th anniversary without having all the collateral ready for all aspects of the occasion.

When you just announce a "speed event" for an occasion as unique as the 15th anniversary of the game and, in the same post, mention no other aspect to what may happen, you cannot begrudge some players voicing their concerns. It would also take away the extra work of you having to review those inevitable concerns and then refute them or invite the need to threaten punishments to curb the discussion.

I realize the team is overwhelmed. I don't think the team hasn’t been overwhelmed sine 2012. Yet, simple considerations like I'm mentioning might be feasible and also would help actually excite the community versus antagonizing and confusing them.
I agree with you, we could have said that more will follow. But still, there is a possibility to ask nicely and respectfully if we plan to have other things, like special bonuses. Like: Hey Syntex, on DE they announced special bonuses, will we also have it on EN? Btw, we should be suppose to announce that on Friday ideally, so we are still early for it.

Thunderaz

Would love to get my hands on a Gringo weapon but don't have that much time this weekend to go for exp! Good luck to all the participants!

asdf124

I agree with you, we could have said that more will follow. But still, there is a possibility to ask nicely and respectfully if we plan to have other things, like special bonuses. Like: Hey Syntex, on DE they announced special bonuses, will we also have it on EN? Btw, we should be suppose to announce that on Friday ideally, so we are still early for it.
Can we please have the speed bonuses on normal worlds, you can just say it was an accident..... Pretty please?

DeletedUser15368

When do we actually play The-West though?

Tombolas, multiple clicky events, multiple speed servers for Gringo gear - but theres never just a stretch of time where we can play The formerly award winning game as it was.

Where is Classic?

Syntex, you were asked about this last year, and gave us nothing. If you want respect, you do have to earn it. We had in-game bonuses or premium medals for years until the "event team" came along and started limiting to "win a competition" or "open a new char in a new world". There are thousands* of in-game players that won't join the speed event and actively participate. You ignore these players and have the audacity to ask for respect?

*well, maybe not thousands at this point, but every speed server i've peeked at has hundreds of chars that are barely above level 40, and most just don't do anything past that point. maybe 200 slightly active participants in speed worlds?

Last edited:

Clever Hans

Well, Roland is right. There was an exactly same discussion like this already last year and we didn't get any special bonuses and login rewards back then. Glad to hear that this will be reintroduced again.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
Guys, last year we could not have bonuses on International because it was a bug with our tool which was present only at us because there are a lot of players from different time zones. As you can see here was performed the first test after the bugfix. Since then we have the same bonuses as on other markets. These bonuses and/or premium medals for special occasions for everyone are defined by InnoGames for all markets, so if one markets gets it, all get it.

The local Speed events and local contests (like Awesomia battles, forum contests) are organized by our event team.

panos-the-best

Premium is inactive apart from Automation. What about the quests that give you premium apart from the automation one ?(more energy, higher income)

FunnyGirl

This AIN'T funny..

Unfortunately these events are just a contest of whoever clicks faster and stays longer on computer. I see the same players on top for every event. There is not even a single mechanism able to check if more players are using the same pc just to boost the character or not. This cannot be done in any way. So some players are able to play 24 hours of 15 second jobs?
I was wondering if there is a smarter way to implement such events. First, to attract more people. When you have a party you don't want it with only 10 people. You want many and fun! Now the server is booked by only few people and the competition for 1st place is already won.
My idea:
- limit the total time of added 15 second jobs to (for example) 4h per day;
- limit the total time of added 10 minutes jobs to (for example) 6h per day;
- rest should be 1h jobs, adventures, FFs,..

What is the point of giving gift to place 15? Instead, you could give 1 item from Gringo to first 50 places, for example.

Clever Hans

Exactly, it doesn't require any skill to win experience ranking in such short events. It's promoting an unhealthy lifestyle, cheating and all of that for winning Gringo items which are not even that rare anymore thanks to speed events every month. Just ditch the speed worlds and improve the gaming experience in the regular ones. Anything lasting for less than a year is not worth the time and effort.

asdf124

Exactly, it doesn't require any skill to win experience ranking in such short events. It's promoting an unhealthy lifestyle, cheating and all of that for winning Gringo items which are not even that rare anymore thanks to speed events every month. Just ditch the speed worlds and improve the gaming experience in the regular ones. Anything lasting for less than a year is not worth the time and effort.
I have easily went for first places in the first 16 hours in other speed worlds, anything beyond that is asking for an unhealthy lifestyle which is why I haven't participated in any of em ever again.

Unhealthy for the game and the players, something that I have always condoned. It shouldn't be promoted, nor is it an ethical contest to promote.

Guess having an Israeli belt, I shouldn't expect any ethics from this German company.

sheep1

Hi and sorry for my late feedback on this event.

First of all i want to say gongratz to all the players that they won at each category.. enjoy it guys well done with all the respect :)
Secondly I want to apologize for those who got offented by my beefy comments on the chat during the event (especially those who were doing duells :p ) nothing personal guys i really enjoyed to play against you well done for your effort no matter what you did and what duelling possition you achieved.

I want to comment about the duelling category prizes... its a little bit unfair because if you compare it with the xp category the first 3 players based on xp ranking they won a prize while in duelling the first 3 players with the most wins not the possition on the ranking list. There were two players between 60-70 levels who could see much more players to duel while on the same time for example in our level 160++ there were times which everybody were koed and we didnt have 6 or more targets to do duels in order to keep the winning race.. You need to be a bit more careful the next time to set correctly and more fair the prizes because we all waste time, effort etc etc.... (nothing personal with those low level guys who won... ) This is my personal oppinion because on the next event that you will announce less people will show interest to join if you dont set from the beginning in a more fair way the prizes.

That's all guys thank you once again and apologize for those that got koed by me... RIP ;)

BR,
sheppy ;)

Tingsborg

Event was great fun!

I wish you didn´t have to choose where you wanted to win. Coordinating a town to get the 150 bonds together at the same time trying to get higher duels, more money, more exp and more achievement points was rough. I think more people than I feel like rewarding players rank 1-15 in different categories would feel a bit more rewarding.

Also, seperate duel categories for most wins and most experience would be nice to have!

Looking forward to more events like this! :D

Nib Cassidy

The event was quite good but very stressful while competing to stay in the winning rank.
I want to comment about the duelling category prizes... its a little bit unfair because if you compare it with the xp category the first 3 players based on xp ranking they won a prize while in duelling the first 3 players with the most wins not the possition on the ranking list. There were two players between 60-70 levels who could see much more players to duel while on the same time for example in our level 160++ there were times which everybody were koed and we didnt have 6 or more targets to do duels in order to keep the winning race.. You need to be a bit more careful the next time to set correctly and more fair the prizes because we all waste time, effort etc etc.... (nothing personal with those low level guys who won... )
Yes, one thing I agree with sheep1 that in the last day, almost majority of the players got KO-ed.
As the dueling categories were all about the winning, of course it will be hard for majority of the players who's level is high to bag enough wins (still one of them made it). That's where the strategy comes to keep the level low where there will be some fodder players with normal gears.
The thing that abrupted the balance when some newly created accounts with full vaq & musical sets (later they got banned) started to knock those low level players down in every 12hrs, so, I wouldn't be so sure that our advantages were that much higher either.

Apart from that, the event was great, support team was very helpful as well to go through any in game problems. And most importantly, had the opportunity to got to know many old and new players who were also very decent and supportive. So far it was a fun experience excluding the last day stress. My suggestion would be, to make the competition a bit less stressful to the players and make it a bit health friendly. Many may bash me for it but I only slept 2 hours in the last 24 hrs of the event to get ahead in the ranking. I reckon more or less same thing happened to other players too who pushed themselves to their limit on rest of the categories.

Another suggestion I want to make, keep some rewards for players who place in rank 4-10 too. Of course, no one can stay within rank 4 - 10 without proper dedication and efforts (including adventures as this mini game seems quite dead now). And a common but something good as participation reward (of course you may add some minimum requirements) for everyone that will acknowledge their hard works. Maybe it will encourage more players to participate in the future speed event.

Once again, congrats to all winners and my heartfelt thanks to rest of the players and event team for making the event successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.