We really need to close down the older worlds and allow migration

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
totally makes sense, knew closing or offering migrate out worlds not determined by local team but didnt know which worlds not migrated to as well (thought decided by this inno team).

would have to agree with best guesses about el dor and idaho but i guess we still trying to wrap our head around that briscoe and dakota were slotted as designation routes, kinda figured them as also up for migrating out places as ones u mentioned. Do welcome chance to drop one of my characters in dakota tho, so apprec.
Briscoe, for all of it's lack of Dueling and FF's, still has a lot of regular daily activity on the PvE side of the game.
Dakota also strikes me as odd, but, for example, when a player there is willing to spend for Level 4 Pearl's gear I imagine that is one of the things taken into account.

Briscoe, for all of it's lack of Dueling and FF's, still has a lot of regular daily activity on the PvE side of the game.
Dakota also strikes me as odd, but, for example, when a player there is willing to spend for Level 4 Pearl's gear I imagine that is one of the things taken into account.
  • PvE can be done in any world, and maybe with more activity, they'd do more with the support of others, and then maybe even spend some real money! Imagine those players contributing to a world with more players. Just having players in the chat brings more a community to the world.
  • Dropping nuggets can be done in any world. So one player drops a lot of currency on lvl 4 pearl, big deal. Maybe it would be lvl 5 in a bigger world since there are more players to climb over to be top dog.

More activity = more competition = more likely to go premium and/or use nuggets for premium gear

No duels, no fort battles, no need to go prem or spend nuggets on a lot of premium gear. Premium product drop % makes only so much difference. 40 berries or 43 berries? Is it worth $20 in a world with no activity?

ps - I can't argue spending money or not on pixels. Most have some kind of something we spend or waste money on in life. If a player is willing to spend money on nuggets, great. I'd question their sanity getting level 4 pearl to beat up church builders, they only need level 3 :D

RaiderTr

Well fwiw he doesn't say "it makes sense" but more like trying to explain the odd-Inno-logic behind the decisions..

Last edited:

Oddersfield

Some observations on the non-closing 'closure' of Galveston and Houston:

1. If you are replacing a character on another world with the one being exported or simply wanting to transfer gear across, the Inno approved way (which seems to be sell to an intermediary and then buy back) is a huge issue. As the number of players diminish, it is increasingly hard to find somebody going to your required destination: after all, somebody has to be last.
2. If you have gear that can only be purchased with nuggets (e.g. Summer Spirit, Union or whatever). then you cannot sell to transfer it.
3. Even if you got say Summer Spirits to your destination world, but already have it there, it does you no good - you cannot upgrade it even if you then got a third set. (Yes, I know recent changes rendered that set far less useful.)
4. Players may have invested nuggets in tombola events (to get upgraded Santa, Cortina etc. gear) but now you cannot sell it to get it anywhere.

Is there any mechanism to move this sort of gear between worlds?

Why shouldn't a player be able to have 2 toons on one world for say 1 week to allow much easier transference of gear? If the player doesn't delete one of the two toons, then Inno could auto-delete the import after the specified period has expired.

I still have a toon on Houston and have no free world to export it to. The above issues are relevant to me. Frankly, if their really is an inability to take everything you have invested in, and their is no compensation, it strikes me as being tantamount to theft. I hope somebody can tell me their is a way!

Frankly, if their really is an inability to take everything you have invested in, and their is no compensation, it strikes me as being tantamount to theft. I hope somebody can tell me their is a way!
Or if inno puts in their rules that they have full control of game worlds and accounts, and no compensation will be granted, caveat emptor.

Your scenarios are the exact reason why I've stopped playing and/or spending nuggets in multiple worlds.

asdf124

Some observations on the non-closing 'closure' of Galveston and Houston:

1. If you are replacing a character on another world with the one being exported or simply wanting to transfer gear across, the Inno approved way (which seems to be sell to an intermediary and then buy back) is a huge issue. As the number of players diminish, it is increasingly hard to find somebody going to your required destination: after all, somebody has to be last.
2. If you have gear that can only be purchased with nuggets (e.g. Summer Spirit, Union or whatever). then you cannot sell to transfer it.
3. Even if you got say Summer Spirits to your destination world, but already have it there, it does you no good - you cannot upgrade it even if you then got a third set. (Yes, I know recent changes rendered that set far less useful.)
4. Players may have invested nuggets in tombola events (to get upgraded Santa, Cortina etc. gear) but now you cannot sell it to get it anywhere.

Is there any mechanism to move this sort of gear between worlds?

Why shouldn't a player be able to have 2 toons on one world for say 1 week to allow much easier transference of gear? If the player doesn't delete one of the two toons, then Inno could auto-delete the import after the specified period has expired.

I still have a toon on Houston and have no free world to export it to. The above issues are relevant to me. Frankly, if their really is an inability to take everything you have invested in, and their is no compensation, it strikes me as being tantamount to theft. I hope somebody can tell me their is a way!
I wish there was a button to transfer inventories without transferring your toon. And then be compensated for what you paid, the only item that had the ability to be refunded at one point was venomous snake, for its inability to add plain damage.(this item was 2k nuggets a piece)

Laural

I've done some very simple sporadic tracking of the worlds (10) that I have characters in, and found that since the Apr. 'migration' announcement, All worlds have lost members (after some initial migration increases).
The most stable world seems to be Briscoe (don't shut it down!!!!) Migration opened into Briscoe in Apr, from Galveston and Houston, Briscoe showed a 24 member gain in May, a 'loss' of 37 in June. BUT an increase of 5 by today in Aug. It is the only world to show a gain. Steady losses in the others. The next two most stable are Eldorado and Dakota. YES they have had the least losses. (I do not have access to Kansas and Juarez)
Just sayin', this 'shut and migrate' stuff does not seem to be helping 'retain' members that are in worlds.
NO it is not all about FF, that is only with higher level players, not an attraction to new ones.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
I have called attention to that, I believe it was just an oversight in the announcement. Expect it to be clarified within a day or so.

Al35ul

Sad to see Houston go. Had fun at the start of the world dueling with infiniti, anytimebob, lawmanronn, and all other members of Rebel Canyon - best town on Houston.

Hope to see you all in Arizona soon.

Harriet Oleson

I'm wondering : when a migration route opens in a world, does the game send an email to the players of this world or are they supposed to know about it only with the forum and IG announcements ? Mail to those who stilll have a toon in the world, or even to those who don't have one anymore but who could still get it back : these toons may not be seens IG, they still exist somewhere in the database.

iulianp

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
I'm wondering : when a migration route opens in a world, does the game send an email to the players of this world or are they supposed to know about it only with the forum and IG announcements ? Mail to those who stilll have a toon in the world, or even to those who don't have one anymore but who could still get it back : these toons may not be seens IG, they still exist somewhere in the database.
No, it doesn't send an email to inform players.