Feedback Update 2.195

iulianp

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
Sleep in the hotel 2500 times
does sleeping in a fort count towards this ???
No only town hotel counts!

So @Criminus we can agree that beta.the-west.net is nothing approaching a beta testing tool in the general sense in the game design and development industry, as a whole.

In fact, none of the servers at that URL even begin to approach that ideal and instead are governed by a small few that buy the most nuggets/premium content and also bark the most when they don't get their way?

Good, I'm glad to hear that.
When it comes to changes announced in the changelog, each game version is beta tested(beta market) for a few days for major issues, before being pushed to the main markets. A negative feedback on the beta does not require giving up that update.
Indeed, there are situations where beta is used to test new options/modifications and in case of major problems, those modifications are revised.

DeletedUser15368

Were you not playing during the level-cap disaster?
Give it a few months and I suspect the new mods will be less inclined to defend the way this game handles Beta player feedback in the case of major problems, as everything we say will be a major issue gets pushed to production anyway, where it's "too late to change" it now.

There's no major game-breaking issues with this update, of course, it is just pointless content dumping for something that will be relevant in 3 years of logging in but not playing the game.

Edit: and to add to this, the feedback we provide here, once an update leaves Beta, never ever makes a difference, to the point that most of us are unsure of the feedback gets passed on. Even with all of the connections that I have, I'm unsure about that, and know for a fact some things that are said to have been "passed on" haven't been.

Last edited by a moderator:

iulianp

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
Your feedback is allways passed on, what changes after is not up to the management team.

Lyrinx.

When it comes to changes announced in the changelog, each game version is beta tested(beta market) for a few days for major issues, before being pushed to the main markets. A negative feedback on the beta does not require giving up that update.
Since 2017 beta isn't functioning as it meant to be, bunch of church builders and cheap nugget buyers made it just regular worlds. Back in the day we used beta for testing only, and the team had ability to do several important things which are not possible nowadays. Since you use XX servers instead of ZZ2, and ZZ1-ZZ3 for testing, don't mention beta as a testing platform. Yes, those players gets the update first, but mate, every time beta found some major issue, 90% of the bugs comes to "normal servers" as well and the only thing what could happen is this: "we are aware of the bug but we can't fix it right now, in the next 3 patchlog we will fix those bugs".

So no, doesn't matter if beta players have a feedback or not. Once the patch comes to beta, it will come to live servers too, and nobody will change anything. Stop using xx for testing and use zz servers as it meant to be. Players will appreciate it.

DeletedUser15368

Since 2017 beta isn't functioning as it meant to be, bunch of church builders and cheap nugget buyers made it just regular worlds. Back in the day we used beta for testing only, and the team had ability to do several important things which are not possible nowadays. Since you use XX servers instead of ZZ2, and ZZ1-ZZ3 for testing, don't mention beta as a testing platform. Yes, those players gets the update first, but mate, every time beta found some major issue, 90% of the bugs comes to "normal servers" as well and the only thing what could happen is this: "we are aware of the bug but we can't fix it right now, in the next 3 patchlog we will fix those bugs".

So no, doesn't matter if beta players have a feedback or not. Once the patch comes to beta, it will come to live servers too, and nobody will change anything. Stop using xx for testing and use zz servers as it meant to be. Players will appreciate it.
To add a little to this from someone that used to do alpha QA testing and passing on beta feedback, XX was the closed "alpha" test for major bugs, ZZ was the public "beta" test for player-feedback, because it's always been the case that by the time it reaches Production, it's far too late to roll it back or make changes in a timely manner.

The entire QA structure has crumbled to dust, they don't catch major issues in Alpha (I'm actually convinced that no one plays through new quests even one time before they're released to the public) and the player-feedback isn't taken into account in Beta. The only thing that matters is getting the updates out on schedule every two weeks. The new guys will learn how it is quickly enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40832

I’m not new around. I was answering Artem124 and tried to explain that we have nothing to do with the feedback on the beta forums. This topic we are in now is to discuss and get feedback for the last most recent update. Syntex is not responsible to get the feedback from Beta and forward it. He’s a CM here and not on the Beta Version. Hope it’s clear enough for everyone. Sorry for the confusion it was not intended.

Lyrinx.

Syntex is not responsible to get the feedback from Beta and forward it. He’s a CM here and not on the Beta Version. Hope it’s clear enough for everyone.
Indeed he's the manager in .net, just don't forget, out of all markets net has the most influence to the management including beta, .hu and .de, if we are talking about pushing through feedbacks and recommending ideas of further changes. It's another thing if these markets are willing to use this power (but I'd say if they are brave enough to use this power).

Anyway, stick to the patchlog. If all players will go for the 3 years of sleeping achievements, who will spend nuggs for upcoming new sets? Cuz for sleeping we don't need anything, just a hotel. :p

I think at this point they're just making achievements that will take years to complete so in 6 months, no more development updates. We'll just have the game as-is for the next 10 years while we chase the endless achievements, chilling in the hotel watching the tumbleweeds pass by.

Joe Kidd

I’m not new around. I was answering Artem124 and tried to explain that we have nothing to do with the feedback on the beta forums. This topic we are in now is to discuss and get feedback for the last most recent update. Syntex is not responsible to get the feedback from Beta and forward it. He’s a CM here and not on the Beta Version. Hope it’s clear enough for everyone. Sorry for the confusion it was not intended.

I appreciate these facts and this process and I wouldn't challenge this but...this is not 2009-2010 when the game had easily 100 fold the amount of active users it does now. Then, yes, the idea of having a distinct silos for active markets and beta servers would be unquestionably prudent. But now the idea that Loki and Syntex, et al. don't communicate daily about the status of the game and its functionality seems notably impractical. If Innogames draws the lines and keeps the silos then there's nothing you all can do about that I suppose. It's a shame.