Feedback The Rules are wrong and/or outdated

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser15368

I have a couple of concerns regarding how outdated both the in-game rules and the forum rules are. I'm posting here because tickets don't work, you guys just farm those AFRT's and maybe this way a CM will see it.

Game Rules:

§3) Sharing Means of Connection​

• It is not permitted for players sharing a means of connection to interact with the same third party (be it, but not limited to dueling) after at least 12 hours has passed between the actions.
The way that this rule is written, says that for the first 12 hours, players sharing a connection CAN duel the same player - after which it becomes illegal to do so.
Formerly, this rule stated that "At least 12 hours must have passed between the duels", so the new rule is quite literally wrong.

This should say: It is not permitted for players sharing a means of connection to interact with the same third party (be it, but not limited to dueling) until at least 12 hours has passed between the actions.

§5) Pushing​

• Pushing refers to an exploitative use of the game to provide experience/cash/items to other account(s). Specifically, a player may not participate in a prearranged duel or bounty or Fort Battle or Adventure to achieve an organized outcome and provide or obtain inordinate amounts of experience/cash/items/veteran points.
  • A player owning more than one account on different worlds may only participate in an Adventure with one account at a time. A player may not participate in an Adventure with intentions to lose or draw, thus providing the opposing team and/or their team with unmerited rewards.
Why is drawing an Adventure on purpose specifically against the rules, but pushing ones duel level down, circumventing a key game mechanic, is not?

§7) Bots, Scripts, Macros and Proxies​

• The use of bots or scripts is strictly forbidden.
This one could either simply remove the word "Strictly" from that one, or remove the words "or scripts".

Forum Rules:
General
  • Do not spam, 'troll' or go off-topic in a discussion. This includes one word posts such as "agreed", which should be voiced through the reputation system.
There is no longer a reputation system, it was replaced with one option to "like" a comment when we moved to Xenforo. I'd really prefer if more "reaction" options were unlocked once again, but in any case, there's no reputation system anymore, just Likes.

Moderation
  • Do not create public posts, regarding moderation, without permission from the moderating staff. Instead, direct all comments, inquiries and complaints to the relevant moderator via a polite Private Message. If your query is not satisfactorily answered you may direct them to a Sheriff or Marshal. If you are still unsatisfied you may contact one of the Community Managers.
Don't actually have a clue which mod is assigned to which forum anymore - This should probably just direct the player to send a ticket.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser40832

Hi lulumcnoob,

Thank you for pointing out the wrong Sharing and Means of Connection rule. I have edited the rule as following:
Players who share a connection are not allowed to engage in certain activities with the same third party, including dueling, unless at least 12 hours have passed since their previous interaction.

For the other rules a CM should answer as they are not wrongly formulated.

darthmaul99174

Majority of rules should be massively scaled back, especially communication.

They absolutely killed the saloon chat in every world across servers because they think that people under 12 actually play this even though the avg player age is above 40. This is in my opinion another massive reason for players quitting. It's a PVP interactive game... if you can't talk freely then you can't really meet new peeps or those that aren't in your town / alliance. STUPID.

Make the communication rules way more slack so people have freedom to talk normally and wont get banned for every little thing.

DeletedUser40832

We can’t determine a player’s age therefore the discussions must be kept PG-13. Also, the game is not advertised as an adults only game. I don’t think players are quitting the game because they can’t use swears.

DeletedUser15368

Under the code of conduct, the player must be at last the age of 16 years old to create and use an account, which I infer is another silly part of the rules that I missed in my OP - because much like the "Strictly forbidden" scripts, it's entirely unenforceable.
At least they aren't trying to make playing through a VPN illegal anymore so the rules can change for the better.

It is estimated that, in the UK, 93% of children play video games. It is far more concerning to me personally that certain online games, not naming any names, contain inappropriate features such as loot-box style Tombolas, which promote harmful behaviours among children, than lower-tier profanity than you'd find on a CoD lobby. Or fortnite, idk what the kids play these days i'm old now, but it probably ain't this fossil of a browser game where the core gameplay mechanic is waiting.

However, I do think that in this game, public chats (Saloons, Fort Chats, Adventure chats, Alliance Chats) should be "family friendly" and private town chats should essentially moderate themselves in all but the most extreme circumstances. Saloon is toxic enough already without allowing profanity.

darthmaul99174

We can’t determine a player’s age therefore the discussions must be kept PG-13. Also, the game is not advertised as an adults only game. I don’t think players are quitting the game because they can’t use swears.

Every game needs open communication such as an "All chat". The saloon chat now is just a tool for little losers to argue all day and report people they don't like. It hurts activity if you cannot understand that I don't know what to say.

PG-13 films & games are much more lax than the chat rules on this OAP game and everyone knows the avg player base is old. Crazy to say "we cannot confirm" as if there's anyone even scrutinising Inno on this. If inno was under scrutiny we wouldn't have such rigged gambling. Wow.. Each item says 1.23% chance that must mean its true!!! Batchest

Saloon is toxic enough already without allowing profanity.

Many of those toxic people go unpunished because they narrowly avoid breaking the rules even though they're incredibly toxic. But those accidentally do in normal conversation will be punished, makes total sense right? :D

It is far more concerning to me personally that certain online games, not naming any names, contain inappropriate features such as loot-box style Tombolas, which promote harmful behaviours among children, than lower-tier profanity than you'd find on a CoD lobby. Or fortnite,

Couldn't have put it better.

RaiderTr

Many of those toxic people go unpunished because they narrowly avoid breaking the rules even though they're incredibly toxic. But those accidentally do in normal conversation will be punished, makes total sense right? :D
This. Baiters/provokers as well.. Won't be punished at all..

iulianp

The West Team
In-Game Supporter
Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately the rules cannot be changed by the administration team because the rules must be the same on all game markets. The observations will be forwarded for analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.