Feedback Speedevent - March(ing)!

Luka882

Well rewards should be there to motivate people to try! If they are able to give gringo or whatever sets to rank 1 xp for using bots 20 hours a day, lets make it a gringo weapon sets to 2 random players from a winning team of the event, if it can be given on other speed worlds, it could be given here in that way, and not rank 1 Fort fighter on rankings page(that makes people go selfish builds)

Ahon123

I like that idea luka, Have a certain requirement to get entered into a prize drawl for the gear so everyone participats to a certain level. Same as it is on this event world 8 FF's to get a chance to win

Joe Kidd

So aften speaking to a few doctors I can say that they've came to a diagnosis for north players

Diagnosis: SKILL ISSUE

Oh my gosh they sure did came! Also you are so, so right! The North players all should not only quit the server, but serioiusly consider quitting the game as well. I mean really. What a bunch of utter morons, right?

Man, you South guys are people to emulate. I can't wait to do so in the future.

I tell ya this event server is the best thing the mod team has ever put together. Many, many thanks. It's really good to demonstrate how bad some players are and make it the center of what the game is about.

DeletedUser15368

Oh my gosh they sure did came! Also you are so, so right! The North players all should not only quit the server, but serioiusly consider quitting the game as well. I mean really. What a bunch of utter morons, right?

I tell ya this event server is the best thing the mod team has ever put together. Many, many thanks. It's really good to demonstrate how bad some players are and make it the center of what the game is about.
Okay maybe it's a little too soon and too sensitive to banter about, but in all seriousness the battles are only as good as the opposition, and in this event - that was sadly the thing that has let us down so far, although technically not too late for a come-back. Low quality battles aren't fun for anyone, and two teams meming about with no coherent tactics, as Nikos seemingly suggests is the correct way to go about our business, would be the lowest quality possible.

Maybe we needed a longer settle-in period with some practice battles, and more grace with the class changing.
I hope we get another one of these soon with two equally enthusiastic teams.

I also do think that the town leader selection process was disappointing, I hope that next time you make the prospective leaders write even a sentence about themselves so we can properly vote. I say this despite being very satisfied with our leadership, and their chosen tactics and strategies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Well too little too late for that..

Diggo kinda killed its sector damage though
meh, definitely not killed. just limited it's impact to mid to high level damagers (when going up against a spirit wearer -- against lesser resistance gear it still benefits tanks/noobs)

Ahon123

mad cause bad

Vagabonden

@Syntex wrote:
  • You will be signed randomly to one town. You will not be able to pick your teammates.

How is it that i see people able to switch sides anyway? So does the rule suddently not apply or what the hell is going on ? Did the admins change the only for only some people or are everyone allowed to change between north and south?

If not, how was someone able to change town and what allowed them to do so?

martoru

@Syntex wrote:
  • You will be signed randomly to one town. You will not be able to pick your teammates.

How is it that i see people able to switch sides anyway? So does the rule suddently not apply or what the hell is going on ? Did the admins change the only for only some people or are everyone allowed to change between north and south?

If not, how was someone able to change town and what allowed them to do so?
this i can answer...

inno events and expecialy syntex one are events that change rules during event is running... only game in wich i saw such thing

instead of closing server if something goes wrong and to fix problem and start new event they came with all kind of changes the rules that will broke event evan more

Vagabonden

this i can answer...

inno events and expecialy syntex one are events that change rules during event is running... only game in wich i saw such thing

instead of closing server if something goes wrong and to fix problem and start new event they came with all kind of changes the rules that will broke event evan more

im still gonna wait for an offical answer to why players are allowed to move between towns?
Just so its clear to everyone what is happening behind the curtains and these side deals being made between the mods and perhaps their friends ( who knows)

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
im still gonna wait for an offical answer to why players are allowed to move between towns?
Just so its clear to everyone what is happening behind the curtains and these side deals being made between the mods and perhaps their friends ( who knows)
I will ensure you get a proper response

JWillow

My feedback from the event so far

My experience in the South town has been good, seeing players active and working to a common goal. When I was approached about class, I gladly replied I was willing to play whatever the team needed. As when I joined, I was looking forward to team play and focused players willing to set aside their time and even maybe what they wanted for the betterment of the whole.

As on regular worlds players play many hats as they quest, duel, etc. This world however had one purpose build a strong team to pull off the strategy of the leader chosen. That is what it looked like what was happening, players farming for buffs and players helping with money so every one was geared. The leaders communicated their plan and shared what gear and skill set was needed. Offered help if anyone was confused.

Then came the first battle and the aftermath. First issue, some players completely ignored what was asked of them making for a hectic first ranking. Battle starts and we come away with a win, few missteps during but it is the first time fighting as a team. Then the aftermath, some that didn’t follow what the leader asked of them trashed the leader because the leader ranked players who followed the strategy put forth. Which for me is sad, this was to me suppose to be a team event, not a stats chaser selfish play event, there are plenty of those anyway. Players can do that on regular world all them want, too.

After math: If you play x16+ hours for 2 days, helping the team with more than 1,5M $$$ for Fort Battle equipment and you are left out cause you wanted play as Full Dueler (with fully upgraded equipment) and not like HP stupid style as "leader" dictated, then the option is one : RUN away from the South lol

Second battle begins to show the other team are not coming together as a team. I am not on that side, so I can not say if that is a leader strategy issue or a player willingness to play as a team.

I think in the end, the event would be better if players signing had experience on what fort battle competitions are. Like maybe open a practice world so players can get a feel for how things will go, with a few practice battles where classes can change each battle so leaders can try different strategies out. I do hope the event team tries to make another fort battle based world, but maybe have little more effort on sign ups, I don’t know maybe even get references about their battle experience.

Now for the person that has to trash leaders after he is left unranked because he did not fulfill his end of what was asked, maybe he should ask himself if team play that doesn’t involve cheating is right for him. Spending 16 hours clicking means nothing if you can’t be a team player when it is most needed.

FYI: For those players that want to play their own game there are other speed worlds, you can skill and gear however you want, but don’t expect team play as that is not what those speed worlds goal. But sounds like you would be happier that way.

I would like to say thank you to my leaders for all the work they put into building the team by motivating and giving them clear direction. The amount of time to organize and reach out to your players is shown in the overall success of the team. So really thank you and hope you know you are appreciated. Especially since we all know I had to ask some(maybe loads of) noob questions along the way.

Now I will end in saying, I wish the north town had the type of cooperation and team play that the south has flourished in, then maybe battles would have a chance at good hard fights. I do hope some inexperienced players are learning and maybe if event team tries again, they will know what a team based world that has a singular focus can be.

Thank you for the event, even with the bumps along the way, playing as a team with one goal has been fun. (Maybe for the next just have all greenhorn no classes, just skill set and gear, could be interesting or maybe a tad ridiculous, who knows.)

Cactus Poke

My experience with this event has been overwhelmingly excellent. I joined during the late registration and was impressed with the leadership of the South team.

They showed great KNOWLEDGE of the game and their ENTHUSIASM and COMMUNICATION produced a highly MOTIVATED TEAM.

That is a winning combination in any endeavor. Let’s give credit where credit is due.

JWillow

I was wondering, was there an aftermath after the "after math" or before the aftermath there was that one other aftermath you mention being after the math. I wasn't sure.
Sorry if it wasn't clear, the aftermath: blah blah crap was not my words, not a separate incident, just shared in his exact words his obvious view of a team event is all about him and what he wants to do. Nothing in what he said showed a team view.

At the end of the day, most likely our leaders probably picked a strong opening strategy to be safe, but as clearly seen adaptations can and did happen. But if players can not adapt and change for the team then what is the point of that person trying to take down the team with selfish play. Bad enough that he killed his own teammate by stacking last minute and then last 2 battles intentionally not having line of sight.

I guess there is a clear and different view of fort fighting, some who want to be competitive on equal playing field but some who want an equal playing field to play stats and play as individuals.

Edited to add: I am sorry if my english is poor, I have low education level, so sorry if I am not writing clearly enough for high education people.

NikosGr1

Ehmmm... guys? I didn't quit, I just changed sides and I am in the North.
Since I now know from inside what is happening in both towns, I can tell these:

A.
- The North chose classes with which they want to enjoy the game -
- The South chose classes strictly for winning the game , by exploiting the soldier's (HP - leadership) and dueler's ( criticals) advantages against the "useless" worker and adventurer classes

B.
- Both towns had strategies during the Fort Battles , but the South had more strict - forced by leaders precise equipment and skill selection (eg 1st battle everyone had to use HP equipment - even the duelers , 2nd battle everyone needed to use specific equipment, even specific horse saddle item!)

C.
- In both towns there is team effort & play , and players helped each other from the start of the event with equipment and $$$

The results:

1)
- Players in the North had more fun , enjoying the game with their selections, even if not winning the Fort Battles
- Players in the South won the Fort Battles , but not actually enjoyed the game due to very little freedom. Is the t-shirt and 200 bonds the real enjoyment?
(I think this reward was a trick from the GMs for everybody to understand eventually what we play Fort Battles for : enjoyment or rewards)

2)
The whole strategy of both towns (choosing free class or getting restricted into 2 types) REVEALED the actual weaknesses of the game about Fort Battles, which also are present in the normal words where we play

So, instead about the "Surrender" option of the North town in order to re-class, the REAL SOLUTION will be GMs to start changing the bonuses of each class , we remain how we are and we see how eventually the Fort Battles can be played and enjoyed with free choices of classes.
Otherwise, a General Solution about the Fort Battles won't be found and actually if re-class is the only solution, then EVERYBODY should be allowed to re-class in all the worlds/servers as well (since the conclusion is that workers and adventurers classes are not suitable for Fort Battles)

Joe Kidd

Finally some reason and sanity. Thank you NikosGr1. Sadly the only real option is to ditch this so-called event. The clear definition of real fun is to crush your enemy and mock them for their stupidity - heartily encouraged by the event staff as well. So just bail on this garbage and encourage the rest of the North to do the same.

Vagabonden

Ehmmm... guys? I didn't quit, I just changed sides and I am in the North.
Since I now know from inside what is happening in both towns, I can tell these:

A.
- The North chose classes with which they want to enjoy the game -
- The South chose classes strictly for winning the game , by exploiting the soldier's (HP - leadership) and dueler's ( criticals) advantages against the "useless" worker and adventurer classes

B.
- Both towns had strategies during the Fort Battles , but the South had more strict - forced by leaders precise equipment and skill selection (eg 1st battle everyone had to use HP equipment - even the duelers , 2nd battle everyone needed to use specific equipment, even specific horse saddle item!)

C.
- In both towns there is team effort & play , and players helped each other from the start of the event with equipment and $$$

The results:

1)
- Players in the North had more fun , enjoying the game with their selections, even if not winning the Fort Battles
- Players in the South won the Fort Battles , but not actually enjoyed the game due to very little freedom. Is the t-shirt and 200 bonds the real enjoyment?
(I think this reward was a trick from the GMs for everybody to understand eventually what we play Fort Battles for : enjoyment or rewards)

2)
The whole strategy of both towns (choosing free class or getting restricted into 2 types) REVEALED the actual weaknesses of the game about Fort Battles, which also are present in the normal words where we play

So, instead about the "Surrender" option of the North town in order to re-class, the REAL SOLUTION will be GMs to start changing the bonuses of each class , we remain how we are and we see how eventually the Fort Battles can be played and enjoyed with free choices of classes.
Otherwise, a General Solution about the Fort Battles won't be found and actually if re-class is the only solution, then EVERYBODY should be allowed to re-class in all the worlds/servers as well (since the conclusion is that workers and adventurers classes are not suitable for Fort Battles)
I'm only gonna say this once?

But if you sign up for an event? Most people will wanna win. But I guess your the type who just wanna have fun and don't care if you win or lose.

That's okay too, but I'm even more glad you just wrote you changed town so I can now be even more expecting an official message about why some players have been allowed to change town when others couldn't.

Once again, no info about rules change just under the table deals happening....

One last time? Can everyone change town? Or only some people are allowed to? If so? Why only some people?

(Gonna ask this every day until I get can official answer)

JWillow

So let me get this straight, every International Fort Battle Championship that has ever happened was not fun for anyone, because class was a planned part of strategy for every team. Then if all those players from multiple servers had such a horrible time, then why do so many want to have another one?

You can yell all you want with your big words, but you fail to understand the purpose of a team. A team plays for each other not for self serving needs. A team puts efforts into itself and sacrifices individual desires for the whole. Sorry to say but most of the south town are team players, they are having fun and not worried about what class they play as long as they get to fight together towards a common goal.

So far the only disappointment is the other teams inexperience or bad strategy.

So please do keep talking about the you you you problems, they are the problems of an individual.

Then again maybe the south should have a vote on there level of fun they are having working together and playing as a team. Oh wait, definitely don't question Lulu, he might bring up his dislike of questing.

But anyway, I guess none of the southern town is having fun as long as 1% are unhappy. We will just ignore the majority.

Also yes please do encourage inno to class rebalance, but won't solve the gear problem, but one issue at a time, takes 3 years or so.