2023 Awesomia battle initiative -- Discussion

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Will you be putting the join restriction on so we can try to have a even battles
Yes, I will try to balance the worlds currently designated for non-event balancing

I will also try to get login polls soon to reassess which worlds to use join balancing on.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
where is new formula, if is a formula
There is no public information beyond the announcements, and I haven’t personally seen anything more informative than that.

I am hopeful that I will be able to get some data from these awesomia battles (that’s one of my motivations for calling them all right away), but it’s not Data I will have ready access to so it will depend on others.

Reyne

Today, I truly enjoyed the GM Awesomia battle on Idaho. Thirty-six signed up for defense with ten no-shows, and 31 on attack (iirc) with 6 no-shows. So, outcome was 27-25, not the runaway train it usually is with everyone signing up for defense just for the rankings. I won't speak to the formula numbers, as I am no mathematician. I leave that for those who crunch numbers. I will note that I didn't do too badly with my worker on hits/damage.

Annie-Bell

thanks for hearts and digging awesomia, about balance, being in so many worlds was very interesting in outcome in all worlds (edit .. not in dakota), interested to see next. Did find briscoe (as fluffy said earlier) to be best balance of number, skill level, classes and even online/offline, was quite the challenge & lots of fun. Know hard to balance all that in worlds, esp with random variables .. also saw some really amazing players in non active worlds- would kill to get them moved (shameless plug to get people wanting to ff back into game!.. dont blame me, will keep saying that :D)

Annie-Bell

that would be awesome! not everyone does the awesomia but in worlds with irregular ff's in particular is very cool and actually seeing lots of people signing up cause want the clover/gold coin rewards

Killer Bonnie

Guidance?
https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/st-patrick-community-event.58669/ < these battles had coin chests in them 6 battles I think reward was 75 coin chest

https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/st-patrick-event-2021.59918/ < these had coin chests 5 battles 75 coin chest This is the year clovers were introduced so maybe some battles had clovers in rewards also along with the coins

Only difference between these and yours is you are able to place the join restriction on now to try to have a more even battle but both sides get the coins or clovers regaurdless of which side wins

Hope that helps

Goober Pyle

The West Team
The issue is the event announcement this year did not include the line
  • There will also be Awesomia Fort Battles where you can earn more coins.
only a link to "how event worked in previous years" so I don't currently have the required authority

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Restrictions are too slow to be applied & lifted on Arizona sometimes. Attacks need a lil bit more love usually

Agreed. Hopefully the Fort Balance Team will be up and running in full form soon to have more eyes available to watch the registration numbers

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Has any territory managed to get their ratio correct for the bonus? It hasn't even been close where I play.
Last round I credited briscoe Colorado and I thing 1 or 2 others. While a couple were close.

This round despite the looser requirement only Colorado is likely to have gotten it.

However it is a holiday weekend so I’m not doing as much in the way of saloon topics as I’d like. Next time I’ll have more availability and might even get the fort team to have some saloon topic access by then.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Last years were 1950 Fireworks each battle This year 1300 ? Can we get more fireworks ? Please
I will see what can be done, but there are some additional things in the works that may require the lower budget.
If we can't add the additional FW we can probably add a bond letter