Feedback Speedevent - March(ing)!

ra1g

You can ban players, please no upgrade, in DE is forbidden, they get banned, if they upgrade, do that here too, please!
yeah i agree and i think many other players would prefer no upgrades... check every player during a battle and if they have an upgraded item, ban them from the rest of the event :) (maybe exclude weapons from that hehe)

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
yeah i agree and i think many other players would prefer no upgrades... check every player during a battle and if they have an upgraded item, ban them from the rest of the event :) (maybe exclude weapons from that hehe)

This is my thought on the matter (not speaking for the event team):

Given the limited number of battles and the inevitability with which people will use upgraded gear calling into question the result of each battle regardless of being punished individually, better to allow upgrades.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
This is my thought on the matter (not speaking for the event team):

Given the limited number of battles and the inevitability with which people will use upgraded gear calling into question the result of each battle regardless of being punished individually, better to allow upgrades.

In particular, say that things are expected to end in a tie going into the last battle, I don’t want to see “hey noob, take one for the team — you’ll get banned but go in with level 5 hp gear so we win the HP tie-breaker”

Lily of the Valley

Ex-Team Member
You need to build the fort? We can buy FF buffs from shop?
Yeah, when you guys join the server on wednesday, the forts will be yours but not built. So that's up to you guys.
And yes the buffs will be in the shop, but you are also allowed to use the market to try to get Boobytraps and Seekers (but you will have to find the recipes yourself).

Éire and Clover sets will be available as these questlines are on during given period?
Yes they will be there

Yeah, when you guys join the server on wednesday, the forts will be yours but not built. So that's up to you guys.
And yes the buffs will be in the shop, but you are also allowed to use the market to try to get Boobytraps and Seekers (but you will have to find the recipes yourself).

Yes they will be there
So let's get this straight for a fort event
  • forts won't be built
  • no updated fort gear
  • there will be premium duel gear
Seems like a dueler's paradise, a bunch of ill equipped fort fighters and prem duel gear. I might have to reconsider this one.
Awesome!

Lily of the Valley

Ex-Team Member
  • We don't build the forts so you guys can decide what towers/walls/gates you want (for strategic reasons) and so you will have something to do during the hours and days that there are no battles. Ofc you can also spend that time trying to quest or something.
  • Correct -> thats the whole point
  • You gotta work for that one. Also there is a 48 hour protection from duels. So if you don't want to be duelled just keep yourself in that protection. If people do want to duel, they can cancel after 2 hours and go nuts.

DeletedUser15368

Hmm I think we should stop trying to make the new shop clothes a thing, There's nothing "old school" about level-based shop gear that gives you more skill points than you can possibly get from your character, and I guess I misunderstood this event, as the first fort event we have had since the level cap disaster, it won't be helpful in any way for testing purposes.

An Achievement, Avatar part, or a Title are far better rewards than a t-shirt that you won't wear because it literally takes up a gear slot.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator
This sounds like a fun event, if enough people sign up. I think you should consider going down to medium battles if you don't get the signups. Personally I am very busy these weeks and signing up to be offline 50% of the battles isnt that attractive. In the future, would it be possible to announce the events with a bit more time before the event, 7-10 days or something like that.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
The fort size is not specified in the event and that is an element of the strategy in building forts—you won’t know what fort you are defending until the battle is called, do you build as you can or stockpile resources to build on demand? If a large is dug can you turn out all of your players? If a small is dug who do you leave out (and if you leave them out will they be there for a large battle)?

DeletedUser15368

Found something to moan about instantly... why in the name of the holy Brown Tie do we still have to do the bloody tutorial, I know for a fact there's a button in the admin tools that skips the beginner quests, why can't that be a player-accessible button, especially if they've been playing for 15 years.

Darkuletzz

The fort size is not specified in the event and that is an element of the strategy in building forts—you won’t know what fort you are defending until the battle is called, do you build as you can or stockpile resources to build on demand? If a large is dug can you turn out all of your players? If a small is dug who do you leave out (and if you leave them out will they be there for a large battle)?
Goober, that with small its total bull**** , how to leave people , like 40 people in def? wtf is that?
Like they go to ff, but we let onliners outside , because we play smalls, so for my understanding, if we had 150 players each town, we will still play smalls, so who is buddy /buddy with leaders enter, the others, well f*** them.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Goober, that with small its total bull**** , how to leave people , like 40 people in def? wtf is that?
Like they go to ff, but we let onliners outside , because we play smalls, so for my understanding, if we had 150 players each town, we will still play smalls, so who is buddy /buddy with leaders enter, the others, well f*** them.
I can assure you that the number of smalls dug will be 0, 1, or 2 per side, the number of larges dug will be 0, 1, or 2 per side, and the total number of actual active players will be considered when deciding those numbers.