Feedback Winter event 2023

WhyN0t

Best chance for a specific player to get 100% xp is one in a trillion based on above %.Distribution is more than alright.
4 25%.png
1 in less than 30 000. The chances are a bit higher than 1 in a trilion, don't you think? :lol:
A friend of mine got 4 25% xp potions...I got 0 :)

Ektoras BOTrini

80 opened - 34 quest items, 8 trading cards. it's ridiculous. you need 12 quest items to finish the quest
That's good , mine was like this

44 Quest items
16 Trading cards
26 hp refills
4 chocolate boxes
4 fortune cookies
4 40 bond letters
2 90 bond letters
Spent: 2160 Energy which is around 9 hours.

Isn't it possible to make chests like Valentine Tombola? If you get the required quest items then the specific quest item will never drop again?

Bob Baumeister

View attachment 4435
1 in less than 30 000. The chances are a bit higher than 1 in a trilion, don't you think? :lol:
A friend of mine got 4 25% xp potions...I got 0 :)

Your calculation is for a chance of 12%. "Probability of success on a trial" is a value between 0 and 1 where 1 would be 100%. That's why the results on your screenshot are so strange, like P(X>=4) being that high, etc.

With the correct drop rate of 0.11 % you will get a value of 0.00001 for exactly 4 drops, aka a chance of 1 in 100,000. btw that's somewhat close to what he said after he corrected himself.

PrancingPurplePony

I suspect its a lot more than some that dislike the drop rates.
I've seen people complaining about the low drop rates on every clicky event, so it isn't new to this event.
Except they seem to be getting even worse.

Ektoras BOTrini

We are reading and forward your feedback. Thank you for sharing it! We are sorry to hear that some of you dislike the drop rates.
It's not just some but it's a lot , the majority at least, out of 1000 players 900 will complain about the drop rates. Every click event the drop rates become more and more stupid, you might need a few quest items but you will end up with over 35 in your inventory for no reason at all. Every event there is the same complaint but for some reason every year and every event it becomes even worse than before, meaning you do not give a @&£@ , not like you did anyway.

Make a new mechanic , if you get all required quest items then the quest items should stop dropping , this way you wont have 50 quest items when you really only need 5 , more chances for players to get better and more useful stuff rather than stuff that is no where near useful.

It's not just some but it's a lot , the majority at least, out of 1000 players 900 will complain about the drop rates. Every click event the drop rates become more and more stupid, you might need a few quest items but you will end up with over 35 in your inventory for no reason at all. Every event there is the same complaint but for some reason every year and every event it becomes even worse than before, meaning you do not give a @&£@ , not like you did anyway.

Make a new mechanic , if you get all required quest items then the quest items should stop dropping , this way you wont have 50 quest items when you really only need 5 , more chances for players to get better and more useful stuff rather than stuff that is no where near useful.
The problem with that approach is bc of the random open rate, some players might not get the required items and nobody would have any extra to sell.

That's why, somewhere on here, i suggested to split the clicking requirements from the quest, that way ppl have a choice. It was like that before, and then they changed it. There's probably some metric that falsely indicates that clicks=activity, so therefore worlds are still active. When they combined the quests and click-click, activity went up, must be doing something "right".

It chars have 9hrs to click their mouse, let them. It does nothing to increase active participation in dead worlds. It's like adventures, if chars can be online and wait 9hrs to get an adventure to start, sure. The CMs need to tell Inno whatever metric they're using to measure activity and keep dead worlds open, it's totally wrong.

We are reading and forward your feedback. Thank you for sharing it! We are sorry to hear that some of you dislike the drop rates.
2+ years? They obviously don't listen to you.
Btw, opening another speed world event to hand out OP gear doesn't help.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
The problem with that approach is bc of the random open rate, some players might not get the required items and nobody would have any extra to sell.

That's why, somewhere on here, i suggested to split the clicking requirements from the quest, that way ppl have a choice. It was like that before, and then they changed it. There's probably some metric that falsely indicates that clicks=activity, so therefore worlds are still active. When they combined the quests and click-click, activity went up, must be doing something "right".

It chars have 9hrs to click their mouse, let them. It does nothing to increase active participation in dead worlds. It's like adventures, if chars can be online and wait 9hrs to get an adventure to start, sure. The CMs need to tell Inno whatever metric they're using to measure activity and keep dead worlds open, it's totally wrong.

2+ years? They obviously don't listen to you.
Btw, opening another speed world event to hand out OP gear doesn't help.
It’s simple really—they need to bifurcate it. Instead of 100 drops there should be two simultaneous 50 drops (maybe half the drop rate). One should contain the quest items at high rates (and no high value items) and the other no quest items. Then sell the one with quest items in the shop for cheap for those who still Need them.

Instead of 100 drops there should be two simultaneous 50 drops (maybe half the drop rate).
What I just read - you propose 2 drops tasks and one of them is half the drop rate of now? I believe that is the complete opposite of everything that is not fun about these click-click events.

Then sell the one with quest items in the shop for cheap for those who still Need them.
Why can't the quest items be rewards from the actual quest steps?

Inno (and your proposal) is doing the complete opposite of what a good product is - keep it simple. It doesn't mean it has to be work 8 hours of exploration, but 2000+ clicks is just banging our heads against the wall. The quest itself is ok, go here, go there, etc etc, but ugh, give us some tasks that doesn't require hours of boring clicking.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
What I just read - you propose 2 drops tasks and one of them is half the drop rate of now? I believe that is the complete opposite of everything that is not fun about these click-click events.

Why can't the quest items be rewards from the actual quest steps?

Inno (and your proposal) is doing the complete opposite of what a good product is - keep it simple. It doesn't mean it has to be work 8 hours of exploration, but 2000+ clicks is just banging our heads against the wall. The quest itself is ok, go here, go there, etc etc, but ugh, give us some tasks that doesn't require hours of boring clicking.
I'm just addressing the excessive quest-item component of these events -- what I suggest mostly leaves the event itself alone. The actually clicky-event concept is another issue; some players like it on the whole, improving the quest-item drops (and making them more readily "just buy your way out of it") would help with those that just can't or won't do the 2000 or so jobs in 3 weeks.

DeletedUser15368

There's probably some metric that falsely indicates that clicks=activity, so therefore worlds are still active.
The CMs need to tell Inno whatever metric they're using to measure activity and keep dead worlds open, it's totally wrong.
Definitely seems the case, and needs evaluation.

Maybe just stop making quests that depend on clicky event loot tables. @Goober Pyle is right, make the quest items drop separately from the clicky event loot-box, make them tradable, everyone's happy and hopefully more encouraged to engage for the specific thing that they want from the clicky.

But then also this all skews the magical activity metrics that cause serious issues, like having 13 worlds open and no migration routes.

Protasov

100 Snowy twigs:

ItemCount
Winter symbols collector cards17
Pine syrup15
Warm tea13
Winter symbols9
Colorful wool9
Valentine's chocolate box5
Life juice4
Energy bonus medal4
Fortune cookie3