Feedback Update 2.191

1Big Chief

Sounds great.. improvements are always welcome.. Well Done.
Only gripe.. is people that never had issues with Max 6,000 FF Xp .. now gripe that 18,000 xp is still too little :blink::boone: oh my :lol:

DeletedUser15368

Still not clear about the median part.. does it affect everyones XP possibility or advens formula performance ?
The explanation wasn't great, but my understanding is that higher level players in the battle = higher maximum exp possible for everyone in the battle.
If the median level is 250, then the maximum exp possible will be 18k. We'll find out soon enough if this is exploitable or not since this will be the first test.

There's also been a, separate, dramatic change to how individual exp is rewarded, much less emphasis on damage dealing, making it fairer for tanks, and also with ghosting actually being taken into account for the first time ever.

Advens will continue to suck, unless you can get a lvl 1 gringo ofc .. but that would require no real life n probably being divorced if one did :p
That's yet to be seen, I hope this is just the start of a deep series of battle fixes, and the end of ignoring the proliferation of very high leadership values with no diminishing returns to damage that causes Advents with bad luck and Tanks with 20k HP to be 2-round wonders on a tower.

Artem124

how about this.. whoever dies in battle gets rewarded a random energy/hp or combo buff as a reward.
whoever lives dosnt get anything!!!
a small gift for those offliners that lost many hours

Oddersfield

In my mind, the problem between character classes has always been the inequality in ease of getting the max. rewards and not so much the size of the max. reward itself. Bear in mind that Duelers usually don't have to gain HP for ffs whereas most tanks/advents do and therefore the latter group of players make a bigger investment in buffs than duelers simply to get their HP up. It is like a double whammy.

Do these changes actually erode the differential in ease with which Duelers and Advents can gain full XP? Or do they simply make it easier to get 6k XP for advents while half-decent damagers will be able to get 18k XP regularly?

I have an advent skilled as a damager with Union gear on one world. I am curious to see what the rewards will be there - only problem is that there are no ffs worth anything there.

asdf124

In my mind, the problem between character classes has always been the inequality in ease of getting the max. rewards and not so much the size of the max. reward itself. Bear in mind that Duelers usually don't have to gain HP for ffs whereas most tanks/advents do and therefore the latter group of players make a bigger investment in buffs than duelers simply to get their HP up. It is like a double whammy.

Do these changes actually erode the differential in ease with which Duelers and Advents can gain full XP? Or do they simply make it easier to get 6k XP for advents while half-decent damagers will be able to get 18k XP regularly?

I have an advent skilled as a damager with Union gear on one world. I am curious to see what the rewards will be there - only problem is that there are no ffs worth anything there.
its actually 0.012 per average level. so if the average is 178(2.136x6000=12816 exp)

Last edited:

Oddersfield

its actually 0.012 per average level. so if the average is 178(2.136x6000=12816 exp)

Per the Community Manager post prior: "The maximum receivable experience points has been increased by 3 times, so the max value will be 18.000".

So I used the max. Syntex said. But say in a ff it really is 6k for advents v 12k for damagers, the rewards still seems inequitable. I admit I am guessing at numbers so we will see what the real impact is down the road - but I would be pleasantly surprised if the differentials are not increased as a result of this change!

asdf124

Per the Community Manager post prior: "The maximum receivable experience points has been increased by 3 times, so the max value will be 18.000".

So I used the max. Syntex said. But say in a ff it really is 6k for advents v 12k for damagers, the rewards still seems inequitable. I admit I am guessing at numbers so we will see what the real impact is down the road - but I would be pleasantly surprised if the differentials are not increased as a result of this change!
I think another buff of per participants would be welcomed with the same method. 0.012 per participant should be easier to do.

Making the max exp 56,160.

medium forts(other than colorado, up to 28,297 if average is 178)

DeletedUser15368

I think the new exp formula could stay as it is, because it's in all of our interests to prevent multi-spam and have higher quality, but fewer battles per day, but a new performance-based daily task-list can be added, along with the daily tasks for bonds.

Example:
20 hits = 10k exp
20 dodged = 10k exp
20 hits taken = 10k exp
5 ghosts = 20k exp
A certain amount of damage = 20k exp

Etc

Admittedly it's not fool-proof and could be exploited by multis too...

RaiderTr

I mean.. As far as I know, compared to Bonds, Xp rewards are/were the secondary concern of the players.

So I do hope that they will balance Bond gaining formula too (while increasing max 18k Xp to something above 20k) , which also favors the Damagers by far.

asdf124

I mean.. As far as I know, compared to Bonds, Xp rewards are/were the secondary concern of the players.

So I do hope that they will balance Bond gaining formula too (while increasing max 18k Xp to something above 20k) , which also favors the Damagers by far.
I think they will try to get it right in the new update, so having another buff of participation would be better in my opinion. Since they already have event currency coded already, just have to use it for experience. It wouldn't be exploited by multis as the number is exponentially better the higher you go.
edit:
The reason why I want it to be above 20k exp is so that people can at least now ff rather than church build all day.

1 hour of church building with almost zero consequences gains 8k exp on average per hour. A fort fight gets you up to about 11k if the average level is 150.

if you die, that would cost 100 energy, if you live it costs 0 energy and up to 1.5 hours of your time.(which is over 10k exp)

asdf124

Can you guys change the median calculation to make it so its from both sides(attack/defense)

If its one side calculation, then one side would have the upper hand in long run. Where both is just fairish to both sides.

For example, if one side averages(current formula) 170 levels, they would gain a max of 12,240 while another sides be 130, the max would be 9360.

3k exp difference is too big, and in longer run would give one side advantage of about 1m exp if they dig each day , and if they gain the max each time.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Can you guys change the median calculation to make it so its from both sides(attack/defense)

If its one side calculation, then one side would have the upper hand in long run. Where both is just fairish to both sides.

For example, if one side averages(current formula) 170 levels, they would gain a max of 12,240 while another sides be 130, the max would be 9360.

3k exp difference is too big, and in longer run would give one side advantage of about 1m exp if they dig each day , and if they gain the max each time.
Personally I’d rather they use your opponents median!

It would completely remove the incentive to downrank low level players in favor of high-level noobs.

It would encourage more players to show up for the weaker side.

It would contribute to helping the weaker side catch up.