Feedback Merging Markets with International servers

asdf124

1) name and email has to be different - you can't merge 2 existing accounts together. You have to change email and name, if you allready have an account on .net, and your local market is moving to the international market
2) Yes, more markets will move here, hopefully another one will come this year, but its not completely planned yet :-))
Since more markets are closing, doesn't that mean our own deadworlds should close, if not much revival was made by migrating these dying markets?

DeletedUser15368

for what it's worth, every market is dying, and they are coming here to play on Colorado, because it's known amongst the West community as the world with the best battles.

The trend is very much that people are still willing to leave their characters behind and start fresh on a PvP world, which I guess shows them that they don't need to allow migrations from the dead worlds into the one world that might be profitable - they can instead force the player to start a new character, and hopefully spend nuggets on the gambling all over again.

But still, I accept that strategy, what's hard to accept is having high level accounts trapped and spread out over 13 game worlds where only one of them has PvP due to the low populations and activity levels.

The next world that opens should be a migration only world - where we take one of our old accounts from a dead world and give it new life.
Alternate each year between a fresh new world, and a new migration world - give the new worlds time to breathe before 75% of these new-world-njubs move on and 25% of them stop playing because the world they just spent a year grinding on suddenly died because a new one opened. It might give the njub worlds enough time to establish and become long-term, rather than a slow-speed-world that lasts for 1 year and then doesn't close.

Migration World time can also be when other markets are merged into .net, with the choices being Arizona, Colorado (with SP/AP buying enabled because it doesn't matter anymore), and the Migration World.

Last edited by a moderator:

panos-the-best

It is the time of the year that new worlds open in almost all markets. So, in greek market M world opened and I was (not) surprised about how low number of players have registered, not playing actively. I did a research in the other markets also, and here re the results of the 5 lower attended worlds that opened in October (markets opened in May their new worlds are not included).
Consider that those numbers are 1 week after the world open, with DoD event on which means that those numbers include bots/players that just registered for 1 day to check activity/ " event traders".

MARKETPLAYERS IN NEW WORLD PLAYERS IN PREVIOUS WORLDNUMBER OF WORLDS
Spain17820358
Portugal18013007
Slovakia22530137
Netherlands10312948
Greece978677

Any thoughts?
For me it indicates the thing we (players) already know. No new players come in game and the majority of those who play, are not interested in investing every year in new characters. They cannot afford or have time to maintain so many characters. And actually thats normal, we are not the 15-20 year old teens that we had planty of time and energy for gaming.
So, is this the end of opening new worlds every year? I mean, even if someone wants to play from the start because he is a new player, what is he going to do? Play in a world with other 10 active people and wait for migration from the first year of the server?
OR 10-20 people spending money in new worlds DoD are enough to keep that thing going?

panos-the-best

Unfortunately, it's not up to us, it's something HQ assesses. DK and SE worked on being migrated for almost 5 years before they succeeded.
Things are different now than 5 years ago though. We know that Inno is super slow in decisions like that, but they must make and exception for once.
The last servers opened in those markets indicate that something has to be done. And now that Inno has already done it for 2 servers, it is easier than 5 years ago.
I know it is not on you to decide something like that, but if that numbers on world openings are not enough for Inno for at least a survey, I really don't know what is.

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
Things are different now than 5 years ago though. We know that Inno is super slow in decisions like that, but they must make and exception for once.
The last servers opened in those markets indicate that something has to be done. And now that Inno has already done it for 2 servers, it is easier than 5 years ago.
I know it is not on you to decide something like that, but if that numbers on world openings are not enough for Inno for at least a survey, I really don't know what is.
Personally, I couldn't agree more, and I know there is work being done to add more language options to the system here at .net.
The reason why it was DK first was that there were less active players in total than there were on Huston here before the closure. DK was a test to see if everything worked, and when the small problems were solved, SE was also moved forward, as I was also responsible for this market, and could thus help to refine the migration guides before other markets are moved - who it will be and when, however, no one knows, and most likely the language choice in game will probably come before further migration, I think ... these are primarily my own thoughts

Clever Hans

Personally, I couldn't agree more, and I know there is work being done to add more language options to the system here at .net.
The reason why it was DK first was that there were less active players in total than there were on Huston here before the closure. DK was a test to see if everything worked, and when the small problems were solved, SE was also moved forward, as I was also responsible for this market, and could thus help to refine the migration guides before other markets are moved - who it will be and when, however, no one knows, and most likely the language choice in game will probably come before further migration, I think ... these are primarily my own thoughts
So how much contact do you have with HQ or only LCM has a contact with HQ?

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
So how much contact do you have with HQ or only LCM has a contact with HQ?
Both Syntex and I speak rather often with both HQ and our LCM, but it varies from CM to CM how much contact they each have with them. The contacts there come over time, participation in meetings, and general progressive activity over several years all help to open the doors there ;-)