Migrations

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
As always migration is a higher level decision than the local team.

I have no greater insight, but I would venture to guess that internal .net migration is likely to remain on hold until all currently planned cross market migrations are complete. (No. I do not know what if any additional market closures are planned)

That being said, Colorado’s special status as a limited premium world makes it a particularly unlikely migration destination to ever open. I would recommend against holding your breath for hopes of ever migrating any toon to Colorado.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
If the only thing holding Colorado back from migrations is an outdated premium concept, then we must change Colorado.
Well once again I have no special insight to this subject.
That said, I am confident that migrations generally will not be opened to the most active, nor newest, world.

Colorado’s limited premium status is only one factor (though it was definitely a significant factor in the cross server Migration)

panos-the-best

We have mentioned in many threads that migration is more than important for the game. There is a very big amount of players prisoned in dead worlds that dont have the time to build a new character from scratch in a more active world. Especially now with the new level cap, if someone decides to start in Colorado for example, he will need plenty of time, even years, and money to keep up with other players.

We all know the problem, that Inno decides for every market according to some numbers that nobody is aware of and that really dont show the "deadness" of a world.

My question/suggestion to moderators and generally the .NET The-West Team:

Is it possible, with the player base help if needed, to send a formal complain - even suggestion based in numbers to those responsible for migrations??

(Of course if such activity has already taken place in the past, you can just ignore me)

DeletedUser15368

That said, I am confident that migrations generally will not be opened to the most active, nor newest, world.
Well first of all, it doesn't make any sense to open migrations to a much newer world, due to the unfairness imposed on native players - see that one person that went from World 1 to Idaho and the complaints that received.

Under ideal circumstances, I'd possibly be more inclined to agree with excluding the most active world, both because it's likely that a player already has an account on the most active world, and also to give other almost-active worlds an influx of players (players = content in a MMORPG)

We are, however, not under ideal circumstances, there's only one world currently worth playing, if you play for the PvP, and it's bleeding active PvP players at an alarming rate.
Fewer people are going to be willing to join from level 1, with 249 levels of unbalanced and non-sensical content in front of them - not getting ranked until they're level 150+, dealing with the disadvantage of missing that one tombola 3 years ago that gave the meta set for their preferred activity... stuff like that.

There may well be other factors in the migration status of Colorado, but I can't really think of any, and the only one that's ever been offered to us is the fact that it's a classic premium system.
I've never accepted this reason, since it's simply not economical to buy skill points anymore. For 100 euros you can buy 4850 nuggets = 22 skill points.
Colorado became popular because it was the fairest world available at the time - now it doesn't make any difference, because, like every other game world available, clothing is where we get almost all of our skills from.

So there's no legitimate reason to hold Colorado - currently our only hope for competitive and fun fort battles in the future - back due to a relic from the past that is completely meaningless now.
In addition to opening routes from worlds with no PvP, no market activity and no future, into almost-active worlds like Arizona. The game has changed and we need very high level accounts to be viable in PvP now. Most of us have new-generation dead world accounts just rotting away because their homeworld has died.

These trapped characters could be free content in a game completely bereathed of content.
Or they can remain as hostages on a dead game world, not allowed to leave and not having any reason to play/spend/be a part of the living ecosystem that we players create and need.

I'm sure the magic numbers in a spreadsheet that says a world can stay open knows sooooo much more than the boots on the ground.
Which relates to the management situation we find ourselves in, we have 2 CM's, neither of them played here afaik and neither of them have a clue about our community, out history, our current needs. Most of the mod team follows this pattern too.
We, as a community, can't communicate with the people that actually make decisions, we have to rely on a manager deciding that our problems are worth raising, when they don't live those problems themselves.

We certainly don't need another speed-world for actual-game-breaking gear, we need migrations.

Last edited by a moderator:

Artem124

colorado should stay a none premium world.. thats what makes it unique
but you can easily make it open for migration
inno can easily see who bought nuggets and has not
if a person never spent a penny on the game their capable of moving into colorado.. easy peasy
if someone spent money then tough luck .. your welcome in arizona ;)

DeletedUser15368

colorado should stay a none premium world.. thats what makes it unique
It's not a non-premium world to begin with, it's a world where you couldn't buy skill points, when buying skill points was still a thing people did. (it's also not unique, though it is the last of its kind here)

Now it's 100 euros for 22 skill points, and it gets more expensive each time - Just activate full premium on Colorado, because the premium types don't matter anymore, so we can have migrations. I think we all agree that migrations is one of the top priorities for this game, but no one thinks about where the players are migrating to - dead worlds are no better than where we were previously and isn't going to increase our player base. Where did all the Danish and Swedish players go?

inno can easily see who bought nuggets and has not
if a person never spent a penny on the game their capable of moving into colorado.. easy peasy
I think that's a bad criteria.

I wouldn't like the fact that I'd bought nuggets for the character premium, because I was actively participating in the PvP of a world, which means I couldn't join the good PvP world with my high level character that the people of Colorado are desperate for to join them.

You could also theoretically spend your log-in bonus on skill points, if you were brain-damaged or something, no purchase necessary.

They can't "undo" your skill point purchases and they certainly won't refund anyone.

A source at InnoGames told me they won't let people migrate there with bought skills and not let anyone originally there buy any, either don't allow migration from those worlds or just lift the buying skills restriction for everybody - this is the inside scoop on this particular issue and why I'm pushing this lately.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordy

The West Team
Forum moderator
Why don't we make a new world named 'New Colorado' and make it a premium world. Then everybody migrates from 'Colorado' to 'New Colorado'. From there allow players to migrate from other worlds to 'New Colorado'. Problem solved.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
It is not possible to open migration from a premium to a non-premium world, unfortunately. Colorado is still marked as 'best', along with always the newest server. We try to do our best from our end to keep it active, but open migration is something which is decided by higher level.

DeletedUser15368

It is not possible to open migration from a premium to a non-premium world, unfortunately. Colorado is still marked as 'best', along with always the newest server. We try to do our best from our end to keep it active, but open migration is something which is decided by higher level.
If it is technically possible to change a world from the old premium system to the new one, and I've never seen any indication that it wouldn't be, then that is what you must push to the decision makers on our behalf.
They probably arent aware that the premium systems aren't in any way important to the gameplay anymore, and we must rely on you making that case.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
If it is technically possible to change a world from the old premium system to the new one, and I've never seen any indication that it wouldn't be, then that is what you must push to the decision makers on our behalf.
They probably arent aware that the premium systems aren't in any way important to the gameplay anymore, and we must rely on you making that case.
Of course I can suggest that, but that will not change the fact that migrations will not be open just because of this, however I agree that in case we will open them, it will be an option to open also for Colorado. I cannot recall that this setting would have been changed at any point, but let's see.

panos-the-best

It is not only Colorado that could accept immigrants. Arizona for example could be a world, Fairbanks or from the newer worlds Kansas for example. Or anyway, out of the 10-12 active worlds, 4-5 of them could be chosen and other people would migrate there.

With the merge of Danish and Swedish and other markets, it is actually an opportunity to make some old worlds actually playable. But it has to be with in-market migration also. Because if you leave it for later, many people will have (and already have) stopped playing.
In my opinion, merging markets and in-market migration should happen simultaneously.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Of course I can suggest that, but that will not change the fact that migrations will not be open just because of this, however I agree that in case we will open them, it will be an option to open also for Colorado. I cannot recall that this setting would have been changed at any point, but let's see.
I’ll add that changing it will have next to no impact on the longstanding players, while it may help anyone starting from scratch catch up ever so slightly faster thus attracting a handful more.

Annie-Bell

migrations to AZ, FB, Galv, Dakota .. AZ makes sense, FB has potential to even out numbers, hope players from non .en servers are made aware of activity in worlds so not stuck on low activity worlds. Also to inno ... there are a number of worlds that have players with strong toons that kinda stuck in worlds that would really benefit teams if merged to more active worlds

Thanks latest inno group, for making April 1 re-occurring day :D

Victor Kruger

2023 is the year of the Water Rabbit, starting from January 22nd, 2023 (Chinese New Year). The sign of Rabbit is a symbol of longevity, peace, and prosperity in Chinese culture. 2023 is predicted to be a year of hope.

Translated to west language

2023 is yet another year of the Berry Picker, a symbol of longevity, peace, prosperity, boredom ... and loneliness. 2023 is also predicted to be another year of hope... because thats about all there is left .... ..

asdf124

Wasn't world 1 changed from "classic" to expanded premium?

McGregor

I think the most important thing mentioned on this thread is that the game is bleeding out players due to the management's refusal to aknowledge that some worlds are over. Having played in most of the new worlds i know for a fact that every time a new world opens, the previous ones die a little bit more. Yet some players refuse to give up on their character and stick around for an x amount of time. But they cannot and wont stay forever. At some point a world with meaningless pvp will make them quit the game.

The simple solution of merging a couple of older servers would give new life to the game itself. For example, worlds from houston-las vegas have accounts of similar strength in terms of level and gear and could make up a nice new ecosystem

panos-the-best

I think the most important thing mentioned on this thread is that the game is bleeding out players due to the management's refusal to aknowledge that some worlds are over. Having played in most of the new worlds i know for a fact that every time a new world opens, the previous ones die a little bit more. Yet some players refuse to give up on their character and stick around for an x amount of time. But they cannot and wont stay forever. At some point a world with meaningless pvp will make them quit the game.

The simple solution of merging a couple of older servers would give new life to the game itself. For example, worlds from houston-las vegas have accounts of similar strength in terms of level and gear and could make up a nice new ecosystem
Exactly
Only one note. When you merge srrvers of similar age, it means that many players are the same. Thus, you must give more options for characters to migrate to not only one world. But this is another, more pleasant (in my opinion) problem. We still haven't reached there unfortunately.