Feedback DoD event

Ranger-Schwartz

Someone takes advantage of lower intelligence
I can't bother to KO myself every 72 hours. I have always been against losing a duel on purpose to gain advantage. We should just be able to purchase duel protection instead.

We need a new topic for that. Should be easy to implement.

people who leave themselves unprotected in the Wild West, with all these bandits running around

WOW. Jordy hitting a home run. I would buy two year's worth right now. And "poof" go the inconsiderate folks who think just because it's "part of the game" and fine by the mods/devs...makes it "ok" if someone has repeatedly asked to kindly stop negatively effecting their gaming day. Start the thread, Jordy

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
Currently after 1 week Montana shows 1152 in total .... easily subtract a few hundred who never pass lvl 5 as usual. lets say around 1k after a week. Not a great start and lots of known names in that bracket atm.

Top lvl is already 127 ( congrats btw ) with another 30 + over lvl 70, oh and the vast majority of chosen class are mostly damagers and second choice workers.. It dosnt bode well for any tanking in that environment & damage potential increase will only amplify that as time goes on.

Shows in how many greenhorns are around too higher lvl still & probably like me wondering what to choose while looking at the leaderboard and class imbalance thinking why bother being addy or soldier mincemeat with very little rewards every ff for a bunch of hiding damagers .. ..

Seriously Montana is already a worker and dueler class world ... which means im not sure what exactly for FF & world health but its got potential & i can see a silver lining for armed robbery like none other so ill be fine :up:... Just not likely to be epic FF & perhaps M really will become a berry picker world and die faster than all the rest have to date.

I hope im wrong ofc and time will tell
And I who chose soldier...but I have faith many of those duellers will go and become tanks too ;)

The main problem I see is that the people who used nuggets on day one got the best drop and the best xp set available from events. These sets will not be available for the rest of the server for another 14 months or so. They will have to settle with the second best gear. It creates a two class world. Either you have it or you don't.

As the world is likely to die quickly, I know that the nuggets I spent are most likely money thrown on a fire. But I am ok with that. I will just control myself.

Kidd Kalypso

I believe he was just asking why a knife(melee) would have the skill of shooting assigned to it. The correct answer is of course inno are full of innoits :)
I am sure it will be fixed in x amount of updates in the future.

Victor Kruger

I can't bother to KO myself every 72 hours. I have always been against losing a duel on purpose to gain advantage. We should just be able to purchase duel protection instead.

We need a new topic for that. Should be easy to implement.

Well I guess its time I made my sales pitch then...

Ive identified that Gap in the market & think an old solution brought upto date might be just the ticket. :cooln:

What you and imo every world needs Jordy is some bright spark willing to make a town and have regulators going around all the time making sure everyones tucked up, in bed properly whoever wishes or needs to be with said 72 hrs security in the bag... could even do it within an alliance, like a local service but professionally run.

Of course It would require a number of tough skinned dedicated participants to run such a service properly. A town to take on special cases and keep things moving along .. It would involve hard and dangerous work, risking their lives daily 24/7. Of course those working so hard would have to be compensated for losing valuable time & xp church building or berry picking.. .. these "Agents" would literally make no xp tucking in their clients or for that matter while out gathering new & potential customers.. Lists would be provided and times of pass out noted to maximise both service and quality.

A monthly subscription service at reasonable rates is one option, towns could take a corporate & combined one monthly fee x by the number of townies .. A community service or if preferred a fee to be transferred direct bank to personal bank... dosn't even have to be hard cash, items could be thrown in as part payment.. :up:

The cost wouldnt be much more than each subscriber or town could afford within reason and re negotiable monthly .. cancellation anytime only 72 hrs notice req and if lucky from time to time even get free further 72 hr protections provided as a promotional freebie.

We used to have services like that a long while back, some towns or players paid in the req fees but also free samples were given out to everyone quite liberally .... dont think it was ever appreciated enough back then and the industry ended up with a bad name with many misunderstood professional Agents being wrongfully labelled as mere thugs .... It hurt a lot of feelings and some even quit ..

With the digital age perhaps some automation could be incorporated & reboot the model to suit these ever more woke modern western times and lets face it... extraordinary times do require extraordinary measures ... plus new tech allows better and greater subscription options.

If there are any serious investors out there I can provide a 3 mths projection backed up with hard factual examples or tuck in rates in previous states..

Ill consider giving out free promotional samples v soon on Montana to take advantage of the coming festive season and presently running a sample test on Colorado of late trying to keep participants under 72 guard as much as possible.. its been mildly successful but room for improvement i admit . Might add a promotional code for special % discount month 1 and reduced fees ongoing for loyal customers

I have a company name already .. The Motivated Orderly Brotherhood or The MOB for short.... in our spare time we would import Olive Oil :dastardly:.... Anyways, ill be off now , ive a wedding to attend to show respect.. ... hope you liked the presentation & ill wait for the call.

Cheers

Last edited:

Bussin Boy

Ah, yes.......D....well, if you would like me to translate into an easier explanation---shooting and such skills exist in drop, experience and building gear pieces so there is some protection against bullies blasting folks who wish not be dueled. It doesnt really fully protect....but at least there is some protection. So it actually was only a "redirect" if you don't have a mastery of the game. D....D....D ;)
I'm not sure why a melee weapon would have shooting, and your explanation is pretty clear you don't understand it either. I can't tell if you're adding extra words and phrases because you want to seem smart, or are afraid everyone will find out you don't know anything... but it's ok! You can admit you don't know why it would be setup that way without seeming dumb.

Said same knife also has strength instead of mobility, but if you had just posted "because the developers didn't bother to put anything on it" or "it pairs with the fort weapon" (even though it doesn't)... instead you post nonsense trying to posture.

Bob Baumeister

and the vast majority of chosen class are mostly damagers and second choice workers.. It dosnt bode well for any tanking in that environment & damage potential increase will only amplify that as time goes on.

Not everything is about FFs. Some of the people picking workers probably did that because of the exp bonus.

The main problem I see is that the people who used nuggets on day one got the best drop and the best xp set available from events. These sets will not be available for the rest of the server for another 14 months or so. They will have to settle with the second best gear.

What makes it worse is that the DoD community awards were hand out right after the world opened. When you started an hour after it you didn't get the black chests. So even less gear for the masses of players.

Victor Kruger

Unthoughtful perhaps for the very few duellers that still remain, right? :roll:

Really ? Not so at all ... your stupid idea would affect everyone. Every single player HAS to duel, including you, many events require it, quests require it.. It would literally affect everyone negatively, thats what i meant by thoughtless :no: .... despite always having multiple options already in place. 2 which are 100% solid methods, self ko or go townless.

Or the original method of protecting oneself .. but that would take some effort so....

WhyN0t

Shooting is not ONLY for dueling you know? Some of the hardest jobs demand it. I'm not dueling with the Colombian set...
You're right, this is not a duel set and it's perfectly fine for a knife to have shooting, because many jobs require this skill.
However, some items from colombian set works well for duel in specific situatians :lol:

asdf124

You're right, this is not a duel set and it's perfectly fine for a knife to have shooting, because many jobs require this skill.
However, some items from colombian set works well for duel in specific situatians :lol:
Even if you had a level 5 colombian set and dueled, you wouldn't get over 11k experience points I think from duels.(max 225% experience bonus with experience boost) (Which is the only reason I would think you'd use to duel)

(my highest experience gained from a duel before colombian was 11k+(click here)

WhyN0t

I was talking about reflex+shooting. The shoes and the belt work well together alongside other items.

Beefmeister

"collect 100 snowflakes over 2 years for 300 exp" or something is one of the clicky events, no?

i mean the one where you collect snowballs **** from spamming 15s
i'm running out of medals and since everyone complained about getting free stuff they apparently stopped doing it this year