Feedback The Secret Project - Discussion

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
FWIW:
in regards to the randomness of the chests yes it was intended for Luck to play a large role. That helps it make a little bit less about who has more time to click.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
FWIW
In regards to crafting we are still searching for the best compromise of preventing pushing while allowing crafting to play a role. My hope is to create a special new speed server crafting chest that has a handful of the most commonly needed crafts that can be sold on the UP shop, but I I don’t honestly expect that to happen anytime soon.

In the meantime if anybody would like to send me a list of crafts and quantities that would be fair for everyone to start with I can propose those be incorporated into the next speed event.

Ektoras BOTrini

It was fun while it last, but i must point out things i didn't like.
1. LUCK!
For this kind of events, i would like to see EQUAL CHANCES for every player, but sadly that wasn't the case since we had to deal with chests and pray to INNO gods to get the set we want. Players who indeed had better luck and get desired sets earlier, leveled faster and earned more money then unlucky ones. Gap created by share luck between lucky and unlucky become too big to catch up. We should have an opportunity to buy a single chest from all events. That would create EQUAL CHANCES for all.
2. CLASSES!
This is obvious. For a event like this one classes brings unfair advantages. Mainly workers exp bonuses and duelers FF bonuses, but other bonuses may apply as well. All players should remain greenhorn, and then we would had EQUAL CHANCES for all.
3. CRAFTS!
Polishing stones, Jams, Stewed beans,Hilts, Hushpuppies, Gentlman dinners etc. gave unfair advantage for those who could craft them. Also there were a quest(s) with 5% exp potion as a reward that could only be finished with sleeping bag. No crafting if we want to create EQUAL CHANCES for all.

My 2 cents...
The luck factor applies to all games , you can't say much about that.

2) When you enter a speed server, you obviously read the announcement of the server , the rewards then choose a class accordingly what you will chase , there's no equality here , you should know first hand what you want. This is pure excuses from you mate.

3)Again excuses, Polishing stone was not possible to craft , no one had polishing stone as you need Resin from a Tonic peddler at 300 points to continue ( trading was not allowed so there you go ) Stewed beans not possible you need a pan from Blacksmith, Hushpuppies not possible as you need a knife from Blacksmith to continue from 300 points also for the Gentleman dinner so out of all this only Jam is possible to make for an extra buff for dueling. Also sleeping bag you can get from the quest Lonesome Cowboy from Maya so that's that.

Conclusion, before entering a speed server you decide what you want to chase then choose accordingly.

zvrndo

hmm So buying a vaquero/cowgirl/possible christmas set of 2019 was never an option for you. Which was 400k ingame dollars cheaper.

You gambled, someone else gambled, the chances were about 1/5'th chances(20-30%) to get paul revere.

That means for every 10000 players, only 2000 would get revere. Or each 10 tries, their is a chance only 2 were revere, So instead of not trying your luck by buying vaquero/cowgirl, you decided to take a chance, rather than bit the nail and go for vaq/cowgirl, you might have tried multiple times.

The chances were all in percentages, why didn't you take your chance with vaq/cowgirl? You'd have a higher level versus the people who actually gambled, whether they won their gamble or not. And by the time they get enough for gringo, they'd be long in an experience disadvantage.

What I hate about these events are, they are an insane time intensive events. Where the person who has the most time wins, it is completely unhealthy, and should not be endorsed.

Market would have solved your issue, but the problem is how much people would abuse it is just insane. So it was simply removed.
I had lvl3 Cowgirl buddy :D You are talking about odds, gambling etc.... that is quite opposite from my point. Luck shouldn't be the key factor!

zvrndo

The luck factor applies to all games , you can't say much about that.

2) When you enter a speed server, you obviously read the announcement of the server , the rewards then choose a class accordingly what you will chase , there's no equality here , you should know first hand what you want. This is pure excuses from you mate.

3)Again excuses, Polishing stone was not possible to craft , no one had polishing stone as you need Resin from a Tonic peddler at 300 points to continue ( trading was not allowed so there you go ) Stewed beans not possible you need a pan from Blacksmith, Hushpuppies not possible as you need a knife from Blacksmith to continue from 300 points also for the Gentleman dinner so out of all this only Jam is possible to make for an extra buff for dueling. Also sleeping bag you can get from the quest Lonesome Cowboy from Maya so that's that.

Conclusion, before entering a speed server you decide what you want to chase then choose accordingly.
Polishing stones: Granite, oil and buffalo skin. Yes there was many polishing stones in the game. Hilt: Barbed wire and beaver skin. Bayonet: Knife, leather, cotton. Hushppupies: Corn flavor, milk and eggs. No need for other profession crafts at all. Btw. I made to 501 crafting level. You can't go above that level without other people craft.

zvrndo

FWIW:
in regards to the randomness of the chests yes it was intended for Luck to play a large role. That helps it make a little bit less about who has more time to click.
So you purposely decide to not have fair and balanced event. Ok, that is good to know... now I know i wont play another one.

Matori

Polishing stones: Granite, oil and buffalo skin. Yes there was many polishing stones in the game. Hilt: Barbed wire and beaver skin. Bayonet: Knife, leather, cotton. Hushppupies: Corn flavor, milk and eggs. No need for other profession crafts at all. Btw. I made to 501 crafting level. You can't go above that level without other people craft.
only tonic can go over 300, rest crafts are blocked on 300-350

Hope Mikaelson

everything was very fun and of high quality, especially the sign with a bonus of fifteen hours more than the fast world lived. rewards for 1-3-5 place, great idea when you are not participating ^^ thanks for the work done :oops:

Vagabonden

I saw GM's online alot, which was awesome, but i really wish they would be able to give items needed for quests that you can only get from other craft than the one i picked.
This was sooo annoying trying to complete a quest and than getting STUCK because i didnt have a item i couldnt even get.

If so disable quests which demand items you can't get -.-
I know i can go use some website to tell me all about it how to finish a quest bla bla bla.
Really wanted to see how many quest i could go for but getting stuck again and again made me so annoyed.