Feedback Update 2.184

Joe Kidd

According to this, the average player on more active worlds isn't even level 150 yet, but yeah it'll be interesting to see if finding an equilibrium in battles is possible on old-generation worlds. There could also be some irony with duels, as they could devolve to getting KO'd every 2 days by someone that built a church for the last 7 years.

You nailed it lulu. This right here is why this update is going to blow up in Inno's face. Very bad foresight on their part. Honestly, it's just unfair.

kenau

from .de site:

"Howdy Cowgirls und Cowboys,

Leider verschiebt sich unser Update um einen weiteren Tag. Entschuldigt bitte diese ungeplanten Umstände.

Euer The West Team"

One more day...

Bad Billy Jack

Poor inno they have gotten themselves into quite the pickle. They are currently suffering from a TRIFECTA of CHAOS!

1) The West 3.0
2) Opening M world
3) DoD EVENT should be starting in beta

Please make sure your flight trays are in their upright and locked positions. Also remember your seat cushions can be used as a flotation device. It's gonna be a bumpy ride for the next month. Enjoy!

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Poor inno they have gotten themselves into quite the pickle. They are currently suffering from a TRIFECTA of CHAOS!

1) The West 3.0
2) Opening M world
3) DoD EVENT should be starting in beta

Please make sure your flight trays are in their upright and locked positions. Also remember your seat cushions can be used as a flotation device. It's gonna be a bumpy ride for the next month. Enjoy!
Who really wants to use the thing they were sitting on when the circumstances to need it have occurred?

Bad Billy Jack

LOL goober my friend! Both inno and we will get though this! I dare not try to speak for all West players but we are with you inno!

Joe Kidd

I'm mean...for real. It does seem like a concoction for deliberately blowing up the game. I'd don't see how for instance the worlds older that Las Veges will function except Colo. The rest will have such level disparity that what was already grinding to a halt will completely stop. What a mess.

ElMarlow

Some actual feedback...

Background/Motivation: New characters have always been at a disadvantage, it's an intended feature after all. However, with the raise of the level caps I have reason to believe that there is little to no motivation to start or grow a low level toon on pre-existing worlds.

Reasoning: My reasoning is twofold.
  1. Jobbing: The higher XP jobs (center sector, teepee, bonfire, church building, ...) are all locked to higher levels, prohibiting lower levels from efficiently leveling up, which leads to point 2...
  2. Fort fighting: performance is entirely dependent on skills and the experience gained is dependent on performance. As such, the amplitude will increase significantly, reducing in large part the effectiveness of low (<100) levels, especially those who are not duelists in class. As a corollary, they will receive less XP from fighting, reducing morale and reason to battle among the smaller players.
Suggestion: Goober had previously suggested flat out buffing fort battle XP, but I disagreed then and I do so again. XP should derive from performance, but scaled to the character. A level 40 hitting a level 200 is certainly more impressive than the opposite and it should be compensated as such, especially when tolerance makes it very hard for low levels to efficiently deal damage...