Feedback Harvest Time 2022

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
BTW, learned today that the 30 coins is a lifetime limit of the form each of the quests can only be completed three times ever. So, to get 30 coins over the years you’ll actually need 3 1-hit kills…

Caerdwyn

BTW, learned today that the 30 coins is a lifetime limit of the form each of the quests can only be completed three times ever. So, to get 30 coins over the years you’ll actually need 3 1-hit kills…
That's terrible news, but better to know this way, than to wonder why the other quest segments aren't coming up any more.

Beefmeister

Ok, I understand the irl part, but thats why we can gring it 15 days long. I also understand that it's boring, but nobody pointing a gun to your head and forcing you to rush the whole thing within 24 hours.

Nothing more needs to be said.

I like clicky events, I don t want them removed. Just don t do em if you don t like em. Perfect as they are

sulis

Howdy everyone,

Bring your thoughts on the event. What was the best, what was the worst, what should we think about for next time?

Your The West Team
where to buy torn peice of cloth that is needed for us who have collected all ear both rye and weat ?????

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
You can buy it from other players on the market, but we will consider your feedback about the possibility to make them purchasable from the shop.

delldell56

Ok, I understand the irl part, but thats why we can gring it 15 days long. I also understand that it's boring, but nobody pointing a gun to your head and forcing you to rush the whole thing within 24 hours. But, every time something comes into the game, instead of looking for a bright way to find new challenges, you guys are complaining 0-24 hours long. We all know how this game works, we all know that we will get clicky events, new servers, nobody will migrate from nowhere if you don't stop spending nuggets, and nobody will be able to buy union officer set again. Sometimes we have to complain, but c'mon, every single year we these clicky events, every time it is the same as before, and every time when players started complaining, nothing happened. Just leave it as it is if you dont want to sit here and grind, do other activities like care about the community on your server, dig a fort, lead a battle, beat the crap out of others in duels, or anything. Nothing gonna change about clicky events.

To be honest, I rather spend my free time to grind these craps instead of typing 10000 words / reply about why we got a clicky event, cuz from those items I can get something useful, but I won't get anything great if I just focus on typing what's wrong with the game, 10000+1 times.
Ok, as some have pointed out, the problem itself isn't that much the amount of clicking but the senseless point of it. We've had event quests when you have to put yourself to click 100x for a job that you don't expect to drop anything specific, just work 100x and that's boring but fine. The clicking also works when you are looking for something, like a key or the dirty thing for the golden revolver, or maybe gold dust. Say you want to get a rare recipe and reskill to grind Leading a Trading Office non-stop. You know the recipe will be hard to get, will likely take you a long time before you get what you want, and you can alternate 15s and 10m or 1h depending on your real life schedule. But at least you know you are getting a haul while at it and good income too, so you are sort of happy. In the clicking events though, you put aside everything else you are doing for other quests or crafting to do mostly boring, low level, low income, low luck jobs; you also know your chances are much much MUCH better going with 15s instead of longer queues, so you must keep clicking (and it's a terrible pain if you have multiple worlds), sometimes you will click 500x to get 3 something, which is frustrating when you must get 100+150+100; the event is timed, so you need to work on getting everything ASAP or you won't be able to complete it, and you also are aware that leaving it for next year will only make it more complicated because the quest items won't drop then, plus there will be another clicking event; the dropping rates are simply awful, and once you open whatever it is at the time, you know the 10 quest items inside have an even worse rate. For most of the lvl 150 players, these quests are mostly optional; but players who joined recently actually benefit from getting them done and getting the most ears/gifts as they can gather, and keep in mind that they also have to deal with wheat ears, spear ears and gifts in the same 2-3 weeks; plus do the dueling required if they want the weapons, the quests they are working on to advance in leveling or that give skills, and maybe include battles and crafting too for bonds. The only good news is that at least this year the dropping isn't limited to a few jobs, but the ears seem to be dropping on most jobs and some even on 1h jobs for daily quests, which wasn't the case in the past two years, so it seems like at the least writing our complaints served for something. Maybe, if we keep complaining, Inno will some day listen and next year improves the drop rates for both, the product and the quest items inside.

Beefmeister

@Al35ul are you sure the drop rate is the same for the gifts of the earth? just remembered you were the one that claimed that and i don't feel like logging in on beta

really hard to believe

are you sure the drop rate is the same for the gifts of the earth? just remembered you were the one that claimed that and i don't feel like logging in on beta

really hard to believe

but you said they're perfect :p

Just don t do em if you don t like em. Perfect as they are
The events are only perfect when they fit into your time window with your expectation of reasonable drop rate.

Being able to get only 10 at a time while waiting for an adventure win or a fort battle win = insanity. delldell's post is spot on.

Beefmeister

but you said they're perfect :p

it doesn't bother me a lot, but as long as i get more wheat ears than gifts and someone said that it's the same drop rate...something seems sus

what's wrong with it? you get bonds, free premium, sometimes A LOT of money, buffs...basically for free. it takes a few hours to gather them all but they're just extra to what you already get from spamming 15s jobs mid county or berry picking (cuz obviously the gifts of the earth drop on every job instead of harvest related jobs as it is specified in the quest :lol: )

if you can't spam ~8-10 hours to get all of them in 2 weeks...don't get em, nobody forces you. (since this is what bothers most of the people) if they had the same drop rate as rye ears it would be too easy to get them.

this game revolves on events and tombolas and at the rate the community complains about every single event...i really doubt anyone can be satisfied with anything and this is actually one of them that has less issues than the others.
i will risk assuming that they did listen to the feedback of the community and they did less clicky events this year, product of the community complaining...basically the community denying me getting more free stuff and releasing the content from the game that i do like just because a few noobs decided that their opinion and time matters...started talking nonsense on forums...pretty silly, huh?

later edit: what i could add about this year's event is that the quest is too long and the fort battle win requirement sucks...rest is more than achievable

Last edited:

Al35ul

@Al35ul are you sure the drop rate is the same for the gifts of the earth? just remembered you were the one that claimed that and i don't feel like logging in on beta

really hard to believe
I believe I stated the drop rate changes as you progress through the quest, which I am sure of.

aaa-van

Hello
The drop rate for the Harvest Collection Card seems very very low. I have only seen 3 in about 70 drops. How are we going to obtain the achievement with such a low drop rate? I only see Harvest collection cards on the market priced at $50,000 each. Please keep in mind that with collector cards there are duplicates so at least 15 or more collector cards are needed to be open to collect all five collector cards.

aaa-van

Hello
The drop rate for the Harvest Collection Card seems very very low. I have only seen 3 in about 70 drops. How are we going to obtain the achievement with such a low drop rate? I only see Harvest collection cards on the market priced at $50,000 each. Please keep in mind that with collector cards there are duplicates so at least 15 or more collector cards are needed to be open to collect all five collector cards.
I meant there are 2 harvest collection cards for sale which seems strange because there is usually a lot more on sale at this stage of the event.

Caerdwyn

There should be three collections. Farmer's Bag, Harvester's Bag and the new Harvest Collection Card. All three are for sale in the UP Shop for 25 Bonds/Nuggets.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
The cards will be cheaper on the market in a few weeks too.

I don't mind clicky events, unfortunately this years edition didnt give any reskill potions. On new worlds I have gained loads and loads of stuff, prem, buffs, potions etc, that makes them way worth my time. I would prefer not to have it in increments but just be able to 15-sec farm myself to them all at once.

Colin Morrigen

I have no problems with the new system ('drops in batches') as such, but IMHO it does nót
work if you insert Fort Fighting in it.
During the last days, all fort fights were full, so then one's quest is fully halted for days,
and as you cannot work ahead with finding Gifts, time runs out quickly.
And thus this becomes a multi-year quest. :-(

nexVs9

Howdy everyone,

Bring your thoughts on the event. What was the best, what was the worst, what should we think about for next time?

Your The West Team
Don't know if this is relevant, it concerns the Colcord Story questline which is running parallel to the Harvest Event, so I assumed this is the right thread to post - sorry if it isn't.
The questline requires the successful completion of an adventure, which is turning out to be a problem for me. First of all because it's very hard to actually login to one, and secondly because the same players are usually in adventures, and a couple of them are extremely aggressive towards newcomers. Yesterday I've had to report a player for their comments during an adventure, due to the fact that I didn't know how to play in the way they wanted. Chat moderation aside (since it's a different topic), do you think that under the circumstances, it would be best to let people finish the questlines without needing to participate in adventures? Otherwise I won't be able to finish this one, for instance

Colin Morrigen

Don't know if this is relevant, it concerns the Colcord Story questline which is running parallel to the Harvest Event, so I assumed this is the right thread to post - sorry if it isn't.
The questline requires the successful completion of an adventure, which is turning out to be a problem for me. First of all because it's very hard to actually login to one, and secondly because the same players are usually in adventures, and a couple of them are extremely aggressive towards newcomers. Yesterday I've had to report a player for their comments during an adventure, due to the fact that I didn't know how to play in the way they wanted. Chat moderation aside (since it's a different topic), do you think that under the circumstances, it would be best to let people finish the questlines without needing to participate in adventures? Otherwise I won't be able to finish this one, for instance
It's alas a common experience, this extreme aggression agains newcomers during adventures.
Which is why it has become a dead game element IMHO.