Feedback Harvest Time 2022

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
Howdy everyone,

Bring your thoughts on the event. What was the best, what was the worst, what should we think about for next time?

Your The West Team

delldell56

Oh dear. The greatest, lovely low rate drop clickety click event is here again. My only hope is that the interns...I mean, developers, have managed this time to put the two codes needed to change dates correctly, so it runs smoothly without the usual bugs that plague every repeatable event. And...it'll be a lot of fun for those who somehow managed to get all wheat & spear ears the past two years, and are still missing some of the quest items that they will only be able to get through laughable market prices or the bond shop.

Clever Hans

This new questline to collect the gifts of Earth is absolutely inhuman. Does this company enjoy torturing their players?
Not only that we need to click for hours with terrible drop rate but now also we can´t collect all the drops at once and need to wait for hours/days until the next quest step is unlocked.

Last edited:

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
I would suggest for further clicky events to change the drop-rate depending on the length of the job, if you do 15sec you could have the 3-5%, for 10min 10-20% and for 1h 30-50% drop chance. It would still make it difficult but would help.

This new questline to collect the gifts of Earth is absolutely inhuman. Does this company enjoy torturing their players?
Not only that we need to click for hours with terrible drop rate but now also we can´t collect all the drops at once and need to wait for hours/days until the next quest step is unlocked.
I think the "reward" is a VIP medal :rolleyes:

Click-click events need to stop. Not only are there hours of endless clicking to get the drops, then there are an additional 3 clicks to open and confirm the open process. Boring

Caerdwyn

I would suggest for further clicky events to change the drop-rate depending on the length of the job, if you do 15sec you could have the 3-5%, for 10min 10-20% and for 1h 30-50% drop chance. It would still make it difficult but would help.

I'm not really sure I'd want to spend an hour for a 30% drop chance on a single widget. 300h AND beating the odds every hour, just to get your 100 widgets seems just as excessive as what we have now.

Wouldn't it be awesome if the harvest pumpkins 0/100 dropped the 100 we need? And even then, that's still 400 clicks! At best, that's 30 minutes of brainless clicking. This is supposed to be an entertaining game?

update:

Or, 0/100 drop 10, at least!?!? Help us solve the boredom inno! Do mods give this type of feedback? I don't think they emphasize enough the frustration that is contained in these events. Players don't want to be here 16 hours a day brainlessly clicking on jobs.

Golf clap for this event......things like this just makes me want to go vacation mode. Good luck to those that are doing it.
I'm going to try for it, but several I know aren't even going to attempt quests like these.

edit - I'm not sure I'll try for it, it's not worth the frustration. I don't think I completed last year event quest either.

These quests are also why my 2 other chars are in vacation mode.

Last edited:

Dubjean

I would rather click constantly... and I do mean constantly since a drop of 3 for 100 clicks is crazy, and that's if you're lucky... than always having to beg others to craft me stuff for quests. At least the clicking is my choice and under my control, the crafting by others is not. So many unfinished quests and events due to this. I do know that many of you will craft if asked but with the lack of people online at the same time it's getting more and more difficult.

Lyrinx.

I have a question. If there's no challange in the game, most of the players want to do something, then why it is so hard to spend 3 days in peace to grind and complete the quest and this clicly event?

And what will happening when you have to do 64000x15 sec jobs for reaching 8 million exp what we will need for 1 single level in the future? I'm really curious.

Clever Hans

I have a question. If there's no challange in the game, most of the players want to do something, then why it is so hard to spend 3 days in peace to grind and complete the quest and this clicly event?

And what will happening when you have to do 64000x15 sec jobs for reaching 8 million exp what we will need for 1 single level in the future? I'm really curious.

Some people have RL and can´t stay 24/7 in front of their monitors brainlessly clicking? If I´d enjoy that, I´d also join one of these speed worlds which I definitely don´t. Clicking doesn´t require any skill, whether it´s part of the quest or not, it´s just annoying and making me want to quit the game.

Lyrinx.

Some people have RL and can´t stay 24/7 in front of their monitors brainlessly clicking? If I´d enjoy that, I´d also join one of these speed worlds which I definitely don´t. Clicking doesn´t require any skill, whether it´s part of the quest or not, it´s just annoying and making me want to quit the game.
Ok, I understand the irl part, but thats why we can gring it 15 days long. I also understand that it's boring, but nobody pointing a gun to your head and forcing you to rush the whole thing within 24 hours. But, every time something comes into the game, instead of looking for a bright way to find new challenges, you guys are complaining 0-24 hours long. We all know how this game works, we all know that we will get clicky events, new servers, nobody will migrate from nowhere if you don't stop spending nuggets, and nobody will be able to buy union officer set again. Sometimes we have to complain, but c'mon, every single year we these clicky events, every time it is the same as before, and every time when players started complaining, nothing happened. Just leave it as it is if you dont want to sit here and grind, do other activities like care about the community on your server, dig a fort, lead a battle, beat the crap out of others in duels, or anything. Nothing gonna change about clicky events.

To be honest, I rather spend my free time to grind these craps instead of typing 10000 words / reply about why we got a clicky event, cuz from those items I can get something useful, but I won't get anything great if I just focus on typing what's wrong with the game, 10000+1 times.

Last edited:

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator
I'm not really sure I'd want to spend an hour for a 30% drop chance on a single widget. 300h AND beating the odds every hour, just to get your 100 widgets seems just as excessive as what we have now.
Right now you have 5%, at least a few would drop if you queue 9h job at night, plus you chose the lower range of my suggestion. 50% would only require 200h which is 8 days or so fulltime working. You could just farm away and get them all within the timeframe.

Sometimes we have to complain, but c'mon, every single year we these clicky events, every time it is the same as before, and every time when players started complaining, nothing happened.
Then why do mods ask what can be done better if Inno is not going to change? Isn't this the communication path? Inno does X, mods ask what can be done better/what don't we like, we state what we don't like, Inno should address the issues.

Barnstable

Clicking isn't biggest issue. Useless unwanted drops are.

Every quest sees us picking up rubbish we don't want or need. Make drops tokens that you can then spend to buy what you actually want.

Harriet Oleson

Can we know on which jobs we can find the gifts of earth ? Cause in the first quest text, it's written we can find them in the related job. I thought that meant for the first quest we could only find them at "harvest pumpkins", for the second quest we could only find them in the jobs we have to work in the requirements etc. But then I queued jobs at "Laying railroad tracks" for something else. It's a job that's not related with the first quest nor even with the idea of harvest and I got one gift of the earth whereas I was still at the first quest. That makes me wonder where we can find them precisely ?

Lyrinx.

Then why do mods ask what can be done better if Inno is not going to change? Isn't this the communication path? Inno does X, mods ask what can be done better/what don't we like, we state what we don't like, Inno should address the issues.
It's not their fault, they all trying their best by colletcing all of our ideas and suggestions, but decisions happens much above them.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
I can assure you the comments here are digested and any viable suggestions are passed along.

We can emphasize the ones we as a Team feel have the most promise for improving the game and customer satisfaction, but we don't dictate the decisions about how to deploy dev resources...

Comments like ~"no more clicky events" aren't really helpful -- while it is known many players very much dislike these events, other players love them and it is fundamentally optional content. But, comments that suggest ways to make these events more palatable to the players who dislike but tolerate them offer the most potential.

For example, while I have zero inside information about the thinking behind having the drops be tied to quests, that definitely addresses a common complaint about the unfairness for people who happen to be available for an 8h click session the moment the event releases relative to others.