Feedback Duel Event

DeletedUser15368

Thanks for this magnificient event when i have right now 6 targets to duel :) sound so fun
Try looking in town's saloons for a couple extra targets. The duel window doesn't show anyone that hasn't started a duel recently, and I guess most people are either sleeping because they aren't online and it's a duel server, or on KO because it's a duel server.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
It's a duel server with suboptimal settings... if you can cancel protection after 2h there is little incentive to come out of protection except for the window of time you are going to be actively on the hunt, then go back into protection when you won't be actively hunting...

delldell56

Before tombolas, there was skill point buying. Before skill buying, there were up to 14m players, and, let's say, maybe 10% of that buying premium every 2 weeks.
It's always been monetised for PvP advantages and I'd presume much more profitable when people enjoyed playing the PvP.
Don't forget paying to reskill; paying to join towns without having to wait (a must in the game before there were markets and you had to leave your town, join another town for shopping, then come back to your town); paying to get products that would take ages to drop (we had players who would use nuggets to pay for all the products needed to build a fort, but that one worked even after a world got old); paying to bank in-game money; paying to refill your energy bar; and the favorite of all, paying to warp from point A to point B. I am forgetting a lot of other stuff, but back then buying premium was just one small reason to pay for nuggets. Remember, players were premium or were not, as opposed to now that players can be premium without spending a dime, or can buy premium stuff with free nuggets. When the tombolas became a feature but in a more reasonable fashion, they'd still spend a lot on them with nuggets they paid for. Now, most of the old whales only buy nuggets once in a while and use free nuggets to pay for premium, most of them wondering if it's time to call it quits. Also, now every time there's an event (minimum 4x a year, and something like 4 special items sale too) Inno throws a nugget sale like "10k nuggets for the price of 4k", whereas it used to be only a couple of nugget sales a year for "get double nuggets". Pretty much feels like someone happy about selling one Ferrari a year instead of 1 million cheaper cars over the same 12 months, trying not to think the buyer is unlikely to be replacing the old Ferrari with a new one the next year. Wouldn't be sure which seller traded up or traded down. Or maybe in perspective we get it.

WhyN0t

Try looking in town's saloons for a couple extra targets. The duel window doesn't show anyone that hasn't started a duel recently, and I guess most people are either sleeping because they aren't online and it's a duel server, or on KO because it's a duel server.
It does. But if your duel motivation is below 50%, you cannot see those who didn't duel in the past 30 days.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Alas, the latest attempt failed to get around the bug. When the event team is available to meet again we will discuss our options.

My proposal will be to just disable protection entirely (it uses a different game mechanic) meaning if you get KO'd you go to sleep but your enemies can still queue duels against you -- if you wake up at the wrong time you could find yourself put right back to sleep!

Please speak up if you are opposed to that alternative

Beefmeister

you guys are good at organizing events, not gonna lie. think you missed your career opportunity

6 pages of people complaining about your event...a true success :lol:

Lily of the Valley

Ex-Team Member
you guys are good at organizing events, not gonna lie. think you missed your career opportunity

6 pages of people complaining about your event...a true success :lol:
Always easy to complain , instead of understanding this is not the carreer of ppl. They do it volutarily. Just so you guys can have some extra fun. And when it's not as some ppl expected it to be, they start screaming like little kids. I believe they did everything they could to fix this, but when the game is broken, don't start complaining on the people who actually try to make something nice for everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beefmeister

Always easy to complain , instead of understanding this is not the carreer of ppl. They do it volutarily. Just so you guys can have some extra fun. And when it's not as some ppl expected it to be, they start screaming like little kids. I believe they did everything they could to fix this, but when the game is broken, don't start complaining on the people who actually try to make something nice for everyone.
did i complain? i just pointed out the obvious based on the community feedback. this actually one of the few times i just rub the wound instead of going full scumbag on anything inno (or related to inno) does, since most, if not everything, is a fail. i didn't even participate in this event but it's there for everyone to see. the 6 page topic full of derogatory commentary speaks for itself. on all the forum anyway, not only on this topic.

that's the first part of everything...

the 2nd part is, that me, as a the west player, have been posting so much feedback - on events, on how the pvp should be adjusted so the fort fights are not a fail, changes on item characteristics - and there's a variety of that, from which should be auctionable to what stats should be added or removed...and the list could go on. i even made a valid proposal for a ranking system which would completely change the game in a good way but nobody batted one single eye on what i had to say. i did that voluntarily. you know how frustrating it is to see a good proposal on forum, like the darkuletzz fort fighting event thingy, and then see people wasting time on things that don't even matter in the long run and also failing at it very much?

last time i felt that this game was interesting and not a chore with all the useless "events", was during ifbc...and i'm 100% sure lots of the more important people that do forts have the exact same opinion as me. oh, and just to add more salt to the wound, for the beauty of it, guess what: that event, on a whole different scale, had few if close to zero issues. those mods were volunteers as well (which i very much appreciate, especially Nisa), if you really wanna take that part of the argument

it's funny how sometimes a knight in shining armour pops out of nowhere to defend their friends or whatever...which weren't even attacked in my post - at least by me (as i told the other person who decided that there's something very wrong with my post, it could've been Cristiano Ronaldo managing the event, it would've made no difference...the issues are much deeper than this). as long as there are issues, you will see complaints...welcome to the real world

assumptions do create a lot of confusion so it's totally fine :lol:

at this point i don't even care anymore. i visit this forum to leave a salty comment once every few weeks, with the hope that maybe after the deep pool of complaints, one more will do something...to the very least...maybe put things in perspective OR get a reaction. even discussing it is good. whose feelings i hurt in the process doesn't really matter in the long run, at least for me.

have a great day

Last edited:

Darkuletzz

I can not duel anyone in the morning. People that are active after 9 pm server time have a very big advantage over people who are active in the morning. Everyone its 72h bug.
Next time do your job!

DeletedUser15368

I suuuuuuper agree with @Darkuletzz

omg you volunteers aren't doing your JOB, you are trying to give a dead browser game one event that isn't crap. THAT'S NOT YOUR JOB.
Maybe you're a teacher, or a firefighter or a waiter or something, that's your job, not volunteering your free time on a browser game, do your job!

And another thing, make sure more people are online at quiet times. I can't believe that in a world with less than 100 active players, you mods aren't forcing people awake and into my duel list whenever I come online (even though that was fully your intention with this game mode and have explained to us why it hasn't worked, I just chose to think it's unfair on meeeeeeeee)

now i'm off to change my nappy as I seem to have made a mess.

Lyrinx.

I suuuuuuper agree with @Darkuletzz

omg you volunteers aren't doing your JOB, you are trying to give a dead browser game one event that isn't crap. THAT'S NOT YOUR JOB.
Maybe you're a teacher, or a firefighter or a waiter or something, that's your job, not volunteering your free time on a browser game, do your job!

And another thing, make sure more people are online at quiet times. I can't believe that in a world with less than 100 active players, you mods aren't forcing people awake and into my duel list whenever I come online (even though that was fully your intention with this game mode and have explained to us why it hasn't worked, I just chose to think it's unfair on meeeeeeeee)

now i'm off to change my nappy as I seem to have made a mess.
Let's mug 'em!

L00nat33k

Well from what i get, some people can beat GMs and get their xp this way! No idea, why'd GMs interfear with gameplay?! Ok i understand they're there so you can KO yourselfe, but should be unbeatable, not that they give certain advantage to some players! Does it go any lower than that?

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
We are sorry for the inconveniences that were caused by this duel protection issue. We have tried many things to solve the problem, but the problem goes beyond our power and game developers need more time to find a solution for it. So we had the option to shut down the server or continue with this compromise. I do understand that is not the best, but still better than completely cancel the event - we have made all steps from our side to reduce the impact of the bug.

@Beefmeister regarding the suggestions for Speed Events, can you please send me a PM or a ticket with the link for actual suggestions? We will look into it and try to make for our next event.

Thank you for your understanding!

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Well from what i get, some people can beat GMs and get their xp this way! No idea, why'd GMs interfear with gameplay?! Ok i understand they're there so you can KO yourselfe, but should be unbeatable, not that they give certain advantage to some players! Does it go any lower than that?
The GMs were designed to be very difficult to beat but not unbeatable. Everyone has the same chance to try their luck and see if they can find a winning combination.

Marny

Any chance of setting our levels up to 150?

I found a lot of nice things, i'd like to wear just once :cool:

Last edited: