Feedback Independence Day Event 2022

Harriet Oleson

Is it normal that the knife and the colt in the bull's weapons set, have the exact same caracteristics ?

If yes, I don't see the point of having the knife AND the colt (and so : to buy the bull's chest). In a duel weapons set I could understand : sometimes we need a firearm, sometimes a melee weapon; according to the skills brought it could have some use. But here it's a set clearly for fort fighting, and in FF melee weapon or firearm doesn't make a difference. If exact same caracteristics, there's no need to have both ... In the end, the chest is 200 nuggets more expensive than just buying the knife or the colt + gun separately, while we'll have the exact same use of it.

delldell56

Is it normal that the knife and the colt in the bull's weapons set, have the exact same caracteristics ?

If yes, I don't see the point of having the knife AND the colt (and so : to buy the bull's chest). In a duel weapons set I could understand : sometimes we need a firearm, sometimes a melee weapon; according to the skills brought it could have some use. But here it's a set clearly for fort fighting, and in FF melee weapon or firearm doesn't make a difference. If exact same caracteristics, there's no need to have both ... In the end, the chest is 200 nuggets more expensive than just buying the knife or the colt + gun separately, while we'll have the exact same use of it.
I think that's because some players like to collect. I know some who do. But that's it.

Harriet Oleson

Yes, surely some players will still buy it, but they would also have bought it if the two right hand weapons had different bonuses lol. What I want to say is there's no point to put the same bonuses on both, except dissuading to buy the chest for non collectors, misleading the players who'll buy it without noticing, and giving a useless weapon to collectors ... But whatever. I just hope no player will be mislead by this.

drphil3

getting the named collection items, if you actually want to HAVE them and not just touch them to complete a list, is a lot harder and practically impossible in the older servers, especially if you're starting over or new to one of them.
so in that perspective, it's pretty much a moot point when discussing reworking stats. then again, that might only be MY problem.

Harriet Oleson

Just to be sure : there's no achievement with these purchases, right ? I'm wondering because with summer spirits' set, there is one if we get the 3 elements of the set.

Caerdwyn

These are the missing pieces from sets released during an event. Summer Spirits was a premium purchase; the achievement was part of that buy.

Harriet Oleson

Ah, for me it was the same : in both cases it's not a full clothes + weaps + mount set but only a separated mount or a weap set, and in both cases only in nuggets, so premium purchases. The achievement could have been something like "collect all items of the bull [or brook] weap set" or something like that.

But if you have bought the 3 weaps of one of these sets and confirm there is no achievement linked to them, that reassures me :p If you haven't bought 3 weap and it is just a guess, it'd be good to have a confirmation from the team (or from someone who did the purchase).

Caerdwyn

Going back through every event set I have, which isn't to say I have them all completed, dangit, not a single one gave an Achievement. The one premium set I bought (Fry's) has an Achievement. I believe Carribean (premium) does as well, and you confirm that Summer Spirits (premium) carries an Achievement.

So no, I'm not positive, but research counts for something, right?

I'm not going to buy either of the current Weps sets as neither will help my build, but am debating on Boswell when it gets released. You can preview Boswell on TWE and TWCalc, but it's not yet linked into the Wiki and is unlikely to ever appear in TWDb.

Alduin

JB weapon set giving total +12 flat defence, shame it being behind paywall. It is utterly disgusting and shameful. I have no other words except telling this needs to stop at once otherwise say goodbye to f2p community as with this going soon we only get useless stupid buffs on events and have to pay real money to "event sets" which are events for smfh. Behan etc animal sets was 300 gold now its 450 gold per item :D pathetic. Lets keep using zapata weapons or use cortina but dont get anything from setting traps :D

Fort battles getting worst for damagers Bull weapon set is making fort battles very different and its getting hard to this game turning to pay to win i think damagers dont need to go battles bc there is no fun for us anymore

Harriet Oleson

Going back through every event set I have, which isn't to say I have them all completed, dangit, not a single one gave an Achievement. The one premium set I bought (Fry's) has an Achievement. I believe Carribean (premium) does as well, and you confirm that Summer Spirits (premium) carries an Achievement.

So no, I'm not positive, but research counts for something, right?

I'm not going to buy either of the current Weps sets as neither will help my build, but am debating on Boswell when it gets released. You can preview Boswell on TWE and TWCalc, but it's not yet linked into the Wiki and is unlikely to ever appear in TWDb.
Actually, there is a lot of sets from events which bring achievement when we get all of their items : like Alford or siringo (in a general way, all the sets where we have to reach a streak of at least 120 or things like that). Same with Lucky Clover, which can be hardly fully won for free, otherwise it's accessible only in nuggets, or blue soccer team's set etc etc. For sets exclusively in nuggets (even if only weapon or mount sets), it's also not rare that there is an achievement with it : spirits, you confirm for Fry, there's Soccer fan's set too ... I can't tell if it's like that for all of the "exclusively in nuggets" sets or not.
But here, it's exclusively in nuggets (we couldn't win these sets at all for free in the event) : they just have the name of free sets but aren't part of them; they are independent weapons sets. I don't see how we could conclude knowing all other sets seem to be either fully in nuggets (with sometimes an achievement with them), either with difficulties to be won in events and sold afterwards in nuggets (with sometimes an achievement with them -cf. Lucky clover), either for free and never sold in nuggets but easy to win (and here again with sometimes an achievement with them lol). And here, it seems even different : clothing + mount sets as usual, and weapons sets exclusively in nuggets. I think that's a first ? In any case, I don't see a matter for a conclusion here ...

But I guess I won't have an official answer, or at least not before the end of the sale : that's a pity to not have an answer while the sale lasts only 2 days, and it's been more than 24h since I've asked my question. But well, whatever; I'm not a nuggetter, I'm only using my free nuggets so no real money involved :p. But if I heard afterwards there's an achievement if 3 weaps, I think I'll have a grudge against the team lol : cause if I want the achievement after that, I'll have to spend 450 nuggets more for the 3rd weapon, instead of 200 with the chest ...

And thanks for the information about the boswell weapon set, Caerdwyn : I didn't know there was going to be one. I think I'll pass, personally : I don't have enough nuggets for both sales :p And I think this kind of set is very usefull when you farm a lot, which isn't my case.

Caerdwyn

I looked at my Clover achievement, but discounted it because it's from St. Patrick's Day which isn't one of the "official" events. It absolutely does feel like one, though. It takes a pile of work to complete that set, so gratz to anyone who has it!

I didn't get an Achievement for Alvord or Siringo. Should I send in a ticket on that?

Harriet Oleson

For Alvord, the achievement is in Events achievement section but without mentionning the name of the set : it's untitled "Independence day 2022" and with the description "Collect all main reward items from Independence Day event 2022". We win it when we get all the items of the main set (here : Alvord). Same for siringo : the achievement is "Easter event 2022" without mentionning the name of the set. I precise all of that in case you just have looked for the names of the sets in your achivements list :p
But if you have fully completed the sets and don't have these achievements, yes : you surely should send a ticket.