Feedback Independence Day Event 2022

Victor Kruger

So defence bonus isnt about if your defending or on attack in a FF ?:blink: okayyy so... its def or att bonus is about if your being shot at or shooting at someone else no matter what side of the FF your on ? I was wondering and just assumed it was supposed to somehow to relate to addys or something.

Thats cleared that up thank you. Makes perfect Innosense :roll:

RaiderTr

its def or att bonus is about if your being shot at or shooting at someone else no matter what side of the FF your on ?
Aye.
Attack value is your hit chance no matter the side, and Defense value is your dodge chance no matter the side.

Kinda surprised that you didn't know it but hey ho :'P
The main difference we will see now is that when attackers mount, they will be super hard to kill.
Well that's usual Inno-overkill for ya.

Bill Paxton

• Internal reasons = 2 week sprint cycles.
  • game events typically revolve around holidays
  • holidays aren't on 2 week cycles
  • conclusion - don't be so set on 2week sprint cycles
It's just corp blah-blah that tries to measure 'productivity', focusing more on -ivity at the expense of the product.

I think it's rather that the deployment and / or testing strategy is build that way. And maybe how they assign the people needed for creating new events (graphics, set and quest design). I doubt these people work only on TW.

Bill Paxton

Here's a thing. The game is called The West for a reason. It's based on the old wild west in the USA, not in Germany, so July 4th is attached to it. Since it's an event referred to the independence of US, and keeping the internal reasons in mind, the release date should be the Wednesday before July 4th.
Right! Let's start and end the event on the 4th of July to make it appropriate ;) No more day of the dead or easter egg hunt either! I want to feel like a real cowboy. Yee-haw!

Jokes aside, let's face it. These events are made to entertain and to squeeze some money out of people that are vulnerable to gambling. Of course we all hoped it started early and starting it one week before would have been a smart choice. But does it really matter that much when exactly it starts? Does anyone care if the soccer event fits in any way into the timeline of the actual football tournament? Or if it fits into the western scenario at all

Alduin

I feel like hell of a damage set coming on DOTD, too much love for tanks i cant help myself but getting suspected.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
800 nuggs each weapons..... hope their bonuses wont change ;)

darthmaul99174

Yeah... Kinda crazy sets are nerfed post release with no official statement, was this just thoughtlessness? Also why nerf it when it's statistically identical to Cortina within single digits?

there is 0 chance of me spending nuggets if the value of what I'm buying can be nerfed without me even knowing after I bought them.

Any who spent nuggets to get bull should be refunded if this is the case.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Yeah... Kinda crazy sets are nerfed post release with no official statement, was this just thoughtlessness? Also why nerf it when it's statistically identical to Cortina within single digits?

there is 0 chance of me spending nuggets if the value of what I'm buying can be nerfed without me even knowing after I bought them.

Any who spent nuggets to get bull should be refunded if this is the case.
To the best of my knowledge there was no "Nerf" here. If someone spent nuggets based off the stats that were in place on Beta and ignored the stats published in the actual live-game announcement that is hardly an argument for seeking a refund.

WhyN0t

They didn't buff the Brook's dog and leash which have 2017 bonuses, they didn't nerfed the Unionist set which was OP in 2019 (and still is), but they nerfed Bull's set which has the same skills as Cortina's which is 2 years old. Why?

WhyN0t

To the best of my knowledge there was no "Nerf" here. If someone spent nuggets based off the stats that were in place on Beta and ignored the stats published in the actual live-game announcement that is hardly an argument for seeking a refund.
This set have the exact same bonus on beta, on normal servers and on the first feedback thread from beta from almost 3 weeks ago. The exact same bonus. At least the exact set bonus, because we cannot see the clothes bonus on the event post. Changes should have been announced. Remember Behan's? It was nerfed while the event was on live servers, nobody knew.

Goober Pyle

The West Team

This set have the exact same bonus on beta, on normal servers and on the first feedback thread from beta from almost 3 weeks ago. The exact same bonus. At least the exact set bonus, because we cannot see the clothes bonus on the event post. Changes should have been announced. Remember Behan's? It was nerfed while the event was on live servers, nobody knew.
If that is correct about Behan, that is ... improper (I don't know it as a fact, but I've heard enough to believe it); I don't think it should be necessary to call attention to what's different between what was on Beta and what is actually released but I will provide that feedback.

WhyN0t

You can ask other people who were attentive at that time to the behan set, they will confirm that I am right. It was changed during the event on live servers.
Furthermore, I find it misleading to post only the set bonus in the official announcement with the final sets, because the set bonus is exactly the same as before, identical, 1: 1, you can check the thread from 3 weeks ago in which feedback was requested, the set bonus is identical with the one from the official announcement. How to change only individual bonuses without announcing? Regardless of whether you did it on the day of the implementation of the event on normal servers, the individual bonuses should have been mentioned, let the world know. So, everyone saw the same set bonus, they assumed that the other bonuses remained the same. That is, if you are right, it is also very possible that they changed them a few days after their implementation on normal servers.

darthmaul99174

This should be investigated & nuggets refunded or the changes corrected now before it escalates.... EU laws on this are pretty harsh.