Feedback 14th Birthday Speed Event

Hypnosis

From the very start of the server it was like a lot GM constanly interfering in all gaming situations and constantly changing rules as they please. It remind me of a time when i lived in dictatorship country before migrating to EU. Why players can not solve their problems by themself? I`m not speaking about following rules and finding out thouse who violate them, thats ok. That what GM should do. Look for game basic rules violations and monitoring chat fro insults.
But when GM start to decide each and every aspect of gameplay, introducing overregulation with new rules almost each day - thats too much intervention i a gaming process. My opinion ofc.
I even have a conspiracy theory, that after i said to GM that i want to dig more forts, my capacity to dodge shots falled drastically, and even when i had +20% advantage in stats from other players, i started dodge less. Ofc that can be a coinsidence, but still... Is it a free world or prison simulator? Why should GM create new limitations with fort battles? It wasnt like that at the start of the event. Maybe i wouldnt have participated if i knew fort fights will be later so heavily regulated.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
I play the world even though I knew due to real life commitments I wouldn't be able to play enough to win any prize. I think the concept of store-only gear is great. I also realise this world has been created to minimize player dissatisfaction, for better and worse. Compared to previous worlds I do miss a feeling of community with only small towns and no alliances allowed.

When looking at the wins: Duelling is already over, Damage is already over, Dodging looks over, XP looks over, Adventures looks over etc. That most categories have been decided so early is a bit concerning.

Darkuletzz

Dont do the speed event in time when people are active on their servers, do them in january or summer, you kill every ff on net active servers!
And didnt receive a ****** receipe of 50 for blacksmith, its ****!!

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
From the very start of the server it was like a lot GM constanly interfering in all gaming situations and constantly changing rules as they please. It remind me of a time when i lived in dictatorship country before migrating to EU. Why players can not solve their problems by themself? I`m not speaking about following rules and finding out thouse who violate them, thats ok. That what GM should do. Look for game basic rules violations and monitoring chat fro insults.
But when GM start to decide each and every aspect of gameplay, introducing overregulation with new rules almost each day - thats too much intervention i a gaming process. My opinion ofc.
I even have a conspiracy theory, that after i said to GM that i want to dig more forts, my capacity to dodge shots falled drastically, and even when i had +20% advantage in stats from other players, i started dodge less. Ofc that can be a coinsidence, but still... Is it a free world or prison simulator? Why should GM create new limitations with fort battles? It wasnt like that at the start of the event. Maybe i wouldnt have participated if i knew fort fights will be later so heavily regulated.

As for my information we had only one changes, which was announced here. The Fort Battle policy is just an explanation and suggestion for the already existing rule, and we are looking forward for your feedback about it:
"In order to keep the ranking fair, players are not allowed to declare spam Fort Battles for the purpose to make it impossible for their fellow players to participate in all the fights. In the event of a breach (which is determined by the support team), the support team reserves the right to terminate them and leave only one, if a prior support request is received from the players. The support team may impose a penalty on any player who has participated in this activity."

We do our best to create fun event for you, changes are made based on feedback and internal considerations.

Please feel free to create a ticket and reach me out if you feel that some change would have affected you negatively and I will try my best to assist you with your issue.

Also, please note that our team has just expanded and now we have a dedicated Event Team. We are in the process of learning from feedback and creating more and more exciting events for you, and this can only be realized with your assistance. So, a huge thank you for you and everyone who is sharing their feedback about the current event!

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
"more events" is the feedback you've been hearing with every new event, click-click event, every new event world?
I was talking about local speed events - this is where we have more freedom to bring you more what you would like to see.

Beefmeister

Also, please note that our team has just expanded and now we have a dedicated Event Team. We are in the process of learning from feedback and creating more and more exciting events for you, and this can only be realized with your assistance. So, a huge thank you for you and everyone who is sharing their feedback about the current event!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

here's some feedback...stop doing speed servers at the frequency you do for the same 20 players. how about listening to it
here's some more feedback...stop giving gringos away
here's some more more feedback...take your ass to this https://forum.the-west.net/index.ph...t-fights-between-players-on-net-server.60587/ post and actually do the damn tournament cuz you responded to the topic and then immediately deleted your post after spreading fake news as you always do

szycopath

Umm... what exactly are you referring to? What rules have changed every day? The only change was related to the forts and that didn't come from GMs. Also no need to dig 12 battles every day but that's just me

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Umm... what exactly are you referring to? What rules have changed every day? The only change was related to the forts and that didn't come from GMs. Also no need to dig 12 battles every day but that's just me
I'll also note that it wasn't a "change" -- it was me making public the rules I was using to enforce "Rule 6" (the anti-spam battles rule) so that people wouldn't end up breaking them unintentionally and get into spats trying to get their opponents banned and claiming bias when it did or did not happen

szycopath

I'll also note that it wasn't a "change" -- it was me making public the rules I was using to enforce "Rule 6" (the anti-spam battles rule) so that people wouldn't end up breaking them unintentionally and get into spats trying to get their opponents banned and claiming bias when it did or did not happen

Well this sort of makes my point about why people who have blue colors should not discuss certain things in public because blue=GM for the mere mortals

Goober Pyle

The West Team

Well this sort of makes my point about why people who have blue colors should not discuss certain things in public because blue=GM for the mere mortals
I get it; yeah. The way the speed server has a "same but different" position on .net while this is the first one where the Sheriff has been around can lead to some confusion over different roles. Hopefully it will become institutionalized knowledge soon enough.

Ranger-Schwartz

i see no other thread that comes close...so sorry for posting here....but will there be a spring sale for things like deputy chef, firefighter, or any other confederate war era soldier set (ranger coughs) ?

Harriet Oleson

Ranking from Yesterday :
1. 1st RANK XP (24760)
2. pameharris8 (19625)
3. Wyatt twerp (19375)
4. gate 7 for ever (18230)
5. deneb (18150)

Ranking from today 50 mn ago :
1. 1st RANK XP (25080)
2. Wyatt twerp (19525)
3. deneb (19040)
4. gate 7 for ever (18605)
5. Point (17255)

What happened to pameharris8 ?

asdf124

btw, even if you had 50 more chances to dodge compared to other players ability to hit, you'll still get hit but a few shots less. The luck factor is huge, however, the fort bonus is even bigger than that. So if you still get hit more with both 50+tower bonus, that's insanely unlikely. 20 more chances than their aim to hit is pretty much really low imo.

asdf124

Do not forget that taking part in adventures is prohibited!

I think it would be fine if we participate in adventures if only participants are from the special server. Else, just leave so you wouldn't get banned.

Specially with the state adventures are in.(Don't think adventures are at its highest activity anymore, nor is it at its mid point.) It is unfortunately at its low point where usually its the same players again n again.(unless a quest happens, then you hear the nagging and yada yada)

Goober Pyle

The West Team
I think it would be fine if we participate in adventures if only participants are from the special server. Else, just leave so you wouldn't get banned.

Specially with the state adventures are in.(Don't think adventures are at its highest activity anymore, nor is it at its mid point.) It is unfortunately at its low point where usually its the same players again n again.(unless a quest happens, then you hear the nagging and yada yada)

We considered this but it is too likely to be disruptive in the form of excessive lobby abandonments