When clicking on towns I see a 'report abuse' button were usually the forum link is shown

Bob Baumeister

I just logged in after a longer break and noticed a blinking 'Report abuse' button on every town overview page (see screenshot). I can't see how this could be intentional.

Since others don't seem to have that problem, I suspect it's caused by reactivating my account.

I am not using any scripts right now.
Happens with firefox version: 96.0 (64-bit) and the current version of Chrome: Version 101.0.4951.64

Screenshot from 2022-05-19 20-14-33.png

Screenshot from 2022-05-19 20-26-06.png

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
That is the standard for the new reporting system; you only get access to the "town forum" button on your own town.

Bob Baumeister

I see. In that case I would have a few proposals :)

* I would remove the blinking. It's nice to see that there have been new forum messages (via the blinking) but it's distracting for a report button. It's almost like encouraging users to report whether there is a reason for it or not.

* Right now it's at a very central, highly visible place. I don't think people report that frequently. No need to highlight that function that much.

* Also it seems a bit out of place. Like I might want to report the town profile or the town name. What else would be there to report? Why not move the report button there, as a decent link or icon?