Yearly flu shots?

Tucker Blue

I only get a flu once every 5 years or so. I don't think yearly flu shots are necessary. Still I see signs in front of pharmacies all over my town. Anyone else not get flu shots? Anyone get the yearly ones?

WhyN0t

I never got a flu shot. And i am not against vaccines, but my colds have very mild symptoms and I don't see the point of vaccination.

Victor Kruger

Nope, i see no point in the flu jab unless your constitution is low or have underlaying conditions etc and thankfully thats not me ... Incidentally the flu jab its NOT a vaccine in any way shape or form. They base the yearly flu jab on best guess what strain they expect to be most widespread each year... and 8/10 years they have been wrong.

BTW if you find yourself craving bananas or an urge to climb something... you might have monkey pox ....

Tucker Blue

Seasonal flu kills 291,000 to 646,000 people worldwide each year, according to a new estimate that's higher than the previous one of 250,000 to 500,000 deaths a year.

The new figures from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other groups were published Dec. 13 in The Lancet medical journal.

The updated numbers, which do not include deaths during flu pandemics, are based on more recent data from a larger and more diverse group of countries than the previous estimate, the CDC said.

The data came from 33 countries that have 57 percent of the world's population and had seasonal flu numbers for a minimum of four years between 1999 and 2015. That information was used to create an estimate of flu-related respiratory deaths in 185 countries worldwide.

The study found that the risk of flu-related death was highest in the poorest regions of the world and among older adults.

*Open letter to Inno:

How is it that I can start a thread about this virus that kills up to 646,000 people every year, thousands of which are likely breadwinners supporting families that end up destitute yet you deleted my last thread. You know which one. It's straight up, hall of fame, top of the ballot, selective censorship. Kindly allow me to elaborate.

- Cardiovascular diseases (CVDs) are the leading cause of death globally, taking an estimated 17.9 million lives each year. Topic Allowed
- The number of smokers worldwide has increased to 1.1 billion in 2019, with tobacco smoking causing 7.7 million deaths – including 1 in 5 deaths in males worldwide. Topic Allowed
- Alcohol abuse kills 3 million a year globally, most of them men. Topic Allowed

I'm not writing this just to point a finger at you. I sincerely wish for you to carefully consider my words here today and even though the subject matter is different, the video below holds an extremely powerful idea that I believe you have forgotten.

Thank you.