Harvest time discussion thread

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
Why do I feel like the issues with Apple devices are because they are too advanced to handle old scripts :-D :-D

The west has a lot of input by keyboard sadly, so even preventing some of them will make them unusable. Chats, minimap, market, Inventory search, leaderboards, telegrams,. :-D too many i guess.

Actually, imo, the problem is the auto-scale of the game screen when keyboard pops up, not the keyboard pop up feature itself. because we need it after all.
If the game screen can stay the same (fit to the screen size) even when the keyboard pops up, then there won't be a problem playing with the current system I believe. but I wonder if that's something the browser game programmer can alter, or fixed setting from the mobile browser :huh:
I did manage to fix the auto-scaling on my phone but had to change browser and find some hidden settings. Still not pleasant using a phone...

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator
maybe one-hit duel victory should be renamed to first-hit duel victory

mnnielsen

The West Team
Community Manager
I get what you're saying, but it still doesn't change the fact that the description is at the very least ambiguous & misleading. Based on the above, wouldn't it make a lot more sense to change it to "first round hit" duel victory, instead of a "one-hit"? Or better yet, you know, throw the damn quest out completely?

I Personally would love that this sort of quests, isn't a part of the game :-D And I am advocating for this..... so far not with alot of luck :-(

Pankreas PorFavor

It is not counted as a one hit when its in the 3rd round, only as the very first hit.... I think its rather accurate, and personally I hate them

I know what is the requirement, I learned by doing it more than one year ago in beta. And the fact that you think you have to explain it for a 100th time, after the quest has been available for more than a year proves that the current description is NOT accurate.
Maybe you have too much to do and you did not pay attention to what was written previously, I'll try to explain again.
Current description of the quest requirement is "One-hit duel victory" and this is wrong. "One hit" is not the same as the "first hit" (your first hit could be in any of the 8 duel rounds), and it is not the same as "hit in the first round". "Duel victory" is not the same as "Knock out".
A precise and accurate, unambiguous description of the quest requirement would be "First round KO". With this description there wouldn't be any need for explanation because this has only one meaning. Your opponent needs to be knocked out, and it has to be in the first round of the duel.

Even that would be wrong because first hit can be in any round, and duel victory is not the same as a knock-out

DeletedUser15368

Why do I feel like the issues with Apple devices are because they are too advanced to handle old scripts :-D :-D
This is actually really funny - apple are years behind everyone else, technologically.

I honestly didn't know "one-hit" meant "first-hit" either, I guess an old dog can learn new tricks, and it should definitely be re-worded.

Bad Billy Jack

It looks like at least some of the event quest bugs have been fixed today. Go to Ghost Town, Wilson's Farm & Angus McGuffin (all 3) and you should be able to pick up at least one quest depending on where you are in the original/repeatable. Good Luck!

Harriet Oleson

The most accurate & precise description would be a "first round hit KO".
I'm clearly not the best placed to talk about english syntax/semantic lol, but turned like that (or even first round KO), wouldn't it mean it doesn't matter if we lose or win at first round, as long as there's a KO at first round ? (whether we are being knocked out or if we knock someone out at first round, the results would still be in both cases a first round KO).
If yes, for the actual requirement maybe "First round duel victory" would be more accurate ? because if our duel ends as a victory, that means we're the one winning, and if we win at the first round, that necessarly means our opponent is KO (otherwise there are more than one round).
If no, just forget my message :D

SB.access

Will there ever be a Sale with bonds for these events.. I know there is New year sale with bags and chest using bonds, but not for sale going on in the whole year.
But looking at the stats provided by these Harvester sets, it's hard to find that those nuggets price are logical. can only say that it's overpriced.

Prljavi Hari

I'm clearly not the best placed to talk about english syntax/semantic lol, but turned like that (or even first round KO), wouldn't it mean it doesn't matter if we lose or win at first round, as long as there's a KO at first round ? (whether we are being knocked out or if we knock someone out at first round, the results would still be in both cases a first round KO).
If yes, for the actual requirement maybe "First round duel victory" would be more accurate ? because if our duel ends as a victory, that means we're the one winning, and if we win at the first round, that necessarly means our opponent is KO (otherwise there are more than one round).
If no, just forget my message :D

While that's nitpicking it a little bit, it's actually a good point - let me rephrase then: probably something like "Knock out your opponent with a first round hit" would actually be a better description. :)

Dr Roth

The West Team
Forum moderator
Will there ever be a Sale with bonds for these events.. I know there is New year sale with bags and chest using bonds, but not for sale going on in the whole year.
But looking at the stats provided by these Harvester sets, it's hard to find that those nuggets price are logical. can only say that it's overpriced.
no bond sales for harvester and dont buy the harvester set. I did it and never used it, if you like resistence duelling wait for Curling set in January, much better. Harvester horse set is decent, as are the weapons.

Tucker Blue

^ worst.logic.ever.

It doesn't say one "shoot and miss", it says "one hit".
An attempted shot, is not a hit.
A hit is a hit.

If someone takes a swing at me and I dodge it, they didn't hit me!
If I dodge 7 times, and then they hit me in their 8th attempt and knock me out cold, that's a one-hit KO!

View attachment 2604

View attachment 2603

You shouldn't be wearing ANY gear if you're trying to get one hit KO'd and your opponent shouldn't be wearing ANY gear if you are trying to KO them with one hit. Also whoever is trying to get KO'd with one hit should have less 100 HP. Therefore there is absolutely no reason a "one hit attempt" should ever go past the first round.

Prljavi Hari

You shouldn't be wearing ANY gear if you're trying to get one hit KO'd and your opponent shouldn't be wearing ANY gear if you are trying to KO them with one hit. Also whoever is trying to get KO'd with one hit should have less 100 HP. Therefore there is absolutely no reason a "one hit attempt" should ever go past the first round.

And what you're talking about is an agreed-in-advance duel where both parties are aware of the above. What if you don't want to spend an hour in the saloon trying to find a person willing to do the above or if you don't want to offer 20/50/100k or buffs or whatever in order to get someone to agree (which is btw against the game rules)?

The point still stands - the quest needs to go, or needs to be worded differently if it's to remain.