W1 Goes out in Style & Listing the top rankings for the final time

Victor Kruger

Tonight W1 gets together one last time and celebrates with a final sleepy set FF gathering.... pillows and bears will be the weapon of choice and we will spend 55 rds mooching about and reminiscing like last nights Fancy Dress FF ball in the world saloon,saying our goodbyes, recanting old tales and memories of wars gone by, allies long since past, characters and players remembered, towns honoured and generally have a great time.
:lovetw: W1

We expect a turnout of around 20 or so people despite double that who have enjoyed coming to ff already migrating... W1 goes out with approx 20% of the world still coming along to the final gathering.....which is FANTASTIC proving there is no such thing as a ff dead world, only effort on the part of the players who when properly encouraged and knowing they will have fun, continue to gather in numbers to come together and enjoy an hr running about and enjoying their game. No dramas, no arguing, no raging only fun, giggles and smiles... THIS is what the game is about and I am truly honoured to have been here from the very beginning, learning the game and how to Duel in the legendary town The Shadow City which inspired me and many others to spread the word to friends far and wide...and so it began.

The west had opened up and hundreds of thousands of settlers were on their way to populate W1 and other worlds in many dimensions, all similar but never the same. The goldrush had begun and the history books would over the coming years record the taming of The Wild West. All the time W1 remained separate, classic and immune to most changes....until 2017 with the first exodus when told W1 would be wiped from the servers and closed...this proved to be false but the damage had been done and 90% of the world was diminished from its former glory. Yet a spark lived on, some had refused to leave and fight on so remained and slowly came to adapt, adjust and love the new vast spaces and occasional dueling and sporadic ff. Relative peace times had arrived to W1 and the wars had become a FF marathon of more skirmishes with dozens instead of hundreds, the final Large Fort fell to our alliance and coalition on Thus 5rd Aug 21 11:32 pm and responsibility for every county passed into our hands. Lasting peace had finally come to W1 and that is how the story of W1 ends.
With total peace and..........A truly everlasting peaceful United States . :dastardly: What a ride its been !

A record and testament to the final rankings of those who have stayed until the end and final ff gathering on what has been possibly THE best and one of the most famous worlds ever...

Special mention must be given to The Shadow City which exists today in many world dimensions,always dueling and arguably THE most Infamous original dueling town on The West.net :boone:

TSC also formed the very first proper alliance ever created, The Shadow Brotherhood - SB and went on to fight The Wests first world war vs the Meistas Empire in what we called The Shadow Meistas TW War. No forts involved just hundreds of players duelling like crazy in towns day in, day out 24/7. TSB won after a few months....and the legend of The Shadow City and its dueling prowess was born. Where tactical fighting skills and strategy were honed and insults or baiting became an art form. :'P

Below is the final W1 top 9 towns/players overall ranking and whilst it is only a fraction of the many great towns and people who have populated W1 over 13 years, most go back to the very early years and some even 2008 so deserve to be recognised and recorded here as the sun sets on W1.:up:

Towns

1 The Mercenary 265050

2 OPAL MOON SHERIFF 262237

3 ATW-Racoon City 196399

4 - Fort Guns - 133888

5 La Grange 119137

6 Tornado Alley 118541

7 Fairland Springs 115855

8 Death Valley - RR 114796

9 The Shadow City 111003

Experience

1 Adventurer Col Mortimer 150 126910338
class_adventurer.png
Goodbye World 1

2 Master of the West, gtoadie 150 118011089
class_duelist.png
- Fort Guns -

3 Veteran Miss ELKO 150 114728494
class_adventurer.png
La Grange

4 Marshall delldell56 150 109671894
class_adventurer.png
Amuse-bouche

5 Greenhorn gypsyXOXO 150 108632370
class_greenhorn.png
-

6 Innocent Child pieces001 150 105140586
class_adventurer.png
Fort of AppaLooSa

7 Pilgrim Sheriff Shaun 150 102762871
class_soldier.png
Warriors Hideout

8 Level 9 wood magician Dranged 150 102652305
class_soldier.png
SilverAngels

9 Angel of death Morgan Caine 150 100865417
class_duelist.png
COPPERHEAD CITY

Feel free to add a role call below of players and towns or memories you remember from those pioneering days. When the west was wild, there were no forts, no pants, when it took and would travel for 7 hrs from one side of the map to the other to get to a town for one duel and we didnt care one jot . :cooln:

Last edited:

Poker Alice

:up:Super nice. Sounds more like a party than a fight to the death. If some of this heart felt appreciation for the game could be spread around a little perhaps it is possible that people who have never experienced the west game could experience something like what was described too. An older game doesn't need to return to its former glory to be liked just spiced up with some new blood. New blood to spill, no just joking. With the forum being more active now and changes in the works, the future could be...

Al35ul

Thank you for the post Vic!

A special mention from me will go to foropesh777, the great founder of Opal Moon and leader of D O G S... and let's not forget hans bro and -neo-, two the greatest 0% mot duelers in The West, both with astonishing duel records.

Of course, there is one player who has made World 1 and The West a real pleasure for so many...the greatest of mentions goes to Victor Kruger! A great dueler, forter and an awesome townie who has helped The Shadow City become the greatest city in The West. With that, more special mentions go to steviefow, real of deceit, derek1982, plugger, RockNRollFun, yittak, MightyMouse2099, pjmax, Astro King, benaja and all other members of TSC. Couldn't ask for better townies!

This forum is not big enough to mention all of the great players on World 1! Hope to see you all at the saloon for a drink some day!

:lovetw:W1

1Big Chief

Great post Vic.. sure brought back many memories.. coming a long long way.
Sure is sad that it has finally come to this day.

All my real west friends were from W1.. and had the closest relations with them than other worlds.
Of course just as much b*tch*ng and misfits traitors.. back stabbers like Tom something (already forgotten) :D
But we would always recoup and eventually bounce back.. especially with the Union vs the Rock Ridge & Co
They hated us so much .. we were nicknamed the Onions Whaha.. love/hate

Anyway.. great fun we had there.. see the rest of you on Fairbanks.. where most united again.

Reyne

I was reading through some old archived forums and found this one where I was explaining the state of the alliances and their history. Some of you might get a kick out of this. The date of this posting was 19/7/13. I combined two posts for easier reading. :p

Untamed Revolution is Others and Revolution merged. DMA merged into Free Alliance and now we are The Rangers.

Union - PB [Pandora's Box] became Untamed, got disbanded by a Bad Company spy, and reformed and named themselves Revenge. Then, there is Paradise, their allies. I know there have been a lot of confusing name changes of late, but hopefully now things will settle down.

We joined Untamed Revolution, got kicked out, formed Siochan Leat. Untamed Revolution had another split. The part of them that split, along with Bad Company become Hells Cavalry (HC). Meanwhile, the rest Untamed Revolution (UR) became Corruption Cleanup (CC), while Revenge and Paradise merged to become DOGS.

In order to "help" fort fighting, they had a split and the part that split off became known as The Coalition.

Then lastly, SL had a split and Frontier United was formed.

So it was a confusing whirlwind of a time, and some became more confused, I think. Some may have even started drinking. :D It's a wonder I kept it straight myself. At one point I even referred to them as Union/Untamed/Revenge/NewNameNextWeek. :D

Classic W1. I'm going to miss you.

Laural

Oh Reyne I wish your 'sunset' post was here, like in the forum back on W1. Victor certainly sums it all up well. I remember being sooooooo afraid of Shadow City! Didn't even want to go near their county. Dueling ruled :D. It was like the Hollywood old west. I hope that we can bring some of that flavor and FUN and FEEL of the old west back to our new worlds, be they 'old' new worlds or 'new' new worlds.
THe players of the last few years have never experienced what we have... the 'role' play as the character we played in this once super cool game. The names reflected the west and the era 1869 or so. History of USA in that time helped the developers create what won game awards...twice.

Last edited:

Al35ul

Nobody mentioned RD :eek:

he for sure deserves to be mentioned in W1 history. and get a special place :)
Silly of me to have forgotten him. RD and I might have never agreed with each other but he was a great dueler and opponent.

No hit

Strike: Right arm
- 298 HP
No hit

Strike: Left arm
- 293 HP
No hit

- 291 HP
Strike: Head
- 564 HP

- 293 HP
Strike: Left shoulder
- 404 HP

No hit
No hit

- 290 HP
No hit

No hit
Strike: Head
- 530 HP

No hit
Total health points
- 1498 HP

Total health points
- 1465 HP
Roland Deschain wins the duel, gains 1425 experience and 352 duel experience. Al35ul did not carry any cash and Roland Deschain walks away without taking any money. Al35ul loses 433 duel experience.

Victor Kruger

So final day on W1. Walking about towns today, popping into have last drinks with those staying until the very end, looking around in the now ever emptying muddy streets where once gunshots often echoed down the alleys, or a call from outside the saloon where id be drinking for the night ...."Hey Vic im calling ya out here" .The gunshots still echo in my mind. So many duels, so many battles,so many fond memories...........indeed it has been a good home.

When I remember about W1 and the days when we were, younger, fiercer and trial blazing in the Old Wild West. This is the kind of vision I have if I could see my fellow players of who were here and what went down on W1............. Its been Legendary

The County forts , their burned walls, battered but strong still carry the whispers and moans of long past players and the taste of Iron mixed with the whiff of cordite in the dust that blows on the wind as I move from fort to fort, county to county and on to my favourite, Mercenary Outpost my first won fort on W1...Beyond the border stands the badlands where I spent close to 5 years in until returning last fall to W1. It has been good to be home and be here at the end of all things....This time the badlands are not calling though, there are new adventures to be had , a new world to explore and old friendships to be renewed. A new chapter is about to be opened and for this old grizzed gunhand the adventures will continue. Fairbanks here I come.

Last edited:

spankysmagicpiano

I think I have grit in my eye.

Thanks to all World One-rs. It's been my favourite world in terms of friends, co-operation and a general good feeling.
Thanks to Victor for organising the fort battles which I have tried to attend when possible.
It's been a blast. Still cut up about it now but friends from W1 who also moved to Idaho have eased the pain.

Last edited:

Reyne

I think I have grit in my eye.

Thanks to all World One-rs. It's been my favourite world in terms of friends, co-operation and a general good feeling.
Thanks to Victor for organising the fort battles which I have tried to attend when possible.
It's been a blast. Still cut up about it now but friends from W1 who also moved to Idaho have eased the pain.
Indeed, Spanky. I was just telling the gang in our chat that we just needed Vic. Didn't seem right not to have the Mercenary himself there with us. But we are bringing some added life to Idaho as well. Getting organized, finding each other. And that helps with the homesickness. We're building our towns, learning about our new world. Before long the strangeness will wear off. But the memories of world 1 will be strong within us.

Victor, that was a beautifully written tribute. Godspeed, my friend.

Laural

Truly a memorable experience that will never be forgotten. Greeting Spanky and Reyne and others in Idaho, getting the towns up and running, meeting and making new friends, all helps to keep us busy and being together with those that came along helps so very much. Will always miss those that journeyed elsewhere and those that went in another time. Will always miss that long gone era... when the west was young.

Prljavi Hari

Just want to give a shout out to Morgan Caine as one of the infamous W1 heavy-hitters - had quite a fair share of dueling visits with him back in the early years, always was an adrenaline rush.

I really was convinced as years went along that W1 would never close - always thought it'd be a perfect opportunity for Inno to earmark the server as the game's legacy.

Looking forward to catching up in Idaho!

Harsha..

I still remember the times before TW existed and most of us were playing tribalwars. World 1 opened up and there was quite a buzz on the tribalwars forums to join the new game and many players from across all worlds joined up. Unlike tribalwars. you couldn't be nobled out of the world - your friends would stick around and your opposition would still be there no matter how much you hammered them. So, world 1 was practically the first step in this game in building a really enduring community that could last more than a decade. I procrastinated a bit and wound up joining World 2 instead when it opened up. Obviously it hasnt endured as long as this world :D

I wound up migrating here along with The Mercenaries when World 10 closed down. This world was a great home and a fitting place for the mercs to set down roots and resume what we started on W10. When I returned from a long stretch of inactivity, I was pretty disappointed to see that @Victor Kruger and most of the crew were no longer playing. Great to see him back in this game :)