New Awesomia battles

DeletedUser15368

Well first of, you players are so darn fast, cant even make 1 fort fight without you running to it :-D
Anyway, as you have surely seen by now i have tried something new.

THIS MEANS:
The next upcoming fort fight will ONLY be for adventures and duellers. And for both sides.
As always there will be rewards to both sides no matter the winners or looser.
But since so many of you have wanted to play, i have come up with this solution to see if it could work in "reducing" the attendance to the fights, or at least even it out for said classes.

This will also be a way of maybe change the rewards giving, and making them more character specific. As an adventurer, you might not need a duel motivation buff, but more a luck drop chance buff ;-)
So with this, a first battle test. I hope you like it, and please give me all your feedback you can, this way i can cater and chance stuff in the future to maybe make more weekly-ish fort fights.

So, firstly, Thank You for actively managing the community, and for trying out a new configuration.

- I am not sure there be enough time in the tombola to even have the 2nd battle with the other classes? If not, then maybe delay the experiment in the interests of fairness to the other 2 classes (+Greenhorns). The fighters will still get fireworks, even if you don't add additional ones.

- Having all 4 classes is important to the quality of the experience.

- Reducing attendance is kind of the opposite of what we want in battles, bigger = better in all regards, but it's understandable to a degree because the battle over-fill on colorado and you aren't experimenting with numbers (yet). Events at Awesomia is the only way we can have full large battles these days, even if they are smaller in maximum numbers than battles from just a couple of years ago, it's still the most fun battle type.

- In 2021, your character class and your playstyle generally don't have anything to do with each-other, tombola gear is what matters, sadly.

- I look forward to more GM battles :boone:

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordy

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
I am looking forward to prove how utterly useless Adventurer Character Class is with this battle, especially in comparison with Duellers. :roll:

Maybe our CM wants to make Adventurers better Class but he needs to prove how bad they are first!

DeletedUser15368

Just for info to you all. No fireworks are being giving in the upcoming fight.

And i know you all want a big fight, but for now, this is a test to see how a fort fight can be done. Later, i will try to change the numbers possible in a fight.
We get attendance fireworks, and we get extra if we die in the battle, can you turn that off for the GM battles?
If so, then that's great, I withdraw my complaint about that.

And i know you all want a big fight, but for now, this is a test to see how a fort fight can be done.
This is cool, though having too few fighters for the size of fort is pretty bad, so it will be interesting to see if we get small or medium numbers with a split playerbase. Also, the sides won't be equal if it's massively under-filled.

Later, i will try to change the numbers possible in a fight.
We are blessed.

I am looking forward to prove how utterly useless Adventurer Character Class is with this battle, especially in comparison with Duellers. :roll:
Tanks are dead, long live the crits and ghosts.

RaiderTr

First of all;
We get attendance fireworks, and we get extra if we die in the battle, can you turn that off for the GM battles?
(Ps. Dying gets you double)

Now..
I like .Net getting some action we have been waiting to get for years but there could be issues with "Class specific battles"

I mean..
Duelers + Adventurers maybe can beat their counterparts but..
Soldiers + Workers versus themselves.. Simply not possible.

I mean, sure, people usually joins such GM Dig battles for extra rewards.
Including the people who doesn't like Fort Battles to begin with.

But still there are FF fans and, they still will care about winning.
You can't Rank, you can't put up Topics and since it is owned by GM town and can't be conquered..
It defeats the competition purpose for them.

Btw, as it happens, we don't have enough players to fill 2 battles at the same time.
So it hurts the attendance and all.

RaiderTr

So I believe the main focus should be to encourage people to join the Fort Fights first.

And that goes through making Attacking a fort viable again.
Since it's almost impossible to conquer one for about half a year.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to create an account in one of the active servers and watch the battles as a spectator.
(If you didn't already :roll: )

Because I get the feeling that you should learn a bit more about them :'P

magwai the akeoj

And i know you all want a big fight, but for now, this is a test to see how a fort fight can be done. Later, i will try to change the numbers possible in a fight.

I think it's a great idea to have it class specific. The only problem is that on new worlds, such as Kansas and Road Runner, the majority of the players are workers.

Also, I am not sure if it's about having a "big fight" or just a balanced fight. You have have 30 vs 30 and have a really good fight, depending on how the classes are balanced on each side (and their gear).

NovaStar

Just for info to you all. No fireworks are being giving in the upcoming fight.

wait...no fireworks during the last 2 days of the independence day event??? :D

RaiderTr

Crazy is better than nothing at all though :'P
After years of copy-paste CMs.

But right is right, wrong is wrong.

lordofwouldham

there is only 1 way to get more to attend forts dug by players rather than inno. you need to make it like advents and give points for fort battle that can be traded in for a new set like the outlaw set. this would make more WANT to do forts rather than just to have some where to sleep. A few regular fort fighter attend the forts we dig on dakota but not the number we used to get. this is my thought what do others think many thanks lordofwouldham

Pankreas PorFavor

there is only 1 way to get more to attend forts dug by players rather than inno. you need to make it like advents and give points for fort battle that can be traded in for a new set like the outlaw set. this would make more WANT to do forts rather than just to have some where to sleep. A few regular fort fighter attend the forts we dig on dakota but not the number we used to get. this is my thought what do others think many thanks lordofwouldham

I can only speak for myself, of course.
awards, points, sets - none of them attracted me to adventures. I never completed the outlaw set, I probably never will. I just don't have fun playing them, and no amount of points, buffs, chests can make me spend my time on an adventure. usually I wait to have 2-3-4 quests in line that require playing an adventure, and then I play one to get all 2-3-4 quests completed.
very often you need to wait for hours to get 6 players to join an adventure? players from all .net worlds join the same queue, and it's so hard to find 6 players that want to play an adventure at a given time? to make the calculation simple - if we have 600 players on all .net worlds (I guess that's not too far from the truth?), that would mean that you need 1% of players to start an adventure. and that's next to impossible some times. just goes to show how many people actually are interested in this part of the game...

on the other hand, I joined thousands of fort battles. I got some bonds, a bit of cash, some event currency... nothing important. what IS important are hours and hours and hours of fun interaction with other players! working together as a team trying to win a battle, joking in chat, discussing about different strategies, etc.
no other reward can be compared to fun that you have when playing a game. and that, sadly, is missing right now. not just in FFs.

RaiderTr

just goes to show how many people actually are interested in this part of the game
Well..
Yes, and no.

Adventures is an incomplete Alpha stage game feature that is more P2W than other PvP parts of the game. Also more toxic mainly because of that.

I hear lots more people liked them when they were against NPC (Bear)

DeletedUser15368

none of them attracted me to adventures. I never completed the outlaw set, I probably never will. I just don't have fun playing them, and no amount of points, buffs, chests can make me spend my time on an adventure.

ozvFWGY.png

@lordofwouldham has a point, though, there's zero advantages to taking a fort, their only purpose is to have fort battles with. I know it's very unlikely that a Fort Currency will be introduced, but I think it would be brilliant.
You could get a decent fort set just by playing battles, not having to rely on all the literal gambling as the only mechanism for character improvement.

Also: Regarding the poll on the other thread, there aren't many who are interested in Adventures, but for those few, it would probably make their game so much more fun if there was a kind of "league", that's actually a great idea, but I still wouldn't play them personally :lol:

RaiderTr

We still wanna win the battles tho.

It just they aren't balanced..
Certain play style have big advantage over other(s) and be over-rewarded.

Apart from the fact that winning an Attack is almost impossible.

Many people stopped playing them and then the game.

RaiderTr

Regarding the poll on the other thread, there aren't many who are interested in Adventures, but for those few, it would probably make their game so much more fun if there was a kind of "league", that's actually a great idea, but I still wouldn't play them personally
Well some markets give nuggets every week for certain stats (Dodge Damage etc)
But game isn't balanced for all 4 classes, play styles and premium vs non-premium to begin with.

So it would only cause.. issues.. to say the least.

canufeelit

Certain play style have big advantage over other(s) and be over-rewarded.

Disagree with you here
Any character has a good influence on battle outcome if skilled, and many ways to skill
Beside workers that is
Gear is the decider
And nuggs ofc

PS i get bonds from dodging not nuggs