updating old items/sets - OUTLAW set

unknownA

Hello everybody,

Inno has been revamping old items/sets for quite sometime. And I'm really happy that they are doing it.
For me, the most iconic set is the outlaw one. I do not know if Inno has plans to revamp this one too, but I do think this one should get updated. I think outlaw set should be majorly buffed and should be really relavant also in fort fighting. Not the best set for FF's, but one tier under / close to best in slot gear.

Why?

Because I think it would really help the game and it's activity. The only way to get outlaw gear is through loot boxes (and ofc bandit chests), so it would ''force'' people to play adventures - game mode that is almost dead. They would spend more time in the game grinding the gear, which I assume it would take a few dozens of hours. This would be a bonus for Inno. The more time you spend in a game actively playing, more eager are you to spend real money at sales/tombola.

Not everyone's favourite game mode, I know. You also might say, you have people that have tons of loot chest hoarded - that is true. But some might not sell them, some might want the updated set for themself, some did open the chests immediately after they got them. But there are people who would want it, me included.

Stats

Now this is a long shot, but I did think about this for quite some time. This is what I imagined:

I wouldn't want people to upgrade the items to L3 or L4. I also don't really want people to mix the set with other sets, summer spirits for example. I'd encourage them to upgrade the set to L1 and that's about it. I've got a simple solution for that.
Simply remove all the skill points from the items. Leave the attribute points and fort bonus. Make it so all the SP are gained through set bonus and make it that way you'd wanted to wear all 10 pieces (for 9 pieces the set bonuses are significantly lower). I also think fort bonuses should be on items only.

Example

If we are looking at level 150 character with all 10 pieces. I'd make every item 10 STR, 10 MOB, 10 DEX, 10 CHA, 1 FORT ATTACK & 1 FORT DEFENSE. Upgraded it's 2 FORT ATTACK AND 2 FORT DEFENSE (the only reason why would you upgrade to L1).
With 10 items that is 100 STR, MOB, DEX, CHA and 10 FORT ATTACK AND 10 FORT DEFENSE (20 if upgraded). 100 in each AP is kinda a lot, but I'd lower total SP gained.
The overall stats I'd love to see are around 700-800 HP, 400 LEADERSHIP, 500 HIDING & TRAPS, 500 DODGING and you could also throw in some useless SP's like shooting/swimming etc. like the old version.
I wouldn't touch gun's damage, at best I'd add a better scaling, from 2.1 to 2.2 but even that I think it's an overkill.

Overall

I think overall stats are not too great and can be rivaled with Livingston set. It's a good fortfighting set and also a good adventure set. 20 attack and defense on upgraded version shouldn't be too much, since in adventure you can get a better combination and in FF's I think 20 defense the right amount and extra 20 attack gives tanks that extra hit chance they been yearning for.
Please comment your opinions/suggestions, I'm open for a discussion.

Kind regards, UA

Thanatoss

Isnt the outlaw set supposed to be a duelling set? In my mind the outlaw set sounds better with the following stats:
+Str/mob/dex/cha
+Vigor/shooting/hp/aim/appearance and maybe tactics and horseback riding

There are also a lot of old sets that they can rework and make good for fort fights

unknownA

If you make assumptions from the word outlaw only, then it would make sense to be a dueler set.
But it was meant to be an adventure set, i guess. Stats were thrown randomly and with that you could also use it for FF.

Why I want it to be FF set? I'd like to have one set, that is not gained from tombola. One set that you can grind if you don't have the money or you are new to the server/game. By being a FF set would also helped adventures to feel more alive, since a lot of people would desire a FF set.

And to argue, there is ton of dueling sets out there. This year we got two already and with Inno chaning vanilla items, you can also upgrade those (good example are sandals and fancy felt hat). FF sets are a bit more ''complicated'' than dueling/church sets, since the set should also have either a resistance, fort attack/defense or sector damage.

Truth to be told we all know The West is pay to win game. I'm not denying it. Far from that, I admit that I'm also part of the problem. But I do want to have 1 grindable FF set that can somewhat compete with the pay2win sets there are in the game.

Would really love to hear feedback from game devs, if this is possible or if they have any similiar plans.

Thanatoss

Dont worry about the sets. If they want tomorrow they can make a new set that is only available from adventure market. 95% of updates is for sets in this game. I know outlaw set i have it.
But making a FF set available from adventures doesnt make much sense does it? If they finally make a market for ff then it would be nice to have sets obtained from there.

Ranger-Schwartz

the outlaw set is for adventures. the only reason to revamp the outlaw set is to "up" the attack / defense numbers for adventure players. Which is fine. But that would be the reason for inno to update that set. I'm guessing the person wanting this set updated has a bunch of pieces of that set and plays adventures.

unknownA

the outlaw set is for adventures. the only reason to revamp the outlaw set is to "up" the attack / defense numbers for adventure players. Which is fine. But that would be the reason for inno to update that set. I'm guessing the person wanting this set updated has a bunch of pieces of that set and plays adventures.

That is very ignorant to say. Outlaw set was THE best allrounder set, in 2014 was the best experiance set, gave 3% more exp than others. Also was top 4 tank set. At the time either you went deadwood dick, bob dalton, pure hp with vanilla items or outlaw, which was slightly worse than other three, but still very viable (it also had the best sector damage). And this is how I want the outlaw set to be revamped. Not the best set, but a very good alternative.

I guess you also didn't read my suggestion, that I wouldn't want people to upgrade it. Also with the suggestion I made, I get more stats with boatswain gear + cortina so the ''meta'' would stay the same. The gun is also suboptimal since it's scaling and base damage is low.

Ranger-Schwartz

I 100% agree with Thanatoss and lulumcnoob. It's totally not ignorant to assess the facts. Fact-the outlaw set (like the hombre set and other old sets) had its day. It takes courage to play adventures. Getting free pieces of a bygone set like outlaw because you play lots of those is admirable. Keep hanging in there, adventure player.

Last edited: