Dueller class needs to nerfed.

• Thread starter Bucksnort Hawkins
  • Start date

Al35ul

However, staff do have the ability to organize events (and possibly open event worlds), and it's disappointing that they haven't used any tools at their disposal so far in that direction.

The two servers where I have seen the most amount of event worlds/special events are .NL and .DK.

I played both servers ( and I still do on .DK), and one of the only reasons why they have a higher number of such events is because the players base is incredibly low.

NL, at this point, can possibly get 1000 (ish) players on their event world from all of their worlds combined, and more than half will lose interest half way through the event.

.DK has probably the smallest player base out of all servers ,with about 20-50 active players on each of the 3 active worlds.

What everyone seems to forget is that the majority of EN mods are volunteers who have real,busy lives, and they cannot dedicate hours upon hours (because that's how much it takes to create and run an event world) on a computer game on what is ,possibly, the largest server in terms of player numbers. Having players yell and point their fingers at you is more stressful than most think.

DeletedUser39379

NL, at this point, can possibly get 1000 (ish) players on their event world from all of their worlds combined, and more than half will lose interest half way through the event.
1000 (ish) needs to be 100 (ish), but fair point overall.
(e.g. when there was a FF event there were around 80-100 active participants (https://prnt.sc/pfocw4))

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

What everyone seems to forget is that the majority of EN mods are volunteers who have real,busy lives, and they cannot dedicate hours upon hours (because that's how much it takes to create and run an event world) on a computer game on what is ,possibly, the largest server in terms of player numbers. Having players yell and point their fingers at you is more stressful than most think.

With all due respect, the original point of this thread had nothing to do with the creation and implementation of special server events. I'm well aware of the difficulties imposed on the volunteer staff.

But since you recognize that the EN servers are popular, how can we ask the developers or any Inno developer to look at the current game mechanics for fort fighting and evaluate whether a revision is required. There seems to be at least a few players here that agree some form of action or investigation into this problem is worthwhile. Considering your own admission elsewhere that the Forum is lacking in participation in general, to see as much activity on a topic must indicate some validity.

RaiderTr

Well it has gone off-topic but lets make it clear that I was not talking of "Event Worlds" nor was he specifically.

I mean, there are so many "Dead" servers on .Net anyway, courtesy of Inno opening servers every year and stretching all even thinner.

We had FF Event once, with so high participation, and feedback was mostly positive, yet there hasn't ever been its 2nd.
Let alone any other event.

Also, German servers always have some events and better rewards in all things.
For example; during Independence Event they gave out Fireworks boxes with Battles too. And Container box contest was easier and better timed.
Is it because they have small player base too eh?

Last edited:

Al35ul

With all due respect, the original point of this thread had nothing to do with the creation and implementation of special server events

It was a point brought up by someone and I responded to it.

Also, German servers always have some events and better rewards in all things.
For example; during Independence Event they gave out Fireworks boxes with Battles too. And Container box event was easier and better timed.
Is it because they have small player base too eh?

The whole of Germany is under CET, that means that it's much much easier for German moderators to settle ,for instance,on a time when everyone can be online and work on the event or etc.

The same applies to the player base, having a whole server under CET is much easier to organize. Whereas in .net's case,an international server, time and date are a huge difficulty since we have players from lots of different time zones, and while we can make a portion of the players happy,the rest will remain unsatisfied.

And whilst you do make a good point,the .net player base is not divided 50/50 into ,say, two time zones,it is much rather small portions that make up the whole of the server. So whole we can make ,for instance, 40% of those players happy, others will be forced to stay up late or wake up bright and early to be online...or of course participate as an offie, but then again what's the fun in being an offie when the current state of forts are as they are

RaiderTr

That.. doesn't seem like a valid excuse, sorry..
After seeing that FF event on Awesomia being overfilled almost on all servers.. and having positive feedback, mainly.. (https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/civil-war-feedbacks.58358)

So instead of making majority happy, choosing the no-one-happy option?
I mean it's truly clear that "Prime" time for pretty much all servers is around 10 PM, more or less. But sure, u could pick different hours every time (wish Travelling fair was like that too).

Also it's not only in-game events. Forum events also a thing.
Sure we have some but man that Independence one truly sucked and only 3 "random" people gets picked in all events.. (Believe that also effects the participant numbers)

Last edited:

DeletedUser

You have advanced.
TonyMelony shot at you, but missed.
*Hatschi has hit you for 2249 damage.
as7 has hit you for 1367 damage.
Purple Annie-Bell shot at you, but missed.
james a grey shot at you, but missed.
DRTDIMA shot at you, but missed.
Mdm Azella Danai has hit you for 2625 damage.
Tom Marvolo Riddle shot at you, but missed.
Bad Billy Jack has hit you for 569 damage.
Corava baka shot at you, but missed.
Shaun Riley has hit you for 307 damage.
qazxcbb has hit you for 459 damage.

That's 7576 damage or 52% of my total HP

Round 20 has begun, the next round begins in 59 seconds.
You shot at Shaun Riley, but missed.
as7 shot at you, but missed.
james a grey has hit you for 2779 damage.
DRTDIMA shot at you, but missed.
Mdm Azella Danai shot at you, but missed.
Tom Marvolo Riddle has hit you for 2405 damage.
vrooooom shot at you and you passed out!

That's 5184 damage or 36% of my total H
P

So in two rounds I lost 88% of my total HP which is all I had to begin with.

I need someone with some contact with the devs of The West to explain how this is a fair mechanic and how this can possibly be considered balanced.

Thank you.

DeletedUser15368

052af68464.png

DeletedUser

I'm not going to name names but yeah that's pretty much the response I got. I've already emailed/contacted people at Innogames directly today. I'm going to regularly send emails to them until someone responds.

Harsha..

What everyone seems to forget is that the majority of EN mods are volunteers who have real,busy lives, and they cannot dedicate hours upon hours ....

Hire more staff then.

I don't have a clue why the larger .net servers have the same number of staff as the smaller .nl servers. If your restaurant is large and the existing wait staff is overworked, you hire more people to ensure customer satisfaction stays high. That's basic common sense for any business. It doesn't even have to be permanent staff, hire temporary staff from among the veteran players to help run events and event worlds. I'd be happy to volunteer if needed.

RaiderTr

Well as much as I'd love to bash them for their inno-competence and excuses, there is still this "OPEN" application :p

But yea, we didn't only talk about an Event server.

Last edited:

asdf124

Well as much as I love to bash them for their incompetence and excuses, there is still this "OPEN" application :p

But yea, we didn't only talk about an Event server.
Its open cause truly, who wants to work for innogames with this much of not being able to do?

I feel like their isn't enough developers more than enough moderators. So, more staff in moderation will help the progression of the game how exactly?

I keep looking at the roadmaps of these years. How much percentage has been finished? Oh wait, last roadmap was in 2015...... Wait, what? :O

It just means not only the players are disappointed by roadmaps, but some moderators at the time are too. Cause they never get half done.....

And exactly why they don't get released anymore? Guess to not promise and never deliver.

DeletedUser15368

Well you see, there's no roadmaps because they stopped developing the game. They moved to community feedback based updates and then stoped doing that too in favour of whatever quest etriel felt like adding that week, and now we're here... where the rules are made up and the feedback doesn't matter.

There was probably only about 1 decent application for the mod position too. But yes a better idea would be to recruit world leaders on a temporary basis to help with battle events on their particular world(s). I wouldn't want to moderate but wouldn't mind doing event stuff for Idaho if it's the only way to get a fort battle event going before the world dies.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

Pretty much, sadly. And company seems to be fine with it, as long as they get some profit.
Although they don't even Advertise The-West anywhere anymore either.

But well, hope is the poor man's bread :D
But yes a better idea would be to recruit world leaders on a temporary basis to help with battle events on their particular world(s). I wouldn't want to moderate but wouldn't mind doing event stuff for Idaho if it's the only way to get a fort battle event going before the world dies.
Yes! Temporary/Permanent Event Mods!

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Pretty much, sadly. And company seems to be fine with it, as long as they get some profit. Although they don't even Advertise The-West anywhere anymore either.

But well, hope is the poor man's bread :D

This game is truly making a turn towards its final days. 2009-2010 is mythical time at this point. This game had a unique spirit back then. That's all been sold away now. Apathy and greed are all that remain.

Enjoy Jaurez while you can. Grab on the last vestiges of that old spirit. This is all only going to get worse and then Inno's solution will be to sunset the game.

Cheers.

DeletedUser15368

This game is truly making a turn towards its final days. 2009-2010 is mythical time at this point. This game had a unique spirit back then. That's all been sold away now. Apathy and greed are all that remain.

Enjoy Jaurez while you can. Grab on the last vestiges of that old spirit. This is all only going to get worse and then Inno's solution will be to sunset the game.

Cheers.
Join us on the Classic West thread, crapposting memes for a better version of the game from 10 years ago.