Better Opening Time for Travelling Fair?

RaiderTr

Can't it just be opened at Midnight server time (aka Daily reset time) as well?
It's just too late but it's already filled until the morning (for the most part) .

I just can't get to dump the (most useless, yet tons of) products sitting in my inventory for ages now, cause they always already are maxed there somehow.. and its annoying..

Last edited:

Apelatia

Amen to that. Rather than a set time, a random start time that changes every time the fair arrives would be fairer I feel. With it this way, I have no hope of getting the 7k products achievement unless I stay up until 2AM every night whenever I think the fair might come around. As you can probably imagine, I'm not prepared to do that. Am amazed I've managed to get the final construction achievement as is :D

Deleted User - 4122905

I agree, I have so many products that I need to dump, and I always miss it because there are no announcements, and no specific starting time

DeletedUser39379

Annoying problem yeah. Maybe another solution would be to increase the amount of products needed to build the circus and/or cap the amount of products 1 person can bring in 1 circus. For example max 10-20% per person, because even with random starting time 1 person that sees the Circus first can fill it all by him/herself.

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

Annoying problem yeah. Maybe another solution would be to increase the amount of products needed to build the circus or cap the amount of products 1 person can bring in 1 circus. For example max 10-20% per person, because even with random starting time 1 person that sees the Circus first can fill it all by him/herself.
Why not both? Increase amounts of products and percentage base. Also, the bond yield too

Dubjean

The fair is fully constructed and filled in some worlds within 2 hours. It took me months to do the fair quest in a new world and the time wasn't horrible for me. Changing the time isn't going to change that it will be filled quickly, and random times will just let others fill it fast. A cap could be put on how much products could be donated to the fair so that many have the option of collecting the bonds for it vs a few. The fair could also be larger so that folks are also able to have a chance at the construction part of the quest.

Miw

And to think, the fair used to need a lot more supplies to be built. Some people complained about it being impossible to get enough of certain rare items, and it was then changed into what it is now, able to be finished in a single day... :)

Harsha..

Annoying problem yeah. Maybe another solution would be to increase the amount of products needed to build the circus and/or cap the amount of products 1 person can bring in 1 circus. For example max 10-20% per person, because even with random starting time 1 person that sees the Circus first can fill it all by him/herself.

Wish I could double-like this :p

Apelatia

A product increase would be good, as well as different starting times. I'd be against a cap, as that 7,777 products achievement will become even more impossible to achieve.

DeletedUser39379

A product increase would be good, as well as different starting times. I'd be against a cap, as that 7,777 products achievement will become even more impossible to achieve.

That doesn't have to be the case. Let's say they multiply the products needed by 4 and add a cap that one person can only donate 25% or 33% of the products, then getting achievements like 7777 products won't get harder.

DeletedUser35101

While at it... "gifts" that we drop in fair from spins also need change in drop chance value.

Old v1 items have much higher chance to be dropped than items added in v2 of fair. Atm i even don't remember when was last time i even saw any of clown items in possible prizes.... and chance to drop it must be like 1 in billion....

Also v1 products can be sold on market, while v2 products cant be sold on market.... though v1 "strengthening" items aren't even used by player of lvl 5 in game and can be removed completely from fair!

DeletedUser15368

I legit forgot that having to build the travelling fair was a thing, that's how quickly it gets built and how seriously outdated the feature is - But it's still near the bottom of the "Order the consequences of our game design choices should be fixed in" list for me.

DeletedUser35101

I legit forgot that having to build the travelling fair was a thing, that's how quickly it gets built and how seriously outdated the feature is - But it's still near the bottom of the "Order the consequences of our game design choices should be fixed in" list for me.

You forgot?!?! o_O
But building fair is connected with so many achievements and is also connected to building rankling points for players! ...thought i don't think placing products has affect to this "construction of fair in ranking", just pure construction of fair affects it, but ones that studied this or checked or will check now will correct me ...never the less... it is most likely also one of reasons why it gets build so fast (sometimes in like 3 to 4 hrs since it gets opened on some of worlds)!
------------------------

Maybe construction (yes pure construction, not talking about products) needs a revamp also... something similar on how "world prizes for collecting XY item for tombola events" are depended on number of registered / active players on world. And needed construction points right now be elevated on some worlds based on it's active base so more people have at least chance to set 1 hr of construction during a first day of fair is opened...

Don't forget, there is also 2 repeatable quest each time traveling fair is opened... one for placing 5 products into the fair and one for expanding fair by 10 construction points
Btw... what / why (is) expand traveling fair for 10 points?! Shouldn't there than be option if we want to set construct of fair for 15 / 30 min or 1 hr or something like that....?!?! Same as other jobs!
ATM we only have option to set 1 hr of traveling fair construction... and player of lvl 150 in 1 hr with no clothes or skills for construction in 1 hr can do over 100 construction points!
EDIT: [if you accepted the quest and didn't finish, next time fair opens even if you hit complete you will not receive new quest from sheriff.... it is a thing with this traveling fair quests same as town cinema quests... and imo this both should have same re-acceptable option as any daily quest we have] END OF EDIT

SPEAK UP HOW MANY OF YOU logged in late on your day and saw that Traveling fair is up and you set 1 hr of construction of T fair (since you can't choose less) to do quest from John the Sheriff and just few minutes before you finished your job you saw that fair is fully built and you wasted your time.... though you don't get notification about job canceled until your full hr of job is finished

....................................Scroll up to see my complaint about Traveling fair prizes which are also very unfair and so misplaced in chance of winning them

Enjoy....

Last edited by a moderator: