Your body or not?

Tucker Blue

Let me make this very clear. Although i have an opinion on whether abortion is right or wrong, this is not the thread to discuss that. This thread is to focus exclusively on the #1 reason given by women who chose to abort a pregnancy. In doing so i will present a unique perspective i guarantee you have not heard and have not thought of yourself, no offense meant to anyone's intelligence. i doubt anyone would disagree that the #1 reason is, "It's my body, I'll do whatever I want with it." Which is a statement i believe strongly in and will defend to my dying day.

So, the fetus is part of their body huh? Why? Let's examine the role of a human fetus from the exact moment of conception. i'll put this in bullets to make it easier.
- It was introduced to your body from an outside source.
- It will attach itself to an organ and feed off the nutrients you put in your body.
- Likewise it will be harmed by any poisons you put in your body.
- If not removed, it will continue to grow until most likely the host would die.
Part of your body still? Great.

Now let's examine the role of a tapeworm from the exact moment of infection.
- It will attach itself to an organ and feed off the nutrients you put in your body.
- Likewise it will be harmed by any poisons you put in your body.
- If not removed, it will continue to grow until most likely the host would die.
Oh wait, that tapeworm isn't part of your body? That's a foreign entity?

Why? It does exactly the same thing as a human fetus. So why would it not be considered "part of your body"? And if you do not believe it to be a part of your body, a fetus cannot be either thus negating the #1 reason altogether.

Pankreas PorFavor

So, the fetus is part of their body huh? Why? Let's examine the role of a human fetus from the exact moment of conception. i'll put this in bullets to make it easier.

no, it was not. it has 50% of the DNA of the mother, wth are you talking about?!

continue to grow until the host dies if not removed?! that's just nonsense. removed?! the act of birth is "removal of a fetus"? wow.

Oh wait, that tapeworm isn't part of your body? That's a foreign entity?
Why? It does exactly the same thing as a human fetus.

no, it does not. did they not teach biology in your school, or did you just not go to school?

So why would it not be considered "part of your body"? And if you do not believe it to be a part of your body, a fetus cannot be either thus negating the #1 reason altogether.

I agree, your perspective is unique. it makes no sense, and it's ignoring basic facts, but yes, it's unique.

asdf124

I don’t agree with tucker, reason being is that it is potential birth with a potential miscarriage. Since god gave humanity “free choice” I would argue to simply educate people of facts and try to make them intelligent. Their whole body including their own brain is for them to think about . What is best for them and their own unborn children.

Laws shouldn’t dictate how people should act specially if it was made by a religion.

Religion told people that education was blasmephy long ago.

DeletedUser35533

I think you might have misunderstood the premise. you focus too much on the fetus part, I always saw the statement as "its my body so I will decide if I want to go through labor and all the effects that come with that or if its worth dealing with the effects of having an abortion." not as "I own this fetus/embryo". To put it simply you are taking a slogan too literally. Pankreas already pointed out how your compression fails even before reaching the fallacy stage. In most places this would be considered low quality bait, with people wondering if you are even trying. Yet since there is no audience here, I wonder if you are perhaps sincere