Day of dead stuff unavailable in Xmas bags?

Harsha..

Recently, there have been some rumors going around, that the Day of dead stuff wont come in the bags. I have heard this information from fairly reliable sources

Can someone refute/confirm this? - is there any particular reason why innogames won't want the stuff to come in the bags?

Lordwasa

The West Team
Forum moderator
Event Manager
I doubt anyone can confirm or deny this untill the bags hit the beta servers.

jarograv

The dotd stuff isn't usually in the Xmas bags. You will be able to find last year's dotd items though.

DeletedUser15368

If that's the case, then there's only 1 fort set in the whole of 2018 and it's not very good, it's actually better to go for the cheaper 2017 bags, praise Inno for the discount.

I really, really hope the new sets are available, they are too stronk and if you don't have them, forts are quite rough on the newest server, you know, the one everyone's spending their money on. Consider it premature feedback that will get ignored anyway :)

is there any particular reason why innogames won't want the stuff to come in the bags?
Everything is arbitrary.

Edit: I can't believe i've gone from "jihad against tombolas" to "i hope the new sets are available because they are too strong to be without". Jeez.

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

If that's the case, then there's only 1 fort set in the whole of 2018 and it's not very good, it's actually better to go for the cheaper 2017 bags, praise Inno for the discount.

I really, really hope the new sets are available, they are too stronk and if you don't have them, forts are quite rough on the newest server, you know, the one everyone's spending their money on. Consider it premature feedback that will get ignored anyway :)

Everything is arbitrary.

Edit: I can't believe i've gone from "jihad against tombolas" to "i hope the new sets are available because they are too strong to be without". Jeez.
The christmas set might be good. Lets cross our fingers for that :D

Pretty sure Harsha's information is bogus to make items more expensive for everyone. In the end of the path, I will still buy bags with bonds. If they aren't in em, I'll just buy the chests with bonds via going red if I have to?

Or simply buy bags with the bonds I have and wait next year.

asdf124

The dotd stuff isn't usually in the Xmas bags. You will be able to find last year's dotd items though.
Last year's DOTD items were available in the bags, excluding the cortes helmet. Spreading rumors is usually for personal gain.

WanderingStranger

Last year (2017) had the DotD sets.

https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/christmas-sale-2017.57602/

same for 2016

https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/christmas-sale-2016.57336/

besides the chests I confirmed on tw-calc that their stats show the 2016 and 2017 bags both had DotD items.

Stats for the 2015 bag also show DotD items available but I could not find a forum post.

So we seem to have a pattern of the last 2 years, if not 3, of them being available. I think the Christmas sale (in this form) has only happened 3 times so it seems like it has had the DotD items every year unless they were edited after to add them which i can not confirm. My own memories seem to be of at least 2 years having them.

jarograv

Last year's DOTD items were available in the bags, excluding the cortes helmet. Spreading rumors is usually for personal gain.
Or from poor memory of a year ago, my bad.

EDIT: Seems I am not alone in remembering this. Can't find any forum posts on it but there was some controversy here or on beta about them not being included. Or maybe this is all just me trying to influence the market to raise prices on gear I don't have ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

asdf124

Or from poor memory of a year ago, my bad.

EDIT: Seems I am not alone in remembering this. Can't find any forum posts on it but there was some controversy here or on beta about them not being included. Or maybe this is all just me trying to influence the market to raise prices on gear I don't have ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It isn't specified against you but rather whomever harsha's source is.

The excluded items were cortes helmet, juan set except hat and pat garret shoes.
source> https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/certain-items-not-appearing-in-bags.57599/
What happened afterwards was the sale and a compensation of 2 bags.(sale was individual items which were missing but on a big sale price rather than the normal prices.)

Their was collin set from octoberfest 2015 being excluded in 2015's bags. As well as nicolas toy set from that bag as well. Not sure if DOTD 2015 were in the bags or not.

DeletedUser33721

Well many of us hoped to get the set from the X-mas bags like they were included the previous years, if they were not including the set they should have said something at least so we can get the set during the event

Lordwasa

The West Team
Forum moderator
Event Manager
The dotd items are not in the bags, nor are there dotd 2018 chests available on the beta where xmas event started.
Think that may answer some questions :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

Well reading the thread on the beta forums, and the pre-emptive reactions here I think the overall player mood is pretty bloody clear :D

@kuro90 @Slygoxx You're our only hope.

I know you will have a hard time convincing Hamburg that their policies are harmful to the game, but the harsh reality is the only content left in this game are the players. Keep your content happy and stop taking arbitrary decisions to mess with the community for Christ sake.

"It's too soon after the event to make the sets available again." is apparently the reasoning (despite it being available in previous years, again with the arbitrary decisions)... Maybe if in the event, it was actually possible to complete a set without nuggets, I would say fair enough. You have players with 2 complete sets and players with 0 parts of any set at the moment. The reasoning isn't valid, maybe someone who's ever played the game should take over this part of game development :)

Last edited by a moderator:

WanderingStranger

Maybe if in the event, it was actually possible to complete a set without nuggets, I would say fair enough

Exactly. This last event screws over a big portion of the playerbase and then we get hit again at christmas it seems.

The reasoning isn't valid, maybe someone who's ever played the game should take over this part of game development

This is the only reason I can see for this decision. Players discussed the sets being in bags for the entire event all the way up until now just to find out some seemingly arbitrary decision ruined their plans and any sense of stability, fairness, and concern for their players is seemingly thrown out the window for a nonsensical reason.

Harsha..

I was one of the people who didn't wait for Xmas and got everything in the event itself, and I find this situation deeply unfair. Over all else, I believe in things being fair and there being some sort of balance between the nugget players and free ones. The new sets are way too strong and many free players won't be able to effectively compete and may end up quitting.

Unlike lulu, I highly doubt this decision was arbitrary. Innogames has planned everything really well to maximize profit. First they opened a new world, then introduced a new nugget set (lucille horse) and then they made use of the DotD event's tedious and chancy format to introduce a new OP set. This created the conditions for people to spend a lot of money on the game. Through the event many people didn't spend money because they believed that the items would come in Xmas. So, Innogames went ahead and didn't introduce them, ostensibly to send a message to the player community.

My feeling is it's possible they will introduce yet another OP set in DotD 2019, only after then will people be able to get the DotD 2018 stuff in the bags. This isn't good for the player community, but....great for maximizing profit. To force them to change this, we need something much more than just complaining to support or forum posts.

asdf124

They can easily include the sets but have it as a lower drop rate compared to other gear except a bit higher chance versus christmas set. Unless that is having a high chance to get versus gear which is older.

To be honest, having it as a lower drop rate in the christmas bag would certainly be the best option. Both, the players and innogames need to compromise on a path to an agreement. How low this drop rate shouldn't be too big that you need 100 bags to get 1 item. I haven't seen the chest statistics, so I can't say how low should it be. Let's say 1 dotd item in 5-20 bags?

While individual item prices would be:
(bribe if failed at first/2'nd chance)
25+50=75 *1.5((1.2+1.8)/2 ) =113 bond or nuggets per hat/necks.
75+100=175 *1.5(1.12+1.88/2)=263 bonds or nuggets per coat/belt/shoes
175+200=375 *1.5((1.14+1.86)/2)=563 bonds or nuggets for horsey items/pants
375+400=775 *1.5((1.15+1.85/2)=1163 bonds or nuggets for any weapon

(the weapons are too high in my opinion.) While the horsey set is too low.

Slygoxx

Unlike lulu, I highly doubt this decision was arbitrary. Innogames has planned everything really well to maximize profit. First they opened a new world, then introduced a new nugget set (lucille horse) and then they made use of the DotD event's tedious and chancy format to introduce a new OP set. This created the conditions for people to spend a lot of money on the game. Through the event many people didn't spend money because they believed that the items would come in Xmas. So, Innogames went ahead and didn't introduce them, ostensibly to send a message to the player community.

My feeling is it's possible they will introduce yet another OP set in DotD 2019, only after then will people be able to get the DotD 2018 stuff in the bags. This isn't good for the player community, but....great for maximizing profit. To force them to change this, we need something much more than just complaining to support or forum posts.
I appreciate your pessimism, but we really don't plan that way.

Harsha..

I appreciate your pessimism, but we really don't plan that way.

It's more like realistic thinking :)

From this situation, there are only two possible hypotheses that can be reached upon

1.) Innogames make their decisions with profit in mind as I described above without regard to the future of the player community

2.) The decision not to put items in the bags was actually arbitrary. This would show a deep disconnect with the player community and an inability to understand what is the best for the game

Both aren't any good. But, ofc, I do hope to be proved wrong.