New World - Idaho

DeletedUser14006

Just want to get a feel for how enthusiastic folk are for this new world before I decide if it is worth putting my boots back on.

Anyone excited and ready to start over... again?

asdf124

Since when was a world any different? It all depends on who plays the world.

More death to older worlds as peeps move to newer worlds.

It feels like a goldrush happens whenever a new world is opened.

Players time is consumed in new worlds and in the end decide to move to the new worlds. When the cycle end is beyond me.

I shall make a new character but just to see how it goes.

DeletedUser35533

only thing this will be good for is the influx of low level characters into adventures

DeletedUser14006

only thing this will be good for is the influx of low level characters into adventures

Going off topic but it saves me creating another thread, does anyone actually play the adventure mode?

Having not played for years I look forward to dueling and fort fighting again but after taking a look at adventures, it feels more like a backward step in imagination and innovation and I'd go as far to say that if I were the boss man at Inno that I would have fired who ever brought that idea to the table.

DeletedUser38915

A new state might up the respectability of the "worker" class at least until many ghost towns appear on the map?

DeletedUser39085

Well what good is new server, when there'll be tombola 14 days after start, and everyone will have gear with +200 LAbor points, 50% improved luck ... all will have same duel set and ff set ... real fun yeeeeh ... Fun would be if there wasn't tombola or sale for 1 year on new server ... maybe only +thing would be no chef stuff in ff ....

Harsha..

This new world already is having a tangible impact on the older world's. I've seen one guy on Briscoe sell off his whole inventory and delete his character because he planned to start on the new world. Another of my friends who's pretty active and digs battles actually plans to put all his toons into vacation mode and play on the new world alone. Inno should realise that there's a limited number of players with limited time and just starting a new world won't magically make more players appear, unless that world included a radically different business model.

While we're at it, I have some questions

1. What exactly is the cost to run a world? - does anyone have a rough estimate?

2. Will this new world be enhanced premium or classic?

3. Up to now Colorado was the recommended world. Once Idaho comes out, does it mean all new players will go there and CO will lose its influx of new players permanently?

DeletedUser24736

i plan to stay put in fairbanks since the first few worlds were closed and early guys (still here) had to migrate, until they make us move again. i don't see a point in moving or making a new toon when its just juggling the same thing at two different points of progress. i'll focus on maxing what i have, and filling out my endgame.

DeletedUser12669

im not too fused tbh i only have houston now, all the other worlds got binned and as soon as idaho starts good bye houston i only have the cash to run one world with full premium

PrancingPurplePony

I don't have time for another world and really don't have interest in starting over again. Only way I'd go there is if they close another world that I currently play and I have to migrate.

DeletedUser38915

I'm really looking forward to a fresh start on an empty map and do wish I could find enthusiastic people to play with.

I don't have time for another world and really don't have interest in starting over again. Only way I'd go there is if they close another world that I currently play and I have to migrate.

Can respect a concern for managing time wisely. For myself I can try to handle multiple game worlds but do agree it can get to be too much to deal with, yeah like seriously, too much man and sooooooooooo.... WE might decide it would be a better gaming experience to just put all our time energy into just one world.

Being on a new map might be interesting so I'm considering putting myself on this upcoming map and just see if it can be an enjoyable experience.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser24736

2D and 2 1/2D is where old gamers go to retire unless they're ambitious, in that case they go to professional venues and compete for money, and/or, become regulars on some fairly well known gaming related show, like the nerdist, or something more obscure.

the point is we don't expect, or demand much in formats like these, we just spend time honing our non hardcore skills, like mentoring, moderating, and sometimes just goofing around. you can do that in serious gaming too, but there it takes a back seat to actually needing to be able to play something well.

Pankreas PorFavor

I sense that it will open around the day of the dead event.

Login page says:
"Tired of your town? A brand new world will open the 17/10."

So, it's October 17. And that start with what is practically an invitation to leave your current town? Very nice, thank you Inno for inviting people to leave the old worlds. Why not just pull the plug and get this over with?