Not a bug Achievement "A very rare colt!" unobtainable

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser39072

Achievement "A very rare colt!" under Quests> Questlines requires the quest named "A shiny Golden Colt" to be completed, however even upon completing the quest and getting the reward (Shiny Golden Colt and Golden Bullet), the achievement is not obtained.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 20.19.11.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-08-30 at 20.19.11.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 8

DeletedUser35101

Achievement "A very rare colt!" under Quests> Questlines requires the quest named "A shiny Golden Colt" to be completed, however even upon completing the quest and getting the reward (Shiny Golden Colt and Golden Bullet), the achievement is not obtained.

When did you finish Shiny colt questline, Monoxi? Before or after 2.84 update (on August 28th 2018) and this achievement being added with this update?

In all worlds i have completed this questline when it got released (ofc long before this achievement update) in my Achievements it shows as questline not completed (and on one world i was first to complete it very long time ago hahaha)

But guy that completed it after 2.84 update, in his achievements it shows it as completed...

Kuro, solution to this problem isn't that all of us send support ticket and Team fixes it, there will be hundreds of tickets than. There were many other achievement that were broken on start (mostly community event ones, during events) but after Achievement was fixed, all of us had it as completed.

This indeed is bug issue that devs have to solve....

bosurker

Not the point. Why should you have to complete anything to get a done quest to show?

Innod.png

Slygoxx

Achievements aren't recalculated for everyone whenever something changes, it's a relatively expensive operation and it's just not worth it. If you really want the achievement right now you can contact us and we'll fix it for you, if you're okay with waiting a bit longer it'll be rewarded automatically once you complete other quests or achievements.

Dubjean

Achievements aren't recalculated for everyone whenever something changes, it's a relatively expensive operation and it's just not worth it. If you really want the achievement right now you can contact us and we'll fix it for you, if you're okay with waiting a bit longer it'll be rewarded automatically once you complete other quests or achievements.
I tried completing another achievement in one world to see if that one would also complete and it failed. Is it specific achievements or quests that have to be done?

asdf124

I tried completing another achievement in one world to see if that one would also complete and it failed. Is it specific achievements or quests that have to be done?
Just finishing a normal quest was enough for me.

None daily quest.

DeletedUser26820

Achievements aren't recalculated for everyone whenever something changes, it's a relatively expensive operation and it's just not worth it.

You've got to be kidding...... I'll actually say, you've got to be ****ting me, with a post like that from a Marshall level Moderator.

We are your customer base. We purchase your product.
When we hear/read/see, "......it's a relatively expensive operation and just not worth it.",

We then will inquire why you have a Beta Server to get these things worked out before rolled out to Public Servers.
It's relatively expensive? Please, Sly..... we're the paying customer base. Stop making it expensive of our time and keeping up with bugs relative to the income Inno gets.
That ratio should be 0:0, but yet the toon is advised to take time to send in a support ticket to resolve the individual issue.

I, via support ticket, maybe 6 months ago, requested this be corrected and awarded: http://prntscr.com/kqq02k.
It hasn't.
Why hasn't it been addressed and corrected? Too expensive and just not worth it??

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

Why hasn't it been addressed and corrected? Too expensive and just not worth it??
It means, he/she or someone else was given a budget. And that budget limits what he can do.

Simple, would you want the game to be running or would you want to hail the "turn back time" antiflooding freeze?

DeletedUser26820

It means, he/she or someone else was given a budget. And that budget limits what he can do.

Simple, would you want the game to be running or would you want to hail the "turn back time" antiflooding freeze?

Not sure what a "hail the turn back time antiflooding freeze" question has to do with the introduction of an opportunity for toons to downgrade gear.
But if I have to choose in your inane question of keeping the game running or "antiflooding", let's keep the game running. Hence, my proposal.
If we can upgrade gear, why not have to same opportunity to downgrade it?

That's all, asdf. Not debating with you. No turning back time or promoting antiflooding freezes. Just suggesting and promoting opportunities that every toon has access to and can equally employ.

Pankreas PorFavor

Not sure what a "hail the turn back time antiflooding freeze" question has to do with the introduction of an opportunity for toons to downgrade gear.

I think that's a "conversation" you two are having in a different thread ;)
But yeah, "it would take too much of our server's resources to recalculate the achievements for everyone" is not really an answer one would hope to hear :/ It just shows again how good Inno's developers are. We have worlds with how many players? is there one with more than 3k players? I doubt it. And checking if you have a shiny golden colt in your inventory, if yes = give achievement, if no = skip; that's "too expensive"? it should take a few milliseconds per player. even at 0,1 sec, for a world with 3k players it would be 300 secs. just stop the server for 5 minutes and run that...

Dubjean

Or why not make sure the achievement is able to be given before we get the quest... isn't that what a beta world is for? I would think that would be part of the coding instead of having every player clog up the system with requests after the fact.

Pankreas PorFavor

Or why not make sure the achievement is able to be given before we get the quest... isn't that what a beta world is for? I would think that would be part of the coding instead of having every player clog up the system with requests after the fact.

now you're just being unreasonable! :D ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.