Discussion Thread: International Gold Rush!

asdf124

How about locking the ability to do bids?

That way peeps can't cheat.

For example, I can pay 1$ fee if I put up wheat or any similar cheap item as bid pp(purchase price). And have an immediate purchase of whatever amount in immediate without paying anything more.

Edit: Edited will be underlined

Nisa

Rules are very clear and yes I do agree this part needs to be posted over and over again to avoid any possible trouble :

Market Trading: As mentioned already, we will be very strict on the market and content placed there. The market is only to be used for trading purposes which excludes the ability to transfer large sums of cash from one player to another. All items that can be placed on the market will be restricted to double the buy value only.

DeletedUser38679

Got question if i decide to participate in this event and want to go for nonpremium, if i use medals (i.e. higher income medal or similar) will that put me into premium or just if i spend nuggets ?

Al35ul

I believe that only by buying nuggets or using nuggets you would be classified as a premium player. However, seeing how the fair won't be opened, I'm not sure how one would get the medals.

DeletedUser35533

1.are shop sets as good as its going to get?
2.Do people have to use same names as here?
3. Will seasonal quests be available (x mas quests,etc) despite it not being the season?

DeletedUser38679

I believe that only by buying nuggets or using nuggets you would be classified as a premium player. However, seeing how the fair won't be opened, I'm not sure how one would get the medals.

From quests ? :eek:

Dubjean

Will bounties be allowed? I would think it's a very easy way to give someone money especially working as a team.

Nisa

Got question if i decide to participate in this event and want to go for nonpremium, if i use medals (i.e. higher income medal or similar) will that put me into premium or just if i spend nuggets ?

There wont be many medals avail, only from quest so spending nuggets only will put you into premium category.

1.are shop sets as good as its going to get?
2.Do people have to use same names as here?
3. Will seasonal quests be available (x mas quests,etc) despite it not being the season?

Shop will be open same as on any other world, bonds are ok to use.
You will register the name you want.
No.

@Dubjean : dueling is supposed to have big role in the event but players must be careful with bounties and 'arranged' duels , all things will be checked more than usual for eventual pushing which is against the rules.

DeletedUser38661

Will the server use the same formulas to calculate the town points? I do not exactly know how the duel points for towns get calculated, but the town with the most points on Houston has 6500 and on Galveston 7600. A large built fort offers around 14 000, so in the end dueling might not play a role if its weight for the overall town points is not higher.

Dubjean

Since this is for discussion and not just questions....

Reading the contest rules and prizes, it appears that if EN server wants to bring back some of those prizes then people will need to work together and not just randomly sign up without a plan. As it was stated, cooperative play is going to need to be utilized.

As Lucox said, town points are generated by forts. This means you need people willing to work together to not only have construction workers but also fort fighters who are willing to generate cash for the town since you need that to build and to dig. In this instance I could see a large town working best vs a small town since only 2 towns can be invited to a small fort and 4 max to a large. Also, do you alliance with as many EN towns as possible for this to work best?

The same with the dueling prizes. There are a few ways to go about this... you can either go for the easy points and ko construction workers and forters or as I see it, work together to neutralize the enemy (other servers) by tag teaming while trying to be the best EN dueler. If you ko someone they are unable to duel for 24 hours thereby keeping them from improving their duel points. You also gain more duel points with tougher competitors.

Even those that want to gain achievement points through quests will need multiple crafters to help with supplies since many of the quests require items made by others. This means working alone may not be in your best interest.

It's always an individual choice how you play but these are just a few of the things off the top of my head that would help improve the chances of any EN person or group to bring home any of the prizes. I don't think it's going to be as easy as just signing up and doing your own thing and being able to walk away with a prize, although I haven't thought about all the prizes just some random thoughts about some of them that came to me.

DeletedUser38661

And here I see the problem, why should any town bother to help another town to defend their fort? The only thing I can see working is that two towns work together at maximum. One town tries to go for the most point prize and the other one for the most cash price. So the "point town" pays cash to the "cash town" for their support in FF. The question is, would that be considered cheating?

Also I think the event seems to be a bit rushed? I have not seen any announcement in the German forum and the event is going to start in four days ...

In my eyes the rules about multlies need to be more specified or the first 29 days of the event won't matter for the "town with most points" category. A town could get 5+ forts just to loose them all on the last day to five attacks in a short time window. Here the players base is not big enough to support five attacks at the same time, but during the event it might be. And as is stated earlier, I think one town can only field 100 players at maximum.

Nisa

I will reply in general , not answer every question . We posted this announcement so players have enough time to think about tactic and decide which reward they will go for ( or all of them ;) ). All game features are allowed and we took into count town highscores from different worlds. Plain duelers towns are in top of the town rankings as well.

Keep in mind forts need to be fully built if you want full points. If you spend money and time and found a fort , and drop products and someone attacks it /win and delete those products will that be wasted time ? If duelers go for workers and most points wins, not most wins or most duels, will they be better to go after higher ranks. Do you want to spend town treasury for digging, esp if there are already battles on board ?

Many many more questions you would need to think about and do some planning. 2 more days left to think about it and we start on 15th :)

Forgot to remind you all of 1 thing, event is International ;)

Last edited:

asdf124

. We posted this announcement so players have enough time to think about tactic and decide which reward they will go for ( or all of them ;) ). All game features are allowed and we took into count town highscores from different worlds. Plain duelers towns are in top of the town rankings as well.

Keep in mind forts need to be fully built if you want full points. If you spend money and time and found a fort , and drop products and someone attacks it /win and delete those products will that be wasted time ? If duelers go for workers and most points wins, not most wins or most duels, will they be better to go after higher ranks. Do you want to spend town treasury for digging, esp if there are already battles on board ?

Many many more questions you would need to think about and do some planning. 2 more days left to think about it and we start on 15th :)

Forgot to remind you all of 1 thing, event is International ;)

Can you move this to quest discussion then?

That way, opposition needs to have an account to see it.

Deleted User - 4122905

Are there any changes on churchbuilding or will it be the same there? Also, is there a way for me to calculate the difficulty of a church level? For example, how do I calculate the construction difficulty of church level 782?