Crafting points?

DeletedUser34505

Can anyone explain how the statistic for diversity is calculated for crafting?

Thanks

Slygoxx

It's the sum of the square roots of the amount of items you have crafted.
So if you craft 100 of one item and 25 of another, the diversity is 15. This is the square root of 100 (10) added to the square root of 25 (5).

DeletedUser34505

Slygoxx,

I proclaim you hero of the day!
Thanks for the quick clear answer.

Cheers

DeletedUser34505

Oh, any way a player can determine how many of each item he or she has crafted?

asdf124

There is no way to determine that yourself, unfortunately.
How about a “weight level” slot added to crafting to determine that. I.E. weight level 1 would mean you have not crafted said item. Weight level 2 would mean you crafts it once. 3 would mean you crafted it 4 times. 5 would mean you crafted it 16 times.

4 would mean 9 times. Etc

Pankreas PorFavor

How about a “weight level” slot added to crafting to determine that. I.E. weight level 1 would mean you have not crafted said item. Weight level 2 would mean you crafts it once. 3 would mean you crafted it 4 times. 5 would mean you crafted it 16 times.

4 would mean 9 times. Etc

why complicate? I don't see the benefit in your proposal.
weight level 1 = 0 items
weight level 2 = 1-3 items
weight level 3 = 4-8 items
weight level 4 = 9-15 items
weight level 5 = 16(-25?) items
etc.
what exactly is the benefit of seeing "weight level = 5" instead of "items crafted = 20"? saving space on the screen for those items you crafted a thousand times? meh.

DeletedUser36192

Could just assign a weight onto the crafts you make to give a score more similar to building score/duel scores/fort etc.

- only issue would be low tier crafts might be worth 1 and if the high tiers are only given weight of 5 then it wouldn't make sense to ever craft those. That said something more respectable which takes into account hours required to get those items (as per that tw-db hours per craft calculator) for weightage could be a nifty way to do it.

Example for a tonic peddler:

Extract sulfur - estimated 12minutes to get product for this craft (1hr = ~5 sulfur drop)
this could be weighted as 1/5 because of the time taken for it

fabled antidote - estimated 46 hours 32 minutes to get products for this craft (62 products needed)
therefore this could receive a weighting of ~46.5 or so to help settle that ranking.

but idk if there's even a need for this haha

asdf124

why complicate? I don't see the benefit in your proposal.
weight level 1 = 0 items
weight level 2 = 1-3 items
weight level 3 = 4-8 items
weight level 4 = 9-15 items
weight level 5 = 16(-25?) items
etc.
what exactly is the benefit of seeing "weight level = 5" instead of "items crafted = 20"? saving space on the screen for those items you crafted a thousand times? meh.
What I meant by weight levels are points gained so far from crafting said products

Level 1=1 time
Level 2=4
Level 3=9
Level 4=16
Level 5=25
Level 6=36
Level 7=49
Level 8=64
Level 9=81
Level 10=100
Level 11=121
Level 12=144
Level 13=169 times
Etc

How would this help? Just to make you figure out what would be the best way to increase your diversity.

Pankreas PorFavor

OK, got it. It actually tells you directly how many "diversity points" you got from each product you can craft. I can see how that could help someone who tries to climb the crafting ranks :)