Buy Orders

DeletedUser14087

Proposal
Currently players can only place sell orders in market i.e: they want to sell an item in the market for a specific amount of money. My proposal is to add provision for players to place a buy order i.e:They are looking to buy an item form the market for a specific amount of money

Current Workaround
At the current state of the game if a player wants to buy something from the market and no one is selling it or someone is selling it for too much, all he can do is spam world/alliance chat, post in shared forums a or send out spam group TGs. if someone want to get a level 3 Wyatt Earp Colt Buntline they would have to do a lot of spamming

Details
*When a player is placing a sell order he is depositing the item in the market for a period of time to be exchanged for a fixed amount of cash by another player.
Similarly when a player is placing a buy order he is depositing a fixed amount of cash in the market to be exchanged for a particular item(s).

*Just like sell order a non-refundable fee will be collected from the player placing the order proportional to the amount of cash being exchanged.

*It would be ideal to show buy orders and sell orders under same tab when searching for an item in the market, but it would be easier implementation wise to add another tab

*A sell order can be in the form of immediate purchase or a bid offer, a buy order can also be in the form of immediate purchase or bid offer where item and cash would be exchanged between the offer placer and the lowest bidder

Abuse Prevention
This idea cannot be abused but i would like to use this section to point out a negatives of the idea

It can be a bit confusing at first to everyone and especially new players but anyone with some experience with the share market will get it at first glance. To ease the confusion i would also suggest a tutorial quest explaining things .

Summary
Anyone who has played this game for a few months knows the struggle of spamming the world chat looking for an item and the disappointment when no one is replaying then waiting an hour to spam again hopping someone who just logged in would have your item. This idea will significantly increase your chance of finding the item your looking for, if you dont find it them you increase your offer and try again till you do. Things would be easier to buy and markets will be more active.

As for Innogames this will make the market more active and thus make it a more effective cash sink and control inflation a little bit more, both directly trough market fees and indirectly by allowing players to buy and upgrade gear easier.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

DeletedUser34194

The only thing that jumps out at me is what I would call "Price is right syndrome". You may put your offer of $10,000 up looking for item "X" and a minute later someone come in and offers $10,001 for item "X".

Now of course your the low bidder and out your fee.

Although I do think it may help to bring the price down on many items once folks realize that the average offer for beans is more like $500 and not $5000.

DeletedUser

Any decent mmorpg has this feature implemented. This is great proposal! However i seriously doubt game owners want to invest manpower to further develop this game.

DeletedUser14087

The only thing that jumps out at me is what I would call "Price is right syndrome". You may put your offer of $10,000 up looking for item "X" and a minute later someone come in and offers $10,001 for item "X".

Now of course your the low bidder and out your fee.

Although I do think it may help to bring the price down on many items once folks realize that the average offer for beans is more like $500 and not $5000.

In situations like these you have 2 options, either wait and hope there will be 2 sellers or cancel your order and place another one, thats how free market works even in the real world.
And 'price is right syndrome' as you said wont be a new thing caused by implementing this idea, it already exists in the game. You put an offer to sell an item 'X' in the game for 10,000 a minute later someone comes and puts an offer for 9,999, you have the same 2 options i mentioned above
Let the free market do its thing.

DeletedUser35533

+1. I like it, I think it has been suggested before and went nowhere but for what its worth you have my +1.

bosurker

Really like this idea. Only thing I'm trying to wrap my head around is if someone sees your Buy offer and wants to sell the item, do they have to go to the town in which the buy offer was placed - and if not and they can do it anywhere on the map, does the item just pop up in the Towns market where the buy offer was listed? Hope that makes sense.

DeletedUser14087

Really like this idea. Only thing I'm trying to wrap my head around is if someone sees your Buy offer and wants to sell the item, do they have to go to the town in which the buy offer was placed - and if not and they can do it anywhere on the map, does the item just pop up in the Towns market where the buy offer was listed? Hope that makes sense.
No they will be able to sell the item from anywhere but they would have to go to the town where the buy offer was placed to pick up the cash, just the opposite of what we are used to right now.