What does "vegan" actually imply?

Tucker Blue

There are a many misconceptions about what being vegan actually is. Let me clarify for you.

If you only eat a non animal product diet, you are not vegan. If you spend any money at all on animal based products you are not vegan.

Vegans do not support any animal reliant products. No leather, no wool, no fur, no horn, no animal gelatin, no bone char filtered sugar, no unsustainable palm oils, etc. Vegans do not eat name brand organic food, name brand food with organic ingredients or 99.9% of organic crops***. Organic crops are grown in poo. Horse poo, cow poo, goat poo, it's all poo. Do you think the poo comes from wild animals? Do you think workers wander the wild in search of poo? No. It comes from caged animals. Caged animals. So once again, organic is not vegan. Here's the one that nearly every single pet owner forgets. All name brand pet food has animal based ingredients. If you spend your money on any animal based products you are not vegan. That includes leather seats in your car. Yep. We think of everything.

It is extremely difficult to be vegan. i am one, i should know. i call so many companies to ask about their products it's annoyingly time consuming.

***Yes i am aware of "green manure". However these fertilizers are extremely expensive and are not used by name brand companies. They are trying to squeeze every cent of profit from their product, "green manure" is just too expensive. It's mostly used in smaller specialty product companies. You know, the ones that charge 3 times as much for their products and are commonly unknown.

If any part of this is unclear or if you have any questions, feel free to ask. This is a topic that still needs much more discussion in the world as veganism has only flourished in the last few decades.

On a very important side note, "Not tested on animals" products are not necessarily vegan. When you see advertising slogans like that be wary. It means literally and only that, not "tested" on animals. it does not however imply that no animal based ingredients or ingredients derived from non animal processes were used in the making of the product.

For instance, Oreo cookies are widely considered vegan because no dairy products are used in the manufacturing. Not only has Nabisco made public statements that their Oreo cookies are not vegan, they use organic ingredients. Yet people still believe they are vegan. Let me assure you, Oreo cookies use an organic sugar named Puresource Certified Organic Sugar. And as you just learned, organic is not vegan. Oh yeah kiddies, daddy did his homework.

Last edited:

fortfighter1

Tucker if i was to grow some vegetables and i was to use your poo as a fertilizer, would those vegetables then be Vegan ?

To get organic status in Ireland takes a five year process in converting land. How do you judge land that is producing Vegan food?

If a wild animal like a fox comes into my yard and eats some dog food and then goes and does a poo in a field of Vegan does that make that field non vegan or if some pigeons fly into one of my corn fields and eat corn and then fly over a vegan field and poo down on it, does that then not become non vegan?

If earthworms move from my field into a vegan field does that not destroy your pure vegan?

Last edited:

DeletedUser22685

Sounds tiresome. I'm personally not a fan of veganism, but it doesn't affect me what others choose to eat. It shows dedication if you believe in taking such extreme measures and actually manage to stick to it.

It's when vegans try to preach to and convert the rest of us that I have a problem, and the same could be said in reverse. It's similar to my stance on religion; believe in what you want, but don't try and convince me to do the same.

DeletedUser35533

vegans do what they do to protest industry and due to various other politics
vegetarians do it because they want to live healthy. in both cases the old joke of "how do you know if someone is a vegan?" applies.
at least you are not a breatharian

Tucker Blue

@fortfighter1 - As long as the poo comes from wild animals, go hard. It's not the poo that's the issue, it's the forced habitation of the animals that the poo comes from.

@futurama1001 - You go ahead and eat whatever you want to eat. That's called freedom of choice and we all have it. i will however warn people of the dangers of red meat. It contains a sugar named N-Glycolylneuraminic acid or Neu5Gc for short which substantially contributes to the growth of cancerous cells.

@DanteNightroad - To protest the industry by not financially supporting it, yes, political reasons....ehhh....not so much, if at all. For instance, McDonald's has shut down hundreds of their restaurants worldwide in the last few years due mostly to lack of sales. People just don't want that crap as much anymore. Bolivia has actually kicked the entire company out. They seriously don't want anything to do with that garbage......food? Breatharianism is a hoax. The Amazing Randy (James Randi) has offered his $1 million challenge to one, but it was not accepted. Watch Randi's explanation of this hoax:

Good questions.